Nero 2015 Installation interrupted

I just purchased Nero 2015 Platinum and cannot get it installed. I see that 2014 had the same issue. Does not seem to have a real fix that I can tell for 2014. I tried a few options from the forum but still cannot get it to install. Same message. It is something like,
wizard was interrupted before Nero could be completely installed. Nothing has been modified.
I emailed support, but I wanted to see if someone here could help and get me going on this upgrade.
21 people have
this problem
+1
next » « previous
  • Here's what I would like you do-

Set a system restore point.

Even though it may already installed on your system, download and install this-

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downlo...

Run regedit.exe.

Search in the Keys only for kwikmedia.exe and mediahome.exe. Delete the Keys.

Run msconfig.exe

In the Services tab, check the box "hide all Microsoft". Then, check the box "disable all".

In the Startup tab, check the box "disable all".

Reboot.

Try the v10 installation.

Whether it works or not, run msconfig.exe again as soon as possible. Set everything back to the defaults and reboot.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Are you able to get to C:\Windows\Installer? If yes, is the 277C................. folder listed? If it is, what's in it?

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I am having the same problem with Nero 15 Platinum....

I bought the upgrade a few days ago....

I have been around since Nero started and I have used Nero for many years

Also, I owned my own Consulting Corporation from 1981 to 2006..we built custom workflow applications for Fortune 500 companies.......so I am very familiar with the software development process.....

I looked at the requirements above and used the link to get the installation logs tool and it took me to the home page.......

This kind of thing doesn't represent Nero, as a company, very well !!!!

If I am having trouble installing ........I wonder what will happen when I start using the program....

I would expect a reply asap.....people !

Eagle4Z
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• To get the tool, go to nero.com, support. Click on Nero 2015 (or Platinum). Select Support Tools. Download and run the getsupportfiles utility. Attach the resulting nerosupport.cab file to your e-mail to techsupport@nero.com.(don't post it here).

Is this fast enough? It's Sunday night and Nero doesn't work weekends. In additon, they don't read every thread in the forum.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I gave it up as a bad job in the end, got fed-up trying, Could not even install my other registered versions, all I could do is go back to Version 8, Got refunded for Nero 2015 in the end, Will not bother with Nero no more, I am trying to find a decent Alternative. I am trying Cyberlink Power2Go. Seems OK up to now.
    • I am looking into Roxio and Cyberlink also. I am done with Nero and I am sorry to say it. They had a good product but their support sucks. It is the worst I have ever dealt with. I believe they are incompetent. I finally got mine to install with no help from Nero support. I am still waiting (5 plus months) for them to give me a fix to be able to play blu-ray disks. Still have not heard one word from them. You are lucky that you got your money back. Good luck with one of the other products. It sure cannot be worst than Nero. Just a bad experience all around.
    • Sounds like a good idea to me after spending over $100.00 and many days to try to install the service pack section.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Wither1, still trying to help the lost. I would have given up a long time ago. That is why I still believe you work for the company if not a least part owner trying not to loose many customers. You cannot be that loyal if you did not have more at stake. Day after day trying to help with no avail. It is a loosing battle yet you still trying to make these customers stick with something that does not work. That the Nero support group cannot get fixed. Since the six months or so that I have been signed up to this board, I have yet to hear of two or more problems solved. Please, just tell these people to get their money back and get some other product. You are putting these people through hell. Tell them the truth. Don't you believe that they deserve it?
    • view 5 more comments
    • HP called me and I missed the call. When I called back, I got someone who was unfamiliar with the scanner problem until I pointed him to my thread in the HP forum. He decided to uninstall it. He took over my system and did the uninstall. It didn't uninstall everything using the normal uninstall procedure and he found 6 batch files on the installation disc which he ran. Then, he installed from a software update. It took over two hours. Everything is now working with the scanner except it no longer uses the HP Solution Center which is installed by my printer and I have to learn a new interface after 5 years of using the old one. Not bad service for a device that is not in warranty.

He passed me on to one of the printer experts and the guy kept picking on the age (8 years) and finally said it's the printer head. Then he repeatedly tried to sell me one of the newest ones at a deep discount. I wasn't ready for that. After I got off the phone, I decided to keep my old printer. The only time it has a problem is when there is more than about 5% red on a page and I hardly print anything anymore. I'll take it apart and try to fix it myself before I buy a new one.
    • Wither1, WOW, trying a new tactic. What does a printer have to do with the good people trying to get someone to address their Nero issues. Did you finally give up and accept that Nero will never solve these or any issues related to their product? By the way, for this you or who ever started this printer issue should have started a new topic. It is going to confuse people trying to get answers for their Nero issues.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I’m frustrated
    I am having the same problem, I just paid over $100.00 to put this in my windows 8 Computer. I have used it for years prior to windows 8. I can not install the Content Pack. Have tried approximately 25 times today, between downloading it over and over again as it tells me it was corrupted, etc. But to no avail, I am highly disappointed after using it so long, since Nero 6....
    • Hi Becca,
      If you are using the download link for the content pack from the email that came with your purchase of the software ... perhaps try a fresh copy from the other Nero location.

The content pack installer can be found at this location:

http://www.nero.com/enu/products/nero...

Where you type in your email address to get the download button to work.

If you get a fresh copy from there, then right-click on the content pack installer file when it has finished downloading ... select "Run as Administrator".

It sometimes gives a better result that way.

The file is quite large (766.35 MB) so it could take a while to download.

If you have already tried that option, please forgive me for saying someting you have already done.

p.s.

The content pack is giving you problems ... but did the Nero Software itself install all OK?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m More frustrated
    Not sure on the Nero Software itself as it did give me problems. I had to go back online and download all of my other packs as they were in the gray. Should I delete and start all over again or will I lose my purchased product?
    • view 1 more comment
    • Nero 2015 Platinum. I also sent to Nero what they requested for a file. If I open the Program, Content, is in Gray. It wants me to download. Yes, several times I have opened from the Nero Site, Content Pack. Yes my Serial Number is right, I have 39 numbers which includes in the count hyphens. The Zero's on the email had the line through them. I have checked several times. Running installer as Admin made no difference. I do believe that the file is corrupted to begin with. I have uninstalled it several times. I even tried downloading a trial version. Nothing is working. I have been trying everything since I purchased the download.
    • Thank you for your order.

Below you will find your cleverbridge reference number. To ensure the most prompt and efficient service, please always refer to your reference number when contacting us.

Your products

Qty.

Product name

Delivery

Nero 2015 Platinum - Serial

download
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have done all of your advice. I feel as I will have to download the product again as the Installation of Nero itself was not correct to begin with.
    • view 4 more comments
    • Yes Salvatore, they cost me more money as Cleverbridge told me I had malware preventing it. They roped me into paying more money. Brand new comp got messed up incredibly rare story, but maybe not. 6 days later, my comp almost back 100 percent. I did not receive an email from Nero....You use to be my favorite software. All in all it cost me last week, over $400.00 and never got to complete my project....REALITY...
    • Becca, I have said it before, give up on Nero. I am done with them. I am actually SHOCKED that there are employees replying now. This is the first time I have seen them since I had the issues. For over 4 plus months and never heard from anybody let alone any posts from any support personnel. I do see that they still want you to do their job. You give them what they ask for but then they ask for more. Not to mention that they do not solve anything or get back to you. The other thing that i really hate is the response (hardware related). Imagine if Microsoft had this issue and could not get it fixed. We would not be talking about Microsoft, it would be Linux or Apple. And if that happened Nero would not even be around since I do not believe they have the software for any other operating system. Right now Nero is a joke. I am hearing more and more how the software sucks and how bad is their support. They should be ashamed of their selves. I will take my losses and move on to a better product. And that won't be hard to find. Just about any product is better than Nero right now. I still do not have the capability to play blu-ray disks. I had to download a free app that works great. Yes Free. Again sorry for your issues Becca. Good Luck
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• In general nero support doesnt answer in this forum, as in the official site.
    I'm waiting answer since december 2013 ...
    Also I now use another product (mafix).
    Good luck.
    • view 5 more comments
    • Good morning Raymond- good to see you. GeraldG replied to Becca this morning and requested additional information. If Becca gets the problem resolved, maybe she'll share the resolution.
    • Let's hope so, I may then be tempted to go back to Nero as I sure do miss it, The only difference this time I will try the Trial version first if there is one just to make sure it works this time as I don't want to go through all that again, i suppose I did give in quickly but did not seem to be getting anywhere, We shall see. fingers X.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I think NERO has become so complicated that they can't keep track of all the files that get put on one's hd, especially if there is more than one version in one's history.
    I found that a very good install is possible IF you first do a good clean up of all things nero. Using a Tree utility, I worked through all the branches, with all folders visible of course, and removed everything that the utility found for "nero".
    Then I used a good registry cleaner to get rid of all the broken links - in effect wiping out all trace of nero whether or no that name was attached. Then I installed without a hitch.
    When a downloaded install asks for a disk to be inserted, you know it is the fault of the install, and when the install can not find where it put a file - really! - it puts them in the

...users/user name/appdata/local... etc.

path where you can find them even if nero can not. That folder appdata is one of those that get hidden so be sure to unhide all folders. Of course, you now have only the one version and to be sure (that is the Irish "to be sure", not the one for "to be certain"), you should do a backup before and after.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have 6 versions of Nero installed on a single drive on my other system and installed each one in sequence without having to uninstall anything or run a registry cleaner. I have 5 versions of Nero installed on this system and made the same type of installation. Installation problems are system specific and the best thing to do is let technical support try to find a solution. In some cases, they're not successful and have to give a customer their money back.

I'm not saying that what you mention isn't sometimes effective, as is a Windows reinstall, I just saying it's normally not necessary.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• We received a new computer Dec./79 and started fresh so yrs '98 - '07 are still on it but it has not been on for > 5 yrs., so my nero history on this computer begins in 2008: but Nero 8 was also on this computer and the following is Nero 9 upgrade.

LOGIN and download link for the Online Shop:
    https://webshop.nero.com/cgi-bin/page...

YOUR ACCOUNT DATA
    E-Mail: gregrei@msn.com
    PASSWORD: ua2wvb6whj
    Please read Download instructions below prior to installing.

YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION

Order Number: 202301887
    Order Date: 10/29/2008

Like you I have never (until now) uninstalled Nero. But desperate situations require desperate measures and after > 30 hrs (I'm stubborn and hate not being able to resolve a problem) of trying many alternatives the Tree/registry cleaner method at least solved the problem - BTW, I cannot claim that I ever used any of the older versions after the new one was installed.

Also, I still fail to understand how it can be a user's system that causes conditions such as:

When a downloaded install asks for a disk to be inserted!

When the install can not find where it put its msi files!
    - really! - it puts them in the ...users/user name/appdata/local... etc. path where one can find them even if nero can not. One can even double click on the found msi file and have it installed ok.

Where the failed location is some absurd location and not the appdata path.
    I suspect some relative addressing method is not functioning/specified properly.

As stated, I tried the Nero 15 PTM MediaHome download from the Launcher and the standalone MediaHome Free download. In fact, after several tries of both, I finally installed the Content Pack which installed without a whimper and then tried the Mediahome downloads again with failures still.

It is peculiar that this whole tale of woe began when Nero 15 PTM failed to install due to MediaHome. That others have it installed baffles me, so many people seem to have trouble with it.

What can be so different on my computer from before the attempted installs and the cleaning out of Nero, other than something Nero has done??

Wither 1, you have an admirable track record of helping, you respond quickly and are ever considerate, but given the above I believe it is their problem and if they don't get it fixed, they will continue to lose customers - the kind of users who will never come back as per other users' comments. For myself, I'll just find something else other than MediaHome and live with the rest of Nero - actually, I use ImgBurn more that Nero anyway but have felt an attachment to Nero, it was there when I needed it; it's just that there is the Law of Diminishing Returns - I think at this point I have used up more hrs. than Nero will ever repay and I have, from experience, an aversion to support services.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi RB,
    sorry to hear that you have encountered problems when installing Nero 2015.
    Seems like you have tried many things already, actually, the next step should be an analysis of the log files from the support team.
    Please create the NeroSupport.cab log archive as described on top of this post and send it to nero-forum@nero.com. Please also provide a short description about your last steps with the Nero installation, thanks.
    • view 3 more comments
    • Hi Becca,

I checked our databases and can confirm that we haven't received any log files from you.
      That's our e-mail from March 26th:

To enable us to analyze the problem, we need a screenshot displaying the issue you encounter. You will find detailed instructions on how to create a screenshot on our website:
      http://www.nero.com/eng/show-faq.html...

Click also the following link to download the "GetSupportFiles.zip" file to your hard drive:
      http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id...

Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking the EXE-file.
      -> The "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" window opens.
      The tool may take several minutes.
      You can track the single steps in the displayed window.

After the tool has successfully run you will find a file named "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop.

Please send us this file as an e-mail attachment to either techsupport@nero.com or nero-forum@nero.com.
    • This is a copy of RB's original post.
      We had to remove the serial number , the rest of the post remained unchanged:

Well, for all the diss'ing, here is their reply, very prompt eh (that is the Canadian eh)?
      What is not said is that the error they show is what I selected from the log file and sent to them as well as the full log file. Notice that the reply says nothing about the error being in the registry, in which case, since everyone knows users don't mess with the registry, it is their error - and just look at what I am now to do. I would have more confidence if they had acknowledged it was their problem and thanked me for pointing it out AND told me that they had found out how it happened and had fixed it to never happen again. Also note the utility to be used, which suggests that this is not new territory for them and which further suggests that they have not been able to fix the problem. For those having trouble like this, maybe this is your answer too - but the downloads may be specific to me so using your saved download might work after the cleaning - note I am to use my key so you would have to use yours as originally done.

But give them credit, it is a fast and detailed response. I will report the results - ugh, the time it will take after so much lost already!! And if it doesn't work imagine the invective!!

Dear valued customer,

thank you for your e-mail.

The provided MSI log displayed a problem with an older registry entry. Here a copy of the error message:

CA_SetChainedProductCodes: CustomActions.cpp : 298 : Error: Multiple product codes installed with the same upgrade code {40B99420-BBD5-4897-BB63-20760359DBA6}
      CA_SetChainedProductCodes: CustomActions.cpp : 334 : Error: Failed with error code - 1603 / 0x643

The Support.cab also displayed that the installation of Nero 2015 failed:

3/30/2015 4:03:58 PM 4 0 11729 MsiInstaller DELL-530\R DELL-530 Product: Nero 2015 -- Configuration failed.
      3/30/2015 4:03:58 PM 4 0 1035 MsiInstaller DELL-530\R DELL-530 Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Nero 2015. Product Version: 16.0.02900. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Nero AG. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1603.

In this case please try to uninstall the Nero products from the Windows ControlPanel and restart afterwards the computer, even if the process fails. Download the Nero FirstAidKit from

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/tools/NeroFirstAidKit.zip

to your harddrive.

Unzip the ZIP-file with WinZip or WinRAR and save the content to your hard drive.
      Double-click on the unzipped EXE-file to start the Nero FirstAidKit.
      -> The window "Nero FirstAidKit (for test only)" will open.

Confirm the message to remove the Nero entries with YES.
      -> A status window will open.
      The execution of the tool may take several minutes.

Please wait until the progress has been completed.
      -> The message "Finished cleaning up" is displayed.

Close the window by clicking the "finish" button.
      -> Nero FirstAidKit has removed all Nero entries from your registry.

You can download directly the installer from one of our mirror servers:

Nero 2015 Platinum:
      Please download Nero 2015 Platinum and the Nero Content Pack afterwards.
      http://www.nero-mirror.com/support/Ne...
      http://www.nero-mirror.com/support/Ne...

Please unlock the software during the installation with your personal serial number.

xxxx-xxxx

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m Totally money drawn and frustrated!
    Nero 2015 messed up my new computer...I had to pay to have IT through Cleverbridge, whom connected me with ITOK...Guess what...More money, 6 day's later...my comp is almost back to norm..
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was removed on 2015-04-02.
    see the change log
  • Note: that serial number is registered to me and will not work for anyone thinking they are getting a free pass.
    Dumb to leave it in tho'.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m sarcastic
    Yes indeed! I followed instructions:
    uninstall all Nero 15, reboot, download Nero 15 and content Pack, use first aid kit, which found nothing.
    And this is what I get:

Nero requires that your computer is running Windows XP with at least SP3, Window Vista with at least SP1, or Windows 7.

The installation of System Requirement Validator has failed. Setup will now exit.

So, I brought up Windows Task Manager then clicked on help/about:

Windows 7Home Premium
    Version 6.1 (build 7601 : Service Pack 1 )

Hence, either Nero is lost, or SP 1 is too much for it to accept.
    I’ve been here before!! After not getting past this is when I resorted to Tree/registy clean, which BTW still did not install NMH. Next time, if ever, I shall also look for Kwik... which is MediaHome renamed internally (it's in the log file )- to the confusion of much and, I think, why all the install failurers of MediaHome because of multiple product codes.

But how is it that Nero 15 is looking for Win 7 or earlier, isn’t it supposed to be Win 8 compatible?

NERO – SIMPLY ENJOYTM
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• So, again I cleaned the registry then ran First Aid Kit - it reported nothing.
    Tried install - see above.
    You have heard of circular logic?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

NERO – SIMPLY ENJOYTM
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• In regards to Nero MediaHome, run regedit.exe. Search for both kwikmedia.exe and mediahome.exe in "Keys" only. Delete all instances. Then try the installation.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well, yes, as i said:
    Next time, if ever, I shall also look for Kwik... which is MediaHome renamed internally (it's in the log file )
    Also this time I also went thru my hd looking for "Nero" and "Kwik" (Kwik is on the hd too)- I saw there again, date stamped (1 Apr, ?) folders for Nero 10, 11, 12, and I sure did not put them there, and they were not empty.

Strange things are done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.
    The arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.
    The northern lights have seen queer sights but the queerest they ever did see
    was the night on the marge of Lac Labarge, I cremated Sam Magee.
    Robert Service (Bard of the Yukon - The Cremation of Sam Magee)

It has been a hard winter here and I may have a touch of cabin fever BUT nothing like the burn of dealing with Nero ( but it was Nero who burned Rome, right - is there a connection?).

Now in fairness, It has occurred to me that my app for uninstalling - like Nero uninstall - did not remove some file(s) that left a signature/serial # which is forestalling my efforts. Back a bit NMH come out free as a stand alone and I tried it and never removed it. By cleaning the hd and registry days ago, I was able to get a clean install of ContentPack but Nero15 tho seemingly successful did not install NMH, hence my consternation, on going over the log file, when seeing the hidden change of name of NMH to Kwik....
    and, my dread of staring at insanity - you know, as defined above, cleaning is so repetitious a task.
    But then Nero's clean utility, and firstaidkit didnt help any either, and that install process is one bear of process/problem as seen by the log.
    It's late, I've done the cleaning and after some sleep I shall try installing again. At least I have a better appreciation of why it is that Nero may lose track of a file or 2 and chase it's own tail, especially considering the number of products and all those versions, not to mention all the builds in between. I doubt that there is a single person who fully knows Nero.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi RB,
    could you create the NeroSupport.cab log archive once again and send to nero-forum@nero.com ? Thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi RB,
    we have received your latest details by e-mail, thanks for that.

This is the scenario:

Here is the suggested solution:

The behaviour you reported occurs, when the installation process has been started with Windows Vista compatibility mode and therefore the requirement validator failed.
    It will be necessary to change the settings to solve the conflict. Try first to right click the installation package and select the following entries:

Properties – Compatibility

Now deactivate the compatibility mode.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Now if I were someone Like Robert Service, then I could make something of this tragedy!
    I cleaned all nero/kwik so have nothing left - except Nero protected NeroInstallfiles folder so I could not delete the latest of the subfolders. However, I did have a look at NeroOSValidator.log - interesting eh? I will give just the pertinent lines:
    Nero20150330 18:09:06 NeroOSValidator 12.0.1.0 starting

20150330 18:09:06 Detected Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit

20150330 18:09:06 Installation possible: 1
    20150330 18:09:06 Exit code: 0
    20150401 17:24:56 NeroOSValidator 12.0.1.0 starting

20150401 17:24:56 Detected Windows Version: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (build 6000), 32-bit
    20150401 17:24:56 Using configuration file OSList.txt

20150401 17:24:56 Installation possible: 0
    20150401 17:25:12 Nero requires that your computer is running Windows XP with at least SP3, Windows Vista with at least SP1 or Windows 7
    20150401 17:25:12 Exit code: 1

It runs 3 times detecting Vista HP and finishes with the grand flourish:

0150401 23:51:16 Installation possible: 0
    20150401 23:51:22 Nero requires that your computer is running Windows XP with at least SP3, Windows Vista with at least SP1 or Windows 7
    20150401 23:51:22 Exit code: 1

SO!! That's where than fascinating and obstructing message comes from, EH?

Here is OSList.txt, it is small.

#White/Black list (+/-): Arch Major.Minor.SP.Build

#x32 systems
    #XP SP3+
    Arch=32 OS=5.1 SP>=3

#Vista SP1+
    Arch=32 OS=6.0 SP>=1

#Win7 SP RTM and higher
    Arch=32 OS>=6.1.0.7600

#Vista SP1+
    Arch=64 OS=6.0 SP>=1

#Win7 RTM and higher
    Arch=64 OS>=6.1.0.7600

#Disable Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 (ProductType!=VER_NT_WORKSTATION)
    - OS=6.0 ProductType!=1
    - OS=6.1 ProductType!=1

So, I ask you, why Nero detects Win 7 then goes on to detect Vista and fails the validation?

NOW, the result of not being able to remove that protected folder:

Nero begins, as you know, by extracting, except in this case it gets to 50% and fails because it says it can not open file: shucks, deleted when I logged in as a different administrator and deleted the folder NeroInstallfiles which has a final subfolder with setup.exe, the .ini, and the msi files - and that validation file that could not be opened. I suppose by "opened" it is meant "write" and Nero does not want to write over an existing file, I don't know why when it should be obvious that it is obsolete.

Speaking of obsolete, why is that other products are built to advise that previous version(s) must be first removed, or at least advise that they will be written over or simply deleted and replaced? But Nero just stumbles on.

Having now removed the last vestiges of Nero/kwik (I'm forever optimistic), I shall again try installing, but I dread that invalid OS message - I'll let you know, of course!
    And I have checked and the compatibility mode is not check/on. Besides, the only time I used it was when trying to install NMH.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Now that went well, surprisingly well, NMH is installed too!!

There definitely seems (is that a contradiction?) a link between having that folder NeroInstallfiles clean and that dreaded error message about the OS. But I don['t understand why the validator fails even after detecting a valid OS in the one circumstance and passes even when there is no change in the OS. And I still don't know why NMH installed i.e. why it failed every other install, unless it was that dreaded message file business.

Well, my experience so far says that ContentPack will breeze through it's install.

One thing is for sure, I shall be very leary of ever again buying/upgrading Nero even if I have managed this time, at my age I'll forget what I did and have to sweat it out again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• BTW, I didn't mention that I installed as the administrator.

My advice, none! What I have written speaks for me and my trials.

Yup! ContentPack seems ok, now at the reboot stage!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• One more thing, after reporting ContentPack finished ok, each time I clean off anything of Nero from a failed run, I also cleaned the registry - there is not a clean removal of Nero, it does not remove all evidence of itself, and of course no uninstall utility will ever find it because there is no starting point.

I had a look at the latest NeroOSValidator,log: curiously, it was all the same except as the last iteration, after 3 times finding Vista, it ran once more and again found Windows 7 and so finished with Installation Possible : 1 (meaning yes). So, why did it stop with the 3 Vista findings and fail.at other tries? I could see nothing in the log to give me a hint.

Adieu! and thanks to Wither 1, GeraldG, and Gregory F.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m Happy
    I may just be tempted to install Neo 2015 at a later date as I am very curious to see if that will work. I will Install the demo first and go from there if OK I will register it, I do like Nero always have done but now I know it was my system and not Nero I may try again in the near future but happy with Nero 10 at present.

Anyway I hope you all get sorted with the Problem at hand. Best thing I ever did was to install SSD drive and reinstall Windows 8. Regards to all. Raymond
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi all,

I too had similar problems but fixed it myself.

Check out my entry entitled "Nero 2015 install fails onWindwos 7 ultimate 64bit"

.. and apologies for the spewling mistokes :-)

Cheers
    Steve
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Nothing is working :( .So,I've installed nero 8.That's it for now!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m anxious
    so far the credit card has allowed me the credit for the clawback from Nero ,so after these months I guess I have a refund for a non installation of 2015 , it is only in the last week that satisfaction (or non satisfaction posts) have started to appear again . IMHO others that cant get it to install try a clawback via your credit card and look to some reputable company for your desired software
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi greg-

I don't see where you ever posted about a problem or indicated you have interacted with tech support.

As a result, I don't understand your post.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• it's a shame that Nero is mailing me to upgrade to 2016.

2015 is still not working and actually I want a refund. Although I applied the Nero fix tool, it still won't install. You simply can't blame Microsoft for this. All previous edition always installed correctly. so what happened??

And last but not least, after updating my Nero 2014, Recode which I use the most by far, was crashing all the time..

Do I have to say goodbye to a famous product which I'm using for many many years..?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Since you've already gone to tech support and their fix didn't work, you should go back to them. If they can't resolve your problem, then they'll give you a refund.

In regards to Recode crashing, if you're using a AMD graphics card, there is a temporary fix for it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I've found a simple solution to this...uninstall all previous Nero applications first and it works. The above failure happened to me with both the 2015 and 2016 installers. At some point Windows Explorer would shut down and that error would eventually appear.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

next » « previous