Nero 2014 Platinium suite is dead, won't start

Hello!
I run Win7 Pro, 8GB ram, HD 2GB, Intel I3
I run Nero 2014
For a week now NERO 2014 Platinium won't start (any NERO programs won't start) I used the Nero tool "GetsupportFiles" I sent it twice to Nero support and after 6 days no answer, no help. I'm kind of upset ! Does anybody had this kind of problem?
Thanks for your help
2 people have
this problem
+1
next » « previous
  • Alain,

All of the above demonstrates to my satisfaction that your difficulties must be addressed by Nero. As I said, I simply loaded the mfc100u.dll using a simplistic method (that works). So, your system is able to locate the DLL and load it.

Your assumption that your system is "working" is a little over-reaching as I see it. I'm guessing that Nero is using one of the more complicated methods of loading the DLL and could be having version problems, etc. Only they can sort that out.

If I were you, I would do the following:

First, rename the mfc100u.dll that you've placed in the Nero Launcher folder to
    mfc100uX.dll.

Then, double-click the Nero desktop icon. Given the above info, Nero will not start, but will create two new entries in the Windows Application event log. Double-click each and use the "Copy" button and then paste to a text file. If you do this, please post the contents for all to see.

Next, I would write a new email to techsupport@nero.com referencing this thread, including the event log entries, and attaching a fresh copy of the Nero GetSupportFiles .CAB output file.

I suppose I would also mention the substantial payment you made to Microsoft at Tech Support's suggestion.

P.S. Please post the name of the Tech Support professional that authored the "Windows is the problem" email you posted above.
    • view 1 more comment
    • Event log 1:
      Log Name: Application
      Source: Application Error
      Date: 28/05/2015 19:22:18
      Event ID: 1000
      Task Category: (100)
      Level: Error
      Keywords: Classic
      User: N/A
      Computer: BOSS2010-PC
      Description:
      Faulting application name: NeroLauncher.exe, version: 15.0.12.0, time stamp: 0x5284c0f8
      Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
      Exception code: 0xc0000005
      Fault offset: 0x00a4a170
      Faulting process id: 0x600
      Faulting application start time: 0x01d0996ad8e1ad67
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 2014\Nero Launcher\NeroLauncher.exe
      Faulting module path: unknown
      Report Id: 17381360-055e-11e5-8edf-6cf049e289c5
      Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
      BOSS2010-PC

NeroLauncher.exe
      5284c0f8
      unknown
      c0000005
      00a4a170
      01d0996ad8e1ad67
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 2014\Nero Launcher\NeroLauncher.exe
      unknown
      17381360-055e-11e5-8edf-6cf049e289c5

Event log 2:
      Log Name: Application
      Source: Application Error
      Date: 28/05/2015 19:22:24
      Event ID: 1000
      Task Category: (100)
      Level: Error
      Keywords: Classic
      User: N/A
      Computer: BOSS2010-PC
      Description:
      Faulting application name: NeroLauncher.exe, version: 15.0.12.0, time stamp: 0x5284c0f8
      Faulting module name: mfc100u.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2e0e6
      Exception code: 0x4000001f
      Fault offset: 0x00200c00
      Faulting process id: 0x600
      Faulting application start time: 0x01d0996ad8e1ad67
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 2014\Nero Launcher\NeroLauncher.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\mfc100u.dll
      Report Id: 1ace7a69-055e-11e5-8edf-6cf049e289c5
      Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
      BOSS2010-PC

NeroLauncher.exe
      5284c0f8
      mfc100u.dll
      4df2e0e6
      4000001f
      00200c00
      01d0996ad8e1ad67
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 2014\Nero Launcher\NeroLauncher.exe
      C:\Windows\system32\mfc100u.dll
      1ace7a69-055e-11e5-8edf-6cf049e289c5
    • Alain,

When I cause this error, the path to mfc100u.dll in the event log is simply the file name with no drive or folder specified:

Faulting module path: mfc100u.dll

Your log shows:

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\mfc100u.dll

I'm not sure if that means anything or not. I tried using that entire path in my test program, but it went directly to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mfc100u.dll" as I think it should. Hopefully, someone at Tech Support can address it.

Or, maybe, in a few days, ...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• Omega,
    I just follow your advice but when I'm on Process explorer it doesn't showa lower windows as your exemple, look what I got:

What do you think?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• view 1 more comment
    • Omega,
      I just sent a msg to Nero support with 2 event log + a getsupport file from the last test when I change mfc100u with a X as you suggested to me.
      Concerning the name of the Nero support person who said that Windows was the problem: Gerald, the only one who answer ONCE and only once! NERO support was since absent, except to delete my comment when it was bad for them!
    • Alain,

Gerald? That's interesting.

Hopefully, some resolution will be forthcoming (in a timely manner). For my part, I would like to thank you for bringing this issue. I'm having a great deal of fun with it - getting into new things in my waning years! Good luck.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Alain,

I've been playing with another tool that may be very helpful. After minimal setup, it displays the DLLs that a program loads when it is run. It requires administrative permissions and cannot be run directly from the website:
    Process Monitor v3.2.

If you want to try it, download, unzip, and run the procmon.exe. It will displays an enormous amount of events! Select filter, then filter again!

Select Process Name from the list and type 'NeroLauncher.exe' in the box. Click "Add". Now, when OK is clicked, the event list will be cleared and only events initiated by NeroLauncher.exe will be displayed.

You can also select "Always on top" on the Tools menu.

Next, double-click the Nero desktop icon. Events are displayed and repeatedly searching for 'mfc100' will find occurrences of mfc100u.dll, mfs100enu.dll, etc.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I try Processor monitor and here is the result:

May be you'll find something...
    Thanks
    • view 8 more comments
    • No, it's a handmade desktop (my 3rd) which was running just fine until NERO failed...Config:
    • O.K. Thanks Alain, I just came across an obscure reference about fixing the dll error that involved a VAIO update program causing interference... but that's not the case with you then.

Re-installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (both the 32 bit and the 64 bit) really should have fixed your problem I think ... so we are still at a loss it seems :(
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Based on my correspondence with tech support, they've contacted you about your situation. Have they?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Omega Tester-

The post you referred to doesn't actually answer my question. I'm trying to verify some things. I just want to know when he got an actual response to his April submittal from tech support and what it said. If it's May 10, what did they say?
    • view 3 more comments
    • On May 15 here is the certificate that show they received my getsupportfiles:

Final-recipient: RFC822; techsupport@nero.com
      Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; displayed
      X-MSExch-Correlation-Key: VzcFuCKAI0KUXQTF3U/HPA==
      Original-Message-ID:
      X-Display-Name: POP3 techsupport
    • On may 18 here is their answer:

Dear Mr. Piastra,

thank you for your e-mail and for sending a new getsupportfiles.

As we can see form the log file, the crash is still caused by the Windows dll.

mfc100u.dll

5/11/2015 22:31:03 4 0 1001 Windows Error Reporting N/A BOSS2010-PC Fault bucket 1178788806, type 17 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: NeroLauncher.exe P2: 15.0.12.0 P3: 5284c0f8 P4: mfc100u.dll P5: 10.0.40219.325 P6: 4df2e0e6 P7: c000001d P8: 001ff1f4 P9: P10: Attached files: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WER90F9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA7C4.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA7D5.tmp.mdmp These files may be available here: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_NeroLauncher.exe_ae4ae9511a79bf6eecd1159eb76b17c892857f_1195c60c Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 9c2f1f1e-f81c-11e4-b4bb-6cf049e289c5 Report Status: 9

As you have already involved Microsoft Support in this case there is no way we could go on from here. There is no way from Nero's side to provide a solution.
      It seems to have worked for months, we cannot identify what on your system has been changed/updated, and is now causing the problems.

All we can offer is to refund your order for Nero 2014 Platinum.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards

Gerald
      Nero Forum
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thank you Alain- I suspected there was an additional e-mail (May 18) and it's what I was looking for.

Based on the fact that you started this thread, it appears that you didn't take them up on their offer. Please identify how you responded to that to their offer.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• It's simple: I need a full-feature software like Nero to work, if you know of an equivalent suite pls tell me. The Win 7 burning tool is pretty bad, LG tools are limited, I was very satisfied with Nero for many years, all I'm asking is a solution to have my software working, is it too much to ask from a software supplier? Or I wonder if Nero is such market-dominent that they really don't care !...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I went the extra mile and, in this particular case, I now find myself in an awkward position. I'll try to be as diplomatic as I can.

I can't, and don't, speak for Nero. I'll simply say that I think the best option you have is to accept the refund offer. Sorry, but I won't have anymore to say about it.

You can use things like CyberLink or Roxio.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I'm now working with 2 friends, experts in WIN 7, to find the cause of this problem, because I don't take no for an answer. I'll keep you posted when we find the solution.
    I want to thank you Wither, Omega Tester, Lucky Phil, for your assistance and help with this problem.
    I'm still convinced that Nero support is not efficient and does not really care about its customers, I learned that it's less costly to keep an old customer happy than trying to get new ones.
    Instead of offering to refund me they could have offer to install Nero 2015 to see if the problem was solved...
    How about your car? if it fails, do you get refund? or do you get it fix?
    Thanks again guys
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Alain- I don't know what you paid for 2014 but if it is more than $50 US (the current price at Nero.com (last time I looked) or Amazon for 2015 Platinum, then I suggest you take the refund offer and apply it to the purchase of 2015 Platinum.. It would be much more simple. I've already pressed my luck with the people I occasionally approach at Nero.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m glad
    I just received this msg from Nero:
    Dear Mr. Piastra,

thank you for your e-mail.

We are glad to hear that Nero 2015 Platinum is running well on your computer.

Please find below a free complementary serial number for Nero 2015 Platinum:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Enter this new serial number into Nero ControlCenter in order to unlock the software permanently.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards

Nero Customer Service

I'm glad that Nero settle this topic with an elegant commercial gift.
    End of this problem, thanks to everybody who helped me
    I'll keep you posted of the ongoing investigation of the Nero 2014 problem with my system
    Thanks again to all!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi guys!We have been working on this problem for some time now and still no solution. We have uninstall/reinstall all the C++ libraries, DirectX, nothing worked.
    But new events happened: I tried to launch Ligtroom V4 (which was running fine for 2 years) and I got "error 0xC000007b"... which is now the same error I get trying to start Nero 2014 ! Tried to start Lightroom V5.7, same error. Only the LR CC trial works OK. More: I tried to start a software(which ran for years before) to upload pictures to print a pictures-book and I got the same error!!
    I followed instructions given by Adobe & Autodesk to reload dll's, fix C++ librairies, etc... nothing worked. On several forums I saw people using "Dependency Walker" to locate sources of problems, I installed it, but I don't really know how to use it... Does any of you knows how to used it? attached a screen shot as exemple. I'm seriously thinking of going WIN 10 ! Thanks for your help.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• It's telling you that you're missing all those .dll files that it has identified with a yellow preface icon. You might be able to install them from a Windows installation disc.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

next » « previous