Nero 2015 install fails onWindwos 7 ultimate 64bit

I recently purchased NERO 2015 and installed it over NERO 8 and all seemed to be OK apart from an error window that was issued twice each time I logged in to Windows saying an old DLL was missing.

Having got rid of the DLL missing issue, I decided to uninstall and re-install NERO 2015 - but now I cannot install NERO 2015 and I get the dreaded "interrupted" message.

I have cleared out all the redundant NERO related registry entries and there are no NERO related files on the System any longer.

This should be a fresh install but it repeatedly fails.

I am considered to be knowledgeable about PC's but this one has me stumped.

I can see an error in the install log with a code of 1603 but no amount of Google/Bing searching is revealing a solution.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
Steve
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • An update on my problem.

All is well now :-)

I simply could not get anything to work following the various leads from Google/Bing searches so I did some smart research myself and this is what I found:

When the install fails one is left with a Nero related folder called "NeroInstallFiles" in the %temp% folder.

Within this folder there is a sub-directory called something like "NERO20140815153237996" with a sub-folder called "applications".

Within this "applications" folder you will see a set of sub-folders, one for each of the NERO2015 applications.

What I did was to run each of the installer processes to effectively install NERO2015 via the back-door and then run the "NeroFirstAidKit" utility to effectively delete all the NERO2015 registry entries.

I then re-ran the original NERO2015 install process via the "Nero2015-16.0.02900.exe" installer and presto-change-o NERO2015 installed cleanly :-) [ at last! ]

I then ran the "Nero2015_ContentPack-16.0.00300.exe" installer and all went OK too.

.. and finally .. I started NERO2015 and checked for updates and waited for all of them to complete.

NERO2015 is now installed and updated to the latest version.

This took me over 4 hours today to resolve this issue and, like other commentators, I really think that for a product that has been around for many years this kind of install experience is just plain nasty and should be addressed.

I hope others find this item useful.

Cheers
    Steve
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• It still is a problem for many people as you knew a little about computers to get you out of the problem, but what about the ones that don't know even you solution above is OK for the ones the understand it, I for one do now as I have problems in the past and did get refund, now I have got Nero 10 up and running but only because I installed SSD Drive and reinstalled windows 8. What it all narrows dow to why does not Nero themselves see what the problem is and rectify it so we can all use a good product that has not got any Customer Service to help anyone behind it.

I did find you info useful and maybe if I try again with Nero 2015, and get the same problem I will fall back to it.

Thank You for sharing it with others.

Regards to All. Raymond
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thanks Raymond.
    I agree that NERO .. and many other PC products .. should be better supported.

If you try my "fix" then please provide feedback for others to enjoy.

I had a similar experience with ACRONIS TIH recently - install problems and poor diagnostics and key features which sometimes worked all made me get a refund.

We Users need reliable software that does not destroy, or at least re-uses, existing configuration options, provides decent diagnostics and tells us when there is an older version of the software product already installed .. and what action(s) we should take.

I own an IT Software and Consultancy Company and I know what I am doing with PC's .. how some vendors expect Mr and Mrs Joe and Jean Public, who are not PC experts, to handle such installation issues is beyond me.

If NERO staff monitor this forum and have read this item and would like some help with beta testing future NERO versions then please feel free to contact me :-)

Best Regards
    Steve
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm