I’m sad

Media files disappear in saved projects Nero Video 2015

Since I bought Nero video 2014 (Nero platinum 2014) and now I have Nero video 2015 I have the same problem to date no one can give me a solution !!!!
Nero video saved projects
when you open it (nero video 2105) in the main screen your media are there but when you go to edit it disappear
in the edit screen (don't tell me you you moved the file) even if you try to put a new media file it will not show there and when you click on next to go to main screen it will say the movie is empty and will be deleted.
for two years I used to bypass this problem by closing then opening the program several times there must be some solution to this I am sick from this problem
PS. tried everything updating, re-installing still the same problem
it doesn't happen all the times but a lot.
3 people have
this problem
+1
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I noticed in your first screenshot that there's a rectangular Menu box on the right hand side of the screen which has the same options as normally appear in separate boxes as in the last screenshot. Does that always appear?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I was showing you that the media file exist and is showing in the play screen
    then the box appear when i right click to edit and when it goes to the editing screen the media disappear ( video, pictures,audio) the lot even if i drag any media there it will not show
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I understand your problem and what you're trying to show, but that box stood out and I thought you might have a graphics problem. When I right click in the media area, I get a menu with all the options, not just the few you show. Something goofy there.

Instead of right clicking, just highlight the video you want to edit by clicking on it in the media area. then click on the edit button. Does the Movie Options come up. If so, continue on. Does the video show up in the editing screen.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• thats what i get when i right click the media
    even if i highlight it then click the edit button same thing.
    I just made a screen recording if you want

http://tinypic.com/r/211q99s/8
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Last night I was only importing one file. Today I imported four. When I right click on one, I get the same menu that you are.

However, you're not getting the movie options I mentioned in my last post when you click on edit-

I think that's because it goes to the fact that it's saying the movie is empty even though the files are importing and displaying\playing properly..

Since it also happened in v14, I think there's something in the system configuration.

You should send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com. They're going to need your nerosupport.cab file. Go to nero.com, Support. Click on Nero 2015. In the system tools, download the getsupportfiles utility and run it. It will create the .cab file on your desktop. Attach that to your e-mail (don't post it here). Let us know what they have to say.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• when you import the file for the first time will give this option
    but when you save your project and you come to edit your media
    another time only that small box appear since already you set those options before
    I will send the cab to nero see what they say I think its because I have 4 versions
    of nero installed (nero 11, nero 12, nero 2014 and nero 2015) the reason I kept
    the old versions so I can run 2 or three at the same time.
    nero 11 and nero 12 they dont have this problem .
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have 6 versions of Nero on my main system and I can't reproduce your problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I keep getting edited clips that were saved on my timeline being replaced with other random clips when I go back into the project, no matter how much I save them. Sometimes the whole program completely freezes and can only get out by Task Manager
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Are the random clips parts of the original files? What editing did you do to the originals? Are you using v2014 or v2015.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I imported a DVD and the random clips come from this. I have 2015. I made sub clips from the DVD.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yes, but how did you make the sub clips? Did you cut? Did you remove the parts you cut before you saved, if you cut? Just trying to get an idea of what you're doing.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    I am encountering the same problem. I have created an number of projects and saved them. Now when I open up Nero Video 2015 and open an existing project, all the imported videos are gone and all the work I did to create the movie is gone. when I click next I get the following message "The movie is empty and will be deleted." Furthermore, if I open a new project, I can no longer import videos that I have saved on a local hard drive. By the way, I accidently opened Nero Video 2012. Could this have cause some issue with Nero Video 2015?
    • Hi Cliff,
      The saved project is only a "container" or pointer to the original input video files, it does not include the actual video files, just links to them as they were and the editing changes you made to them.

Hence, if the original video files have been moved or deleted, the project will not be able to find them again.

Have you deleted / moved the original video files used to construct the project?

As for not being able to import a new video file into a new project ... that could be a different issue.

Do you get any error messages when you try to use the import files drop-down?
      Or does it just do nothing?
    • Hi Phil, Thanks for the reply, I did not move, delete, change or rename the files after linking them. As it turns out, all the projects that I created in Nero Video 2015 were empty. When I tried to re-import them, or any file for that matter, the programs did nothing. I have since deleted Nero 2015 and since I was in a hurry, I used Nero Video 12 to meet my needs. My goal is to re-install Nero 2015 at a later date to see if this fixes the issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have a similar problem. Click my .mov wee video into edit it - Fine! Then click SAVE- Fine. Then when I want to make a DVD with it and some others I have already edited - they're not there. If I click DOCUMENT>NERO VIDEO - They ARE there but when I'm in the NERO (I have Nero Platium 14) program and click IMPORT FILES, my edited videos are not there in NERO VIDEO. TRIED 3 times and boy this Nero is so frustrating. Nero would sell so many more of their stuff when they learn to throw out written tutorials, much more video tutorials like Corel.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well, first of all Lucky Phil thanks for replying.

I can dismiss your P.S. because I was/am aware that the original files should not move/change from where they were when you made the project. So I'll move forward to what I don't know or understand.

I fully understand what you're saying in that the Project has to be opened and not imported. I understand also your explanation of the 'shell' holding instructions -all very clear thank you. You see I can (and did) IMPORT my 4 little .mov videos without any trouble to create a video DVD by clicking IMPORT FILES. Made a DVD without much trouble. BUT, (and it's a big BUT), I wanted to brighten my 4 little videos up a bit before creating a video DVD so I (rightly or wrongly) I thought I'd make a little PROJECT with each one - 4 separate projects to just brighten them up with 4 separate Project names. Tell me, to then create a DVD with my brightened up videos, how does one go about it. If I click "CREATE DVD", all there is to click (to get my 4 wee videos which have been brightened up) is IMPORT FILES - there's no OPEN videos or files.

To sum up, I can make a VIDEO DVD using 4 dull clips which looks terrible OR I can edit each one (4 PROJECTS) to brighten them up (making a big difference) but fail the know how to get the improved clip onto DVD.

If I click OPEN on one of the 4, it'll probably open in the PROJECT bit - I don't want to improve them any further. And how do I get the other 3 - don't want them all linked together in one movie.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Elizabeth,
    You have the brightened up clips each in a separate saved project file ... am I right?

So, when you start Nero Video and "Open" one of the projects ... where does it take you to in Nero Video ... which screen?

An edit screen ... Advanced Editing or Express editing ?

Or some other screen within Nero Video?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If you are taken to one of the Edit screens when you open one of your saved projects ... and your video is sitting there happily brightened up ...

All you need to do then is click on the "Next" button bottom right ...

It should lead you to the "What to do next" screen.

There, you select Create a Disc / DVD / DVD-Video and continue on as normal to burn the DVD.

Example screen capture below:

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The screen you want (my example is Nero 15 - but Nero 14 should be similar) to open your previously saved projects is this one:

(click on pic for a closer view)

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Lucky Phil, You can go into as much detail as you want as far as I'm concerned. I just wanted to tell you what I knew so you could concentrate on what I didn't know - and I appreciate it.

Well, I haven't tried your just "CLICK OPEN" yet as I've no time this weekend (visitors coming!) However, I will. I did think of doing what you say above. That is - if I have one in the edit bit then I could click the NEXT button which would take me of course to the creating the DVD bit (with my new improved clip all brightened) BUT that would be no use - I want a movie with all 4 in the DVD. Yes, I could get one done all tickety boo but still need to get (somehow) the other 3. Surely I don't have to click OPEN on all 4 (one at a time) to get them into the NEXT bit to create a DVD and although I haven't tried it yet, I'd put my pension on a bet that by the time I got to the 2nd, the 1st wouldn't be in the DVD bit.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Ah! OK ... now I'm with you .. (I'm a bit slow on the uptake)

:)

You want to join all 4 brightened clips together, or at least have all four able to be selected in the one DVD ... but currently, each one has been brightened up and saved individually in 4 separate projects ...

OK ... let me ponder on that ...

There could be a way to do it that will avoid exporting each one individually and then re-importing them into a fresh project.

I have a vague memory of someone doing that previously ... I'll try to find the reference.

Failing that, it can be done, but would be a bit of a fiddly task.

If all else fails, I can guide you through doing it the hard way ...

I'll have a search for an easier way first ....
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Sadly, I can't find a way to open more than one project at a time ...

OK ...

The hard way :|

Open one of your saved projects containing the brightened clip ...
    Click the "Export" button.

Select the "Export video to file" option.

You can then export that brightened clip to a .mp4 file for example.

Select where the exported file will go and / or give it a name to distinguish it ..

Bright1.mp4 (for example)

Let it export.

Then exit Nero Video.

Start Nero Video again ... open the next saved project ...

Click the "Export" button.

Select the "Export video to file" option.

You can then export that video to a different .mp4 file for example.

Select where the exported file will go and / or give it a name to distinguish it ..

Bright2.mp4 (for example)

Do the same for the remaining 2 saved projects.

You end up with 4 video files which you can then import into a new Nero Video project ....

Start a NEW Create Disc / DVD / DVD-video project.

Import the 4 previously exported .mp4 files ...

Bright1.mp4
    Bright2.mp4
    Bright3.mp4
    Bright4.mp4

So then you have the 4 imported brightened video files now sitting in the content screen.

If you want each of the 4 to have their own Menu button ... just leave them as they are, and continue on as normal to create a Menu
    and then burn your DVD.

IF (and only if) you want to have all 4 clips joined together as "one big one" ...

Highlight the 4 in the content screen ...

Click on the "Join" button and Nero will combine all those video files together.

Then continue on as normal to create the DVD.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Oh Phil, Every question you asked, I was saying, "Yes, that's right - that's exactly what I want!"

I'll write all that down about exporting each one. You're a God send!!

Many thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The problem is Nero's a crap programme put together by and used by amateurs (like me).
    I save my projects religiously, even 'safety' copies in different places, and when I reopen them, half the time ALL my layout has gone.

then the 'this video will be deleted', as if they haven't ddome enough damge already.

Disgusted with it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm