Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated and mad.

Nero 2014 Platinum "Nero Video has experienced a serious problem and must close immediately"

Since I reformatted my computer and done a fresh install of Windows 10 I keep getting his error message. It's only when I try to open Nero Video.The other apps in the program seem to work fine. I never had a problem before. I had Windows 10 on in the past and it worked fine. I had work done on my PC and it was put back to Windows 7 and it worked then too. I decided after a while to put Windows 10 back no and now I get this error.
I looked and see there was problems like 2 years ago for this issue. I figured it'd be fixed by now.

I am using WIndows 10 Pro 64 bit edition. My video card is Asus Radeon R7 240.
Processor is an Intel i7.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Are you using the latest Crimson drivers?

Be aware that v14 is not Win 10 compatible. It's best run in a Compatibility mode for Win 8 or earlier, when you're running Win 10.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I'm not sure if I'm running the latest Crimson drivers. I know I had it running on Windows 10 before I reformatted and it worked fine. I did a video clip about a month ago with it. I went to use it this time and now I have problems. Last week I used Nero to burn files to a disc and that part worked perfectly.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I'll trot out the old cache cleanup steps just in case that helps ...

It might be a case of the "cache" folders becoming corrupt. You can delete the Nero Video "Cache" folder contents, and they will be re-initiated when Nero Video starts up again.

Where to do the deleting:

(You need to substitute your Windows user name in place of "YOUR USER NAME")

For Nero 2014 :

(1)
    Delete the folder "Nero Vision" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Nero\Nero 15

(2)
    Delete the folder "SharedMediaData" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Nero

(3)
    Delete the folder "Nero Vision" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 15

Note: The above folders are usually "hidden" folders in Windows, so you might have to use the "View" Tab in Windows File Explorer to show hidden files from C:\users\YOUR USER NAME
    and below.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• The link to the latest Crimson driver is in this article along with the correct procedure to install it-

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-artic...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Well thank you both. I used the link for the Crimson driver and downloaded the utility tool to determine what was best for my video card. I downloaded what it recommended and tried to open Nero Video and it works now.
    Now if I have to do any reformatting in the future I hope to remember this step. :)

I want to create a disc with Nero 14 on it for back up as I've downloaded from online and entered my key in that way.

Thanks again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The download for Nero 14 will always be at nero.com. I keep all the installation files for 8 versions of Nero on my hard drive. I backup them up daily to a secondary hard drive using Backitup 12. You can use Backitup 2014 to backup to another drive or disc but you can always just create a data disc which includes the installation file. v14 isn't ever going to be updated again so it will always be the latest. You should also write down your serial number somewhere off the computer. I have three type written pages of serial numbers for various installed programs, user names and passwords. It has saved my bacon at least twice when I lost hard drives.

I'm glad the new driver resolved your issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yes I have a print out of my original receipt with my product key filed away. I have an external hard drive plugged into my PC as well backing up when my PC sits idle for 5 minutes.
    If I go into my download file, where I downloaded Nero 14 and burn that to a DVD, will that allow me to just use the disc if I need to load it on my PC again?
    That or should I go into my Programs file on my C: drive and burn it from there?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm