Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

MKV playback in NeroMediahome/Nero 2016 Platinum

I have Nero 2016 Platinum, been sent an MKV file, when I try to play it in Nero MediaHome it tells me the feature, something to with sound, is not available in my product, but then goes on to suggest that if I upgrade to Nero 2016 Classic it will play the file. What is going on here and why would "upgrading" to a lesser product be required? Very confused, and as I already have a purchased copy of Nero 2016 Platinum what would be the sense in this.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • My guess is that the .mkv file contains HD audio, in particular: DTS audio?

There was a "rushed" update a couple of months ago, where the ability to decode HD audio (DTS) was removed from Nero 2016 (owing to a lawsuit by DTS against Nero AG)... my guess is that the update is causing this weird message ....

Perhaps Nero Tech support could confirm that?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I’m Extremely angry
    Can they also confirm when you click on the pop-up help message that you are directed to "upgrade" to Nero 2016 Classic to resolve the issue, as this will definitely not be the case.
    Have Nero completely lost the plot, if you start removing chunks of software that a customer has paid good money for, surely the customer is entitled to either compensation, a replacement with Nero 2015 Platinum, or a refund.
    The wording might be clever but there is still a picture of a BluRay disc on the advert for Nero 2016, implying that it can indeed be played with the product, how can 4K be supported as it also uses HD sound. Let's face it as a BluRay tool of any description, Nero 2016 fails abysmally.
    Why should they still be advertising this product as an upgrade from previous versions, when, the chances are you will be losing functionality and usability.
    Can Nero survive this debacle as the loyal customers who have been around since Nero 4 and onwards are now being treated abysmally by the company and when Nero suggest using a third party BluRay player to do things their software can't, it is just admitting how bad they have become.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I will try that just now, do I need to use a special cleanup tool to remove everything properly.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I’m Sad that customers provide better help than Nero
    Used older install file from Sep 2015, unfortunately no BluRay player, after install of Nero 2016 Ultimate, I started an install of Nero 2014 Ultimate and only selected MediaHome & BluRay Player, which now work correctly, if I had not had a licence code for a previous version this would not have been possible. I think I need to write to customer care to see if I can get another couple of codes for Nero 2014 Ultimate to allow me to use Nero 2015 & Nero 2016 properly, ridiculous state of affairs.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• It seems to me that the easiest solution would be to issue an update that would fix the issue rather than backdating the installation. C'mon guys.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm