Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

My Nero 2015 HD platinum blu-ray player is not working

I use Nero 2015 HD Platinum since yesterday. I tried to play some HD files from differed HDD locations - one of them ripped in full length from BD movie disc, the other recorded on my Sony Handycam, I also tried to open other video files. None of them started with the player. The player opened, but no play started. Could anyone help?

Chavdar Nikolov
3 people have
this problem
+1
  • It might take a minute or so for the disc to load.

If you click on Open in the blu-ray player and select the drive containing the disc, does it work?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I was referring to files on the harddrive. I haven't tried with the external disc. I have a worderful Sony blu ray player, so I use it for such purposes. Harddrive files should be loaded more quickly. It doesn't work if I open a file by right-clicking on file and choosing the player, or by opening the player first and then finding the file by the open function.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• When you installed v2015, did you go to the Nero ControlCenter and run the check for updates?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I'm having a similar problem; I just bought the 2015 Platinum suite and also have Windows 8.1, but the Blu-Ray player will quite frequently just stop playing a disc, or the application will crash altogether. Additionally, when it crashes, I sometimes cannot eject the disc unless I perform a hard reset of the system.

There are no updates available for the Blu-Ray Player, so my best guess is there are furious compatibility problems were Windows 8.1.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I didn't mention to Chavdar that the blu-ray player is only for BDMV and .m2ts files. All others are played in Nero MediaHome.

Simon- The problem with the blu-ray player only playing a few minutes of a blu-ray and then stopping is a system specific problem and is known by tech support. There's supposed to be an update coming but I don't when. An update to Nero MediaHome was supposed to be issued today and I thought that the blu-ray player update would be included. However, to my knowledge, no updates were issued today.

Robert, is that the same problem you're having?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Seems like this is a common problem as my copy of Nero 15 wont play the disc, locks up and I can't close or eject the Blu-Ray disc. I have to turn the computer off to get the disc out the next time I start up. Looks like I've wasted my money buying this program, does any one use PowerDVD from cyberlink?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• That's different. I've never had the player lock up. On my Vista 64 bit system, it just plays for about 5 minutes and then stops and restarts. On my Win 7 system, it works fine.
    You can either wait for the update or send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com. Do you have the latest firmware (not driver) for your blu-ray drive?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m Frustrated, Dissapointed.
    Nero WAS a good software, all they can do now it's poor interface upgrades and charge for something new and amazing. Blu-Ray player simply doesn't work, dont even open. Worst: Completely freezes the drive until you restart all the system.
    Other softwares do it fine.
    Wish my money back, but from what I heard on customer service, the answer was basycally "fu.. You moron!".

Never, really, never buy from this company again.
    If you are thinking about buying or not, please, don't do this to yourself!
    • view 1 more comment
    • I have to agree, Leandro. I was really happy with Nero back around version 4, but with each successive version I've owned it seems to have progressively lost its way. I haven't updated to every release, but I'm now on 2015 Platinum, and a lot of the bolt-on applications aren't anywhere near best-of-breed. I'd rather Nero make sure the tools it provides are well-developed and robust, rather than trying to cover so many bases and doing only a so-so job of it.

My copy of the Blu-ray player does open and play, but it fails on a lot of the more recent discs, and tech support really isn't any help. (Yes, my installation is fully patched,) I'm looking for an alternative to PowerDVD, but sadly Nero doesn't seem to be it. I upgraded to Nero 2015 based on promises of "improved performance" in playback, only to find the application hasn't been updated in four years. Ratty way to treat loyal customers, Nero.
    • What hasn't been updated in four years?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• What did you hear on Customer Service? Did you send the problem to techsupport@nero.com? There's nothing like hearsay to justify a flame.

What happens when you try to open the player?
    • frustrating to look through the forum ... see all questions and problems... no solutions that sound... Have sent email to techsupport, but it seems to wait forever. If you want to talk to technical support, they charge 1.29 usd/minute. That very sucks, I just purchased the software, but look like I will be loosing more money for the garbage.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m iritated
    Here we have the same problem.
    Our system is Win 7 professional, service pack 1, Blu-ray player LG BH10LS30 with the latest driver of microsoft and firmware from LG. Within window media player we can play the individual fragments without any problem. In our Panasonic Blu-ray player connected to a normal TV it works also fine.

But in Nero ...after a few minutes the software is or rebooting or pausing.
    This at a random time. It is very annoying

Please HELP!
    We will be very happy if Nero solve this problem very quickly.
    Because we paid for the software, so we might expect to receive an working solution.

If not....Nero is not the only company who is making software for blu-ray players.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m furious.
    Well, no "hearsay" here. That's what is happening.

No solution or update at all.

No BluRay player working, Nero Burning ROM doesn't work and freezes the drive until system reboot.

All system components updated (Windows PRO with WMC), LG BluRay Drive/Recorder with latest firmware.

Nero - Never again, Money stealers!

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• My comment about hearsay was based on what you said about customer support. Unless you send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com, they're not going to know about your problem.

We've already discussed the update to the Nero Blu-ray player. I was able to do a test of a review copy of the update and it fixes the problem that I had with it on one system where it plays for a certain period of time and then errors out and restarts. I'm guessing the update will be available within the next two weeks.

Please start a new thread on the problem with Burning Rom. I'll help you there.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I've send an email to them. All I've got was crappy answers and no solution.

About Burning Rom, today I've lost 3 DVD's trying to burn them.
    Then I've simply burn the exact content with Windows Explorer, ALL FINE.

Reinstalled Nero 2015, checked updates, tried again: another DVD on garbage.
    The burning process starts and stucks on 1%, then, the drive freezes.

Using "Nero2015-16.0.04100_trial" to install Nero. Before was "Nero2015-16.0.02900".

It's a good time to Roxio go back to the Market, their only problem was regionalization of their products.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Hi everyone,
    Have the same issue as you guys have!
    Nero 15 bluray player does not work and freezes the drive.
    What the ---!
    Had the same issue with Nero 12 they were never able to fix it!
    Nero 9 always worked for me but since Nero 12 it is a nightmare!
    My mate paid nearly AU$200 and the bluray player does not work!
    Nero simply B.S.
    If software does not work out of the box it is fraud!
    Re installing it you are going to waste time and money.
    What does a windows update got to do with Nero bluray player!
    This company is simply B.S..
    Nero AG employees are here to help, if Nero would be sinuously interested in there Customers they would fix it.
    But arrogant a-holes driving Mercedes you can not expect to much!
    Our Computer Engineer says Germans can make mechanicle product but electronics, well stay far far away from this country.
    We will try to get our money back, if not we will notify consumer affairs, then you can not sell anything not working and just take the money and run!
    Customers should have at least a 30 day money back guarantee!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The Blu-ray player is common to v11 through v2015. As a result, it's no surprise you have a problem like other people.

Leandro- start a new thread on your burning problems. We can probably figure it out.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Hi Mr. Wither,

So Nero does know about it's Blu-ray player!

So again since v11 it is an issue, are you serious or is it a joke!

4 Years and no fix, you must be joking.

Look a tried it all what happens is the player works for short time (about 1 Min.) and then windows tells us Nero Blu-ray Player needs to restart.

We have done all updates and still the same result.

Also the Blu-ray drive freezes up and the eject button in my computer or the drive button to eject the disc is impossible.
    Only a system restart will work to eject the disc.

That looks to me as a serious Software issue and not a Windows or Hardware issue.

We have the latest drivers and updates on our system.

After the restart due to Blu-ray drive freeze our system was behaving erratically!

So to fix this we restored our system and it runs perfectly again!

We the Customer's are sick and tired of uploading files and problems which should have been fixed a long time ago!

Well not being smart here Nero had four years to fix this and nothing has been done about it, just a lot of very upset Customers!

Stop advertising for a Blu-ray player and selling it if Nero does not understand to make it work!

We have purchased Cyber-link Power DVD ultra installed it and it works strait out of the box with no updates installed!

So why do you think that is, well this people know what they are doing.

The only way out of this is we like our money back!

Regards
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Just to clarify things- the problems with the blu-ray player started 2-3 months ago, not when v11, etc. was issued.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Leandro,

Just to clarify Mr. Wither's last comment.

Apparently the Blu-ray issue started only 2-3 months ago.

Why is Nero still advertising for it if it knows it does not work!

We purchased the Nero 2011/2012 version with the same issue Blu-ray player not working!

Tech support could never fix it so we were stuck with it.

Unfortunately we never ask our money back then!

We contacted Nero nearly a week ago and ask for our purchase price back, but had no feedback from them.

Well Does that not sound like Nero Customer Service is here to help!

Well maybe we have to write in German, because it seems if it comes to money Nero does not speak English!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To do the right thing we will wait another couple of days and then contact our Bank and Paypal to get hopefully our money back.

We have dealt with many Software Company's and had never issues getting our purchase price back no questions ask, but Nero seems to have there own laws!

If we don't get our money back we will post again here and many other forums, because potential Customers need to know what is going on.

Unfortunately Nero AG is doing it to them self's, and is loosing a lot of customers.

To big to fail might be right, but in Nero's case we the customer's think you are going down big time then one day someone will sue the pants of you!

All the best to you Leandro and if we the Customer's stick together we can bring this Company to it's knees till it does the right thing by us!

Many Regards
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Everyone,

Today we lodged a complaint with PayPal to get our purchase price back, we had to wait nearly a week for a response from them.

Apparently there terms are no money back! Seriously!

As of point of sale there is no info that there is no money back what so ever!

Nero clearly is withholding information and is misleading there Customer's and Public!

Nero get lost!

The email contains the same B.S. as we got back in 2012 and no fix!

Just a lot of questions to scare the Customer.

Well all we say is Never Ever Ever Purchase Anything from NERO what so Ever Ever!!!

Regards
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I had this problem with Nero Platinum 14 and tech support told me the same thing--even emailed me a "fix" which didn't fix anything. So I asked for a refund (which they graciously gave me). When Nero 15 came out I was hopeful that the issue had been fixed, after all, who would release a new version knowing there were still issues? But they did, as my trial install of Platinum 15 confirmed. Apparently the BluRay player for Nero 14 and 15 is the same one they used for Nero 12. I switched to Cyberlink PowerDVD 14 Ultra with NO problems.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Same problem for me with Nero 2015 Platinum. It tells me that no blu ray player is installed. It even offers me a 'free' download of the MediaHome upgrade which is only a 15 day trial.
    My Cyberlink works well.
    Time to uninstall Nero and avoid future upgrades. Shame. I used to like Nero.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• There is something seriously wrong with your Platinum installation if there's no blu-ray player and it's offering you a free download of the Nero MediaHome trial. Both of these apps are part of Platinum and Nero MediaHome is part of every version of Nero starting with v10 (starting with the v10.6 update).

If you go to the Nero ControlCenter, is your purchased serial number shown correctly (please don't post it here)? I don't know if you previously installed a trial version. If you did and its serial number is shown in the Nero ControlCenter, remove it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m confused
    Hi, I just uninstalled all Nero products and my 2014 and 2015 serial numbers. Then I used my original installation file with the emailed serial number which was accepted. Installation file Nero2015-16.0.02900
    No joy. :(
    It also offers me an upgrade to Nero 2015 Platinum.....I thought that I already bought that...
    BluRay player not available. MediaHome looks to offer me the free upgrade.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• the expendables bluray is not working. tried media home and bluray player. I have the most recent updates and running nero 15 hd platinum. when I try it sais connot play this media check online for solutions.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm