Nero 2015 Installation interrupted

I just purchased Nero 2015 Platinum and cannot get it installed. I see that 2014 had the same issue. Does not seem to have a real fix that I can tell for 2014. I tried a few options from the forum but still cannot get it to install. Same message. It is something like,
wizard was interrupted before Nero could be completely installed. Nothing has been modified.
I emailed support, but I wanted to see if someone here could help and get me going on this upgrade.
21 people have
this problem
+1
next » « previous
  • This problem is system dependent.

You can try right clicking on the installation file and selecting Run as Administrator.

You could also try temporarily disabling your anti-virus and it's security features. However, I just installed it on my Vista system with Norton 360 active.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m sad
    I already did what you suggested. I still could not install. I cannot believe that this problem also happened in the 2014 version for what i read here in the forums. So I am very disappointed that it is happening to me with the 2015 version. I have the 2014 version and when I installed it I had not problems and the software has been running fine. Now I get this problem with the 2015 version. I really like this software. I have been using it for years and never had any problem that I can remember. I switched over from Roxio. Too many problems at that time. Don't know how it is right now since I have not used it for many years. If this does not get fix a.s.a.p. I will demand my money back and try Roxio. I would hate to do this but they have had this problem with the 2014 version and it carried over to the 2015 version. That does not say much about Nero. I am just very disappointed. By the way, I sent them two files that they wanted. Lets see how long it takes to get this fixed. Thanks for your post. If I get this fixed, I will post the fix so that other can find it here. If you have any other ideas, please post them. I will give them a try. Thanks again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hello Salvatore,

We are sorry for the problems that you are experiencing with your Nero 2015 Version. We will try to help you find a fast solution.
    You wrote that you have already contacted TechSupport, correct? Can you please tell me your case ID number? You will find it in the Subject from the e-Mail that TechSupport sent you. I couldn ́t find any e-Mail sent from the same e-Mail address you use to login the Forum. Probably you used a different one.

Thanks and best regards,
    NeroUser
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Don't know if this would help but when I am running the update, within the first few seconds I get a message about something needs to be installed first for the update to continue. The first time I had two things and every time I try it now it is h=just the one thing. Now everything runs for about 2 minutes then the screen goes blue with no icons on the desktop. The installation continues for another 2 minutes or so before it stops with the message that I am getting. I click on the button and the box closes. Then it execute my browser and it goes to the Nero website for me to purchase the Nero software. After all this the screen stays blue with no icons. I then need to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and then select sign-off or reboot. When I do I can see some application getting terminated but it goes to fast to see what it is. Just trying to give whatever info i can. Hope this helps.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Having same exact problem as Salvadore Cennimo. (above) Tried to install Nero Platinum 2015 trial. Also tried to install on my 2nd Win 8.1 machine... same result,
    blue screens, no icons, and with message that installation failed. I then need to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and then select sign-off or reboot. Two computers: Dell XPS laptop and Dell XPS 8700 desktop.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• For 2015, the first installation is the C++ 2012 redistributable and the second is the reboot validator. Which one is it choking on?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The C++ does not come up again since it looks like that installed successfully. The reboot validator come up every time I retry the install. But it does not bomb out immediately. It takes a long while before I get the message. So it is going through a large install process before it bombs.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    I am having the same issue attempting to install NERO 2015 Platinum on a Dell Computer running Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate with all service packs and updates installed.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• My system is one I built that has a Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 Motherboard. It has 16gig of memory, C: Drive 1 terabyte and D: Drive 2 terabytes, 1 DVD-RW and 1 Blu-Ray Record-able drive. Running Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center. I also am using a 3 monitor setup so I had to add a USB video adapter. The other two are using my HDMI ports. System has been running fine. No problems. I am currently using Nero 2014 so I am trying to upgrade to 2015. If you need any more info, let me know. Thanks
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Bragger. :)

When the reboot validator initially comes up, try rebooting.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I see the install for the reboot validator but did not see any reference to it rebooting the computer during the installation.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Same problems as above but I'm only trying to install the trial. If you can't even install the trial this says a lot about initial testing at Nero. Not funny but a joke all the same.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Right now I am just very disappointed. I really like the Nero package. Have been using it for years. I was looking forward to the new version and now I am waiting for a fix and not being able to use it sucks. I just hope they have a fix soon. For this we should be getting some sort of discount or at least for me, I bought the upgrade version, they should send me a copy of a full version so that I do not need a prior version key. I would say this is the least they could do.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I wanted both of you to reboot when the dialogue comes up to install the reboot validator.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I rebooted when the message came up. Now what. you did not mention what to do after that. I tried the install again and it bombed again. Now I have to reboot it again since the system won't come back after I click ok. Just takes me to the Nero website to purchase the full version of the software for $107. Is this a ploy because I purchased the upgrade? I have not asked this question before but, since I am trying an upgrade, has anybody tried the full install with no version of Nero being on your system? I am considering uninstalling 2014 to try a fresh new install.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Something else that I tried was to go into my Task Manager and I noticed three Nero apps that were still running. Two update apps and one backup app. I deleted them and ran the update again. It still bombed out with the same error.
    InstallShield Wizard Failed
    The wizard was interrupted before Nero 2015 could be completely installed.
    Your system has no been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.
    Click Finish to exit the wizard.
    The one thing that changed was that the screen did not stay blank. It actually went back to my desktop and the browser did not start and got to their website to purchase the software. I guess deleting these apps from the Task Manger made this change happened. I just wish the installation would have completed.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I uninstalled that update. It was there even though I am running Windows 8 Pro. Did not work for me. Got the message and this time I have to reboot to get my system back up. Wish it had worked.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Let's see what tech support comes up with. This problem is not uncommon but I think there is no generic fix.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I finally got it to install. What I did was log-on to the local administrator account. Ran the install and it went through without any problems. I then installed the Content Pack, it asked for a reboot and then installed. I logged back on to my primary account and executed the application. Seems to be working fine. i will do some testing tomorrow, but right now I am pretty happy that at least I got it to install. One other thing that I forgot to mention is that I have my own Domain so I do not know if being logged on to a Domain Controller could be causing this problem. I just think it should be mentioned in case Nero support is reading this or if someone else with this problem is also logged on to a Domain Controller..
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Salvatore-

You should let tech support know that the problem is resolved so they don't waste time trying to resolve it.

I wonder what the difference is between "run as administrator", which I suggested in my first post and "logging on as the administrator"?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I will reply back to them. Regarding "run as Administrator", yeah you would think that would work. Again, could it be because I was logged onto my Domain and had certain permissions from my server? I don't know if that could be the case. I also do not have the time to look in to it. I have seen a few system folders that I cannot get into even though my account is set as an administrator. Many security changes probably with the operating system. Microsoft for the past few years has been trying to button things down. Anyway, I am happy that I got it to install and will be trying it today. I appreciate all the postings here. It does help the troubleshooting process. Thanks again everyone.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't know about the Domain.

On the other hand, someone else who is using Virtu experienced an installation problem and said that they had to create an exception in Virtu for the installation file. I would have never thought Virtu would cause that problem.

Most of the system files that one can't get into are things like Application Data or Cookies since they are merely pointers to a similar file. There's a technical word for them but can't remember what it is.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi All,

@Savatore: Thanks for the feedback. As far as I could check your log files have already been forwarded to our Software Developers.

To all the rest that receive this error message:

"The wizard was interrupted before Nero 2015 could be completely installed.
    Your system has no been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. "

please note that this is a pretty general message. We need to analyze the installation log files to be able to offer you a solution.
    Please contact TechSupport and send us the following information:

1. To get the installation log files, it will be necessary to manually collect them after the installation process. Start the Nero installation again.
    The installation process will be logged and saved into a MSI log file.After the installation of Nero failed, open your Windows Explorer and enter in
    the address field %temp%. In the temp directory should be a MSIx.log (x for installationnumber) file. Please send us this log file that we can analyze the failed installation process.

2. The NeroSupport.cab log archive.
    Click the following link to download the "GetSupportFiles.zip" file to your hard drive:

http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id...

Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking the EXE-file.
    -> The "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" window opens.
    The tool may take several minutes.
    You can track the single steps in the displayed window.
    After the tool has successfully run you will find a file named "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop.
    Please send us this file as an e-mail attachment.

3. Please contact us under techsupport@nero.com. Please enter Nero Forum as the e-Mail subject and copy a link to this Forum entry so we can relate your case to this Topic.

Thanks and best regards,

Best regards,
    NeroUser
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• So what is the local admin account? How do you access it?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• It is not recommended to use this account for security reasons. This account has special permissions that no other account has. This account most likely is disabled. Right click on your Computer Icon on your desktop and select Manage. Now select Local Users and Groups. Expand and then select Users. Right Click on Administrator and select Properties. Un-check account is disabled. Click OK. Right click Administrator again and select Set Password to something that you will not forget. Reboot the system and now the Administrator account should show up on your log-on screen next to your other accounts. Good luck
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m extremenly frustrated
    I tried the Administrator account that still get the message that the installation was interrupted. I am at the point where NERO can either FIX the installation issue or refund me the purchase price. I have been trying since 09/18/2014 to fix this issue and so far none of the suggestions from NERO have worked. I have been successful at installing other software on this computer so this is directly pointing at a NERO issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If tech support can't fix the problem then they will give you a refund, based on my experience.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Robert, sorry that logging in as the local Administrator did not work for you. Hope support can figure it out. By the way Wither, did they ever figure out the 2014 version . Seems that you should know since it looks like you have been on this forum for many years helping users. Just wondering if you know. i could not find anything in the forum about any fix regarding this issue. I also think that if they did fix 2014 that this should not be showing up in the 2015 version. To me it sounds like they have dropped the ball on this one or they just cannot figure it out. If this is the case they should not have released the 2015 version until it was fixed. I guess since the percentage is small that are having this problem, they don't care that it is affecting a small amount of users.
    • view 2 more comments
    • What can I say. I have v8 through v15 installed on one computer and v10-v15 installed on this one. I agree that you shouldn't pay for tech support. For problems such as these, they would only ask you to send an e-mail since they require a lot of information. You can ask for a refund at any time.
    • I myself cannot remember ever having any installation problems with Nero until this 2015 version. I have been using Nero since version 5. So I cannot really know how good their support is. I had never had to contact them before. I did contact them regarding this issue and never heard from them. Once I got mine to install I did email them letting them know that i got it to install. But I also told them that others are having the same issue. I would have thought that at least they would have email me back. So far nothing.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I haven't tried the elevated Administrator option. But I have successfully installed an update for iTunes and one for Diskkeepr. Windows also successfully installed a system update yesterday using the normal Admin account.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• No way to install Nero 2015. In the middle of installation it just says Error: Data error and stops. I'm done with all these issues Nero experiences during the last few years. Get lost Nero.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Where did you get the installation file? Someone was trying to install WaveEditor yesterday from CNET and got the same error. So did I. I suggested that this person send an e-mail to tech support but I haven't heard if he/she got a response.

I suggest that you go to nero.com, downloads and click on the Nero 2015 Classic trial version. For some reason, they didn't show a visible box to enter your e-mail address but I think you can find it to enter your e-mail. Click on Download. The file version should be 16.0.2800. When you enter your purchased serial number, the trial will become the Classic or Platinum version, corresponding with whatever your purchased.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    Installation Problems Continue with NO response from NERO --- I have tried both the trial version and the purchase version and they both fail with message that the Installation Wizard has failed before NERO 2015 could be completely installed.

Like others the install proceeds along and then the icons and quick launch bar disappear. A few minutes after that the Installation Failure Message appears.

The offending program appears to be the re-boot application that NERO is using since I suspect that is what the installation is attempting to do when the failure message appears.

I received my download E-Mail on 09/18/2014 and have been trying to install it since then.

I will be calling on Monday to demand a FULL REFUND of this DEFECTIVE software.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Possible Solution to installation issue:

Here is what worked for me on a Microsoft Windows Ultimate 7 64-bit installation.

1. Go to MSCONFIG
    2. View the Startup tab
    3. Use a screen capture utility or write down all items that are checked.
    4. Select the Disable All button
    5. Click OK
    6. Do no select the automatic re-boot option. Select the manual option.
    7. Un-plug Ethernet cable or disable wireless connection.
    8. Stop all Antivirus Software
    9. Stop all Firewall Software
    10. Reboot computer
    11. Install NERO 2015 Platinum (Filename: NERO2015-16.0.02900.exe)
    12. Installation completes this time (Computer did NOT require re-boot.)
    13. Turn ON Antivirus Software
    14. Turn on Firewall Software
    15. RUN MSCONFIG
    16. Re-enable all items verified in #3
    17. Reboot computer
    18. Verify NERO 2015

I have NERO 2014 and 2015 Platinum installed on the same computer.

I then ran Nero ControlCenter and then had it produce a list of updates. The ControlCenter applied three updates (NERO Prequisites).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have the same problem you have with my installation, Robert. Just out of curiosity, what anti-virus do you use? I use Webroot Complete.

I have a support ticket in with Nero support. I also sent one to Webroot to see what they say. They normally don't recommend that you disable the aniivirus. They normal white list programs that are OK. They also have a tab where you can allow a file to run. I might try that. Or maybe what you tried...eventually.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well, I checked with Webroot and they told me to stop the webroot program which includes a firewall and the I try running the install again using Run as Adminstrator. But that did not work. I got the same results as before. Installation interrupted.

I'm still waiting to hear from tech support, but I'm about ready to give up on this release. I never had a problem installing any other version of the program.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I was just checking the event viewer and I noticed something that might be related to the problem. There were a bunch of entries all occurring while the install was running. As the apps were being installed, I saw that the screen would flash, as if the system was restarted (without actually shutting down). I saw there was a restartManager event. And then the RestartManager had a warning

Application or service 'Windows Explorer' could not be shut down.

Then there was a Information Event for the RestartManager that said

Machine Restart Required

Then there was an Error for the RestartManager that said

Application or service 'Windows Explorer' could not be shut down.

Then there was an Infromation event that said

Product: Nero Burning Core. The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nero\NeroShellExt\x64\SolutionExplorer.dll is being used by the following process: Name: explorer , Id 3424.

Then there was an Information Event

Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\NeroInstallFiles\NERO20140901143555075\nero.nero2015esd.msi. Client Process Id: 9032.

Then an Error Event

Failed to end a Windows Installer transaction . Error 5 occurred while ending the transaction.

And then 3 more information events

Product: Nero 2015 -- Installation operation failed.
    Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Nero 2015. Product Version: 16.0.02900. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Nero AG. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Nero 2015. Product Version: 16.0.02900. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Nero AG. Installation success or error status: 1603.

And an information event for the Windows desktop Manager

The Desktop Window Manager has exited with code (0x40010004)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I am using firefox as my default browser. Not sure if that matters, but I guess it says Windows Explorer and not Internet explorer.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I am using Norton 360 Premier (Version 21.6.0.32) on my home computers. Anytime I disable my Antivirus and Firewall I unplug from the network and totally isolate the computer.

So far NERO 2015 Platinum sees to be working correctly.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I see that the trial version of the program is a little larger than the link they gave me.

Nero2015-16.0.02900
    Size 254,595

Nero2015-16.0.02800_trial
    Size 266,747

Do you know which one you ended up using and do your file sizes match mine?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m very frustrated
    I'm having the same problem. Installation interrupted.

Still running XP on this machine. Tried the MSCONFIG thing above and disabled antivirus and firewall. No luck.

Waiting on Tech Support. Filled in the tech support form on the web site but it would not take. Kept asking for the Word Verification even though I filled it in. Tried to call tech support with Credit Card# and sat on hold for 25 min then just got cut off.

They are making this very difficult.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com. Please let us know what they have to say. Note that they don't work weekends so you might not get a response until maybe next Wednsday.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I used the Nero2015-16.0.02900 file to do the install.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Dear Sir

I have been trying to install a trial version of Nero 2015 but keep getting this error message.

I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3 x 32bit so the program should be compatible.

I have not been able to enclose the 'NeroSupport.cab log archive' as the link on your response just takes me to Nero home page.

Hope to hear from you soon

http://forum.nero.com/nero_eng/topics...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Samuel-

Don't post the nerosupport.cab in the forum. It should be attached to an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com.

I don't know if Steve has gotten a response from tech support.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi

I have not been able to retrieve the nerosupport.cab - does anyone know how to do this?
    • Save the zip file. Always check were you save it. Un-compress and run the executable. It should save it on your desktop. I just ran it a couple of hours ago related to another issue I am having with the software. I cannot stand that I have to run this over again and send it to them every time I have an issue. These are issues that other have had so the fix should be readily available. I feel that I am beta testing this software.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I do not know how to save the zip file...I do not know how to retrieve it to save it
    • I use Chrome and when I click on the link they sent, it automatically starts the download and saves it to my download folder. In IE it will prompt you to save it. I would select Save as so that you can see where it will save it. Then go to that folder and right click the file and select extract all. This will extract the executable in a new folder where the executable is currently in. If you do not have this option you will need a third part program like winzip or winrar. Go to the new folder and double click the file. The file they want should be on your desktop once the program finishes. Now reply back to there email and attach the file to that email. Hope this helps.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The nerosupport.cab file should be here-

C:\Users\"user name"\Desktop

Simply attach it to your e-mail. You don't need to zip it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

next » « previous