Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Missing Music Album Covers in Media Home 2016

I had to reinstall Windows 10. Now about half of my music album covers are missing and only a generic cover shows. Where are the missing covers? How do I get them to display on my All Music screen in Nero Platinum 2016 Media Home?
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • When you reinstalled, did you use the most recent trial version and insert your purchased serial number?

If not, did you run the check for updates? Did you also reinstall the content packs? Just mentioning the latter for completeness.

Is GraceNote enabled?

There's also the possibility that you need to get your patents activated since you reinstalled Windows but, since it's on the same computer, it may not be necessary.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• 1. I reinstalled my copy of Nero Platinum 16, purchased from Nero.
    2. Yes, I did insert my serial number.
    3. Yes, I did re-register Nero 16 with Nero.
    4. Yes, I have installed the most current version of Nero 16 as a download from Nero's website, and Nero tells me I'm running the latest version.
    5. Yes, I've re-installed the various content packs.
    6. I don't know if GraceNote is enabled or not. How do I determine this, and how do I enable it?
    7. Yes, my Windows 10 is activated and current.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Open Burning Rom and select Cancel. Go to File\Options\Database. Is GraceNote enabled there?

I'm not on my system with v2016 so I can't crosscheck on this one but, in Nero MediaHome, click on Options, Audio. Is GraceNote enabled there?

The activation I was referring to are the patent activations for the Nero software. You can't work with mpeg-4, .mts or .m2ts files unless they're activated. Sometimes, when one reinstalls the OS, Nero thinks you're installing it on a different computer and you can only use one serial number on one computer.

You could open Nero Video and select Blu-ray disc in Create Disc. Then, try to import a file with one of those formats.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated!
    Thanks for the instructions.
    1. GraceNote IS enabled in Burning Rom File\Options\Database.
    2. GraceNote IS enabled in Nero MediaHome Options>Audio.
    3. All my audio files are MP3.

Half of my covers still are generic.

Any other ideas?

Ron
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks Ron-

What I'm going to suggest will empty your Library and remove things like faces so, you might want to make a copy of the Library using the option provided.

Please go here-

C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\

If possible, rename the Nero folder to Nero1 and rename the Nero_AG folder to Nero_AG1.

Restart NMH.

Copy back your Library or add your folders manually.

Does that help?

Note that you can always remove the new folders and replace them with the renamed ones by removing the "1" in the name, if it doesn't help.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated