Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2014 & Nero 2019 Platinum on Same PC

Can I install Nero 2019 Platinum on the same machine that has Nero 2014 Platinum without any conflicts? Will Nero 2019 recognize all my current images and labels that were created with Nero 2014?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • You can have both installed but there are some things to be aware of-

v2019 will replace your 2014 versions of Nero MediaHome, CoverDesigner, WaveEditor, SoundTrax, and BackItUp with the latest versions. You won't be able to launch the older version of them. I don't think it would make any difference to you in regards to CoverDesigner, WaveEditor or SoundTrax since they haven't gone through much updating after v2014.

v2019 will recognize all your images and labels from v2014.

I don't know what you do with Nero but you might want to keep v2014 since v2019 doesn't include the Nero Blu-ray Player and it doesn't allow working with HD (like DTS) audio.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thanks for the reply, Wither 1. I will keep Nero 2014 for the Blu-ray Player and the HD audio. My hope is that the Video and new contents Pkgs will be much improved as others have commented in Nero 2019. Truthfully, the audio part of Nero has always been the most reliable for me but the video/DVD apps have always been in need of improvements. Thanks again for the important info on Nero 2014.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Yeh, the biggest improvements have primarily been to Nero Video. If you want to use the features in Nero Video v2019 that aren't in v14 and you have video which has HD audio, you could either use Recode or Nero Video in v14 to change the audio to something other than HD and then use that video in v2019 for your project.

You may find that some of the newer blu-ray discs may not play in the Nero Blu-ray player because of changes in the AACS keys. In that case, we've been suggesting that people use something like the free Leawoo Blu-ray player.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated