Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

MediaHome 2014 suggestions

Simple music/burning/syncing program that's a nice alternative to the bloat-ware available.

Music player is perhaps a bit too simple. Would like to see some added features in a possible future update that will bring it in line with other available software:

• File tagging
• Movable/sizable/customizable columns in music player. The Duration column is almost wider than the Album title column. A lot of wasted horizontal real estate.
• Drag and drop album covers directly onto album tile. Currently, doing this simply opens up the photo viewer.
• Ability to remove duplicate files in library/playlists.
• Auto Sign-in. Currently, you have to sign in every time you run the program.
2 people like
this idea
+1
  • I recommend you send your suggestions to tech support.

When you're browsing your music, you should be able to right click on a file and make a selection to remove it. However, I think that will delete the file from your hard drive.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thanks for your response. I was suggesting a feature that seeks out duplicate entries in playlists and such.

On another note: I paid $5 to activate MediaHome's burner application and was disappointed it didn't even give me the basic option to select burn speed. I wasn't expecting a full-featured burner or anything close for $5, but at least give me the option to select burn speed.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Let me address a couple of your suggestions:

You can add tags in the MediaInfo section.

I don't have to sign in each time I run the program. That's only necessary in a couple of situations. Does it ask you to sign in?

You can remove files but it doesn't have any utility to automatically find duplicates and delete one of them.

When you switch to thumbnail view, the title size is much bigger than the duration. In either case it seems that any title you have would fit in the allotted space. Let's see- supercalafragilisticeexp..............
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks again for your reply.

The sign-in I can live without. It seems that it's only useful for the Market.

I would simply like customizable widths for columns in list view. It's strange that they would not include this very common feature. When viewing list form, the Duration column is wider than the Artists column, creating a lot of wasted horizontal space. I'd also like to see the ability to customize columns with additional details (copyright, release year, date added, date modified, etc.).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If you right click and select Media Info. It will show you some of the information you want to see.

Since we can't do anything about changing the space utilage, I suggest that you send your suggestions in an e-mail to tech support.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm