Nero 2015 Installation interrupted

I just purchased Nero 2015 Platinum and cannot get it installed. I see that 2014 had the same issue. Does not seem to have a real fix that I can tell for 2014. I tried a few options from the forum but still cannot get it to install. Same message. It is something like,
wizard was interrupted before Nero could be completely installed. Nothing has been modified.
I emailed support, but I wanted to see if someone here could help and get me going on this upgrade.
21 people have
this problem
+1
next » « previous
  • The cab file is not here...can anyone send me the full address link so I can try to find the file by pasting it into my browser?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• If the file is not where I stated, then it was probably wasn't created. You might try creating it again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I’m frustrated
    I am absolutely frustrated with Nero I have had installation issues in the past and I should have learned my lesson by now I get the message:
    " InstallSheild wizard failed
    The Wizard was interrupted before nero 2015 could be completely installed.
    Your system has not been modified. to complete installation at another time, please run setup again.
    Click Finish to exit the wizard. "

Run setup as administrator for 5 times same problem every time
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Got word back from nero support in Germany, their indication was that something was interrupting the reboot from the nero installer.
    I had to turn off Microsoft security essentials in order to install nero!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• That's interesting. I had MSE at one time and it never bothered Nero or anyhing else.
    it's built into Windows 8.

I'm glad you got your problem resolved. Hopefully, Salvatore will get his resolved.

Enjoy!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Wither, the installation issue has been resolved (with no help from Nero support) for a while now. I posted what I did to get this resolved. My other issue is getting the Blu-ray player to work. I created a separate incident and heard back from support after a week. Same crap, to make sure that I have the latest drivers and that I resend them the files I already sent them. This is ridiculous that I have to go through all this crap. I don't mind doing some troubleshooting, but doing their job is not right. I will send them the BD checker results, but if they ask for one more thing, i will stop using Nero and never again recommend them. If you cannot count on some software and the support from that company, you need to let it go. I am very close to doing so.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks Salvatore. Given the length of this thread, I hadn't gone back through it to look. I just did and saw what you did.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    Salvatore Cennimo

How you fix the problem to install Nero with the problem of InstallShield Wizard Failed
    Thanks
    Jose Cruz
    • view 2 more comments
    • Thanks You. I try to find your fix to that problem but not funded
      Thanks Again.
    • Jose, this is what I posted when i got it to install.

I finally got it to install. What I did was log-on to the local administrator account. Ran the install and it went through without any problems. I then installed the Content Pack, it asked for a reboot and then installed. I logged back on to my primary account and executed the application. Seems to be working fine. i will do some testing tomorrow, but right now I am pretty happy that at least I got it to install. One other thing that I forgot to mention is that I have my own Domain so I do not know if being logged on to a Domain Controller could be causing this problem. I just think it should be mentioned in case Nero support is reading this or if someone else with this problem is also logged on to a Domain Controller..

To see all the other posts, select the number 1 below the so called Official Response. There you will see all the other posts. Good luck. With Nero support you are going to need it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    I'm having this problem with the new Nero 2015 Platinum, as well, as an upgrade to 2014 Platinum. Seems to get to the very end after installing everything, then quits with the message indicated in the original post.

I've tried disabling AV during install, running as admin, and various reboot scenarios, but nothing fixes it. Not only that, it also makes Windows unusable until I use Task Manager to sign out of 8.1 and back in.

Seems odd that there is so much trouble with the install. There are a few people with the issue so I'm surprised there hasn't been any solution offered to even try before contacting support (which I'm going to have to do, it seems).
    • Good luck getting any help from Nero. I had solved this issue by my self. I got no help from Nero support. Their answer is blaming every system. The systems are different. Well that might be true, but just imagine all the other software makers. Are they saying the same. They are solving the problems in a timely matter. I have another issue and I am still waiting for the issue to be resolved. I cannot play a blue-ray disk on my system. You believe that? Don't know if it will ever be resolved, but I sure will not be holding my breath waiting. I will be dead before I they resolve this one. i will not be upgrading to any new versions from now on. I will be going back to Roxio when their next version comes out. I am done with Nero and I am really sorry that I have to be. I have liked the software for many years, but I can no longer deal with this kind of service. There is no sense of urgency with them. I have had enough. I just believe that their programmers are incompetent and have no clue. I also believe their support is the worst i have ever dealt with. They release a product that just does not work on the majority of systems out there and Nero seems to be good with that. They want you, the customer to solve and troubleshoot the issues for them. But now almost two months with issues and still waiting for results. I wish you the best KayHangman. Like I said, don't hold your breath.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't know which AV you're using but you might try disabling Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows Defender. You might also try setting the security level in User Accounts to the lowest level. If that doesn't work, I recommend sending an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com. This problem seems to be system specific.
    • Windows Defender isn't active (I use NIS), but already tried disabling NIS.

I guess the thing with this sort of problem is that there are always aspects that, while perhaps system specific, are similar. For example, a certain type of program interferes (give list of programs known so far), or there is a registry entry that prevents the install (list areas to check), etc. With an explanation of why the error occurs, at least that information gives the user something to work with while waiting. Since the issue happened with the 2014 version, too (not mine, but I see it is listed) there should be some inkling of why it's happening by now.

So yeah, a bit disappointed that there isn't a FAQ or Support article that explains and offers suggestions other than "contact support," even if that is ultimately the only thing that can be done.

Regardless, I'm okay with contacting support. Being a tech guy myself, I'm just used to being able to troubleshoot my own issues.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have the same problem.. and no I'm not going to disable my AV.. that was 2009... It should have been tested thoroughly in my opinion..

I also tried as admin, same result.. you see the desktop shortcut being created and then it disappears.. status bar is on approx 7%..

Okay I did disable Windows Defender... same result .. :-(

Hopefully a solution is provided..
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• As I mentioned, this problem is system specific. As a result, there's no "one fix fits all" that us volunteers could offer. Another user having problems installing the Content pack installed the C++ 2012..... (x86) separately and it solved the problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m happy
    Thought I should jump back in and give a possible solution to people, as I did one last attempt before contacting support. This is what I did:

1. Ran the Nero2015-16.0.02900.exe normally. Did NOT disable any programs (AV or otherwise) or run as admin.
    2. Chose to NOT have it associate media files with Nero and chose to NOT install the MediaHome. Also chose not to share info with Nero to improve the product (can't remember exact wording of that choice).
    3. Allowed it to go through the install. When it got past the Disc to Drive installation, where it usually hung, I clicked cancel until it gave me a message asking if I was sure I wanted to cancel. I waited for 30 seconds or so until I saw there was no more activity on my system, then chose to NOT cancel.
    4. The installer completed successfully. No interruption.

I'm installing the content pack right now and it just completed successfully.

Unfortunate side effect of what I did is that I don't know which aspect is the thing that fixed it, or if all were required. I'll try adding in MediaHome next, and I still have to update it using the updater, but it launches and everything seems fine so far.

Hope this helps in giving a tip to folk having the issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have to say again: Nero support is very inefficient and it's impossible to have some help.
    Nero changed the support and the ability to get a log of the problems that we open. Since december 2013 every things goes in the worst way; support can't understand what is happening in the world.
    It's also difficult to get money back for a product that doesn't work.
    • view 1 more comment
    • I worked 40 years in an IT department and I were used to have problem and get support.
      With Nero every thing went well until last december but after it was a disaster.
      For an issue I made problem determination and documented it but Nero support asked me no sense things and so I decided to change product.
      And I didn't get back money as they asked me to disinstall the producy but I have have projects with Nero 2014 and it's impossible to modify them with a previous release.
      In the past everythings, in general, went well.
    • I won't quit saying that most problems reported here are system specific. I've been in the forum for over 6 years and I don't experience even 1% of the problems that people have. This is through 7 versions of Nero which reside on this system and 4 versions on another. I agree that Nero is slow at providing updates but my biggest peeve is that some problems in one version aren't fixed until the next version. I won't comment on tech support resolution of problems because a lot of people won't do what they ask and, also, I don't see the correspondence between tech support and the customer. That is often misrepresented here. Personally, they've been pretty responsive to my requests for resolution of a problem. It may take a week or two, depending on the severity of the issue, but normally it gets resolved in that time frame unless it's something that requires an update such as the ongoing problem with the blu-ray player (another system specific issue)..
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    I think Nero is flakey software , I am going to Roxiio , I notice the DVDs are no longer sold in Officeworks , apparently too much trouble , so I am just going to forget the $69 I paid them and going to put a post of Facebook about the trouble dealing with them. Nero 7 works ok but can't get 2015 to install plus looking at all the problems people are having , I am just not going to put it on any computers
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I am having trouble getting past the system requirement validator. I just updated my computer. I meet requirements with window vista.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have a similar problem where the installer will not recognize my nero.kwikmedia.msi file because it's not in the place it expected it to be. When I do redirect it to the current location it tells me it's not the correct type (?) and gives me an error code of 1714.

I've tried manually uninstalling Nero 12 and that fails too. Now I'm stuck.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Gary- I think you need to send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com. They have a file called the First Aid Kit for cleaning the registry that's worked for you problem in the past. They'll want to see your nerosupport.cab file. Go to nero.com, support. Click on Nero 2015 Classic and go to Support Tools. Download and run the Get Support Files utility. Attach the resulting .cab file to your e-mail (don't post it here). They'll decide if the file I mentioned is applicable.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks Wither. Cab file is with Nero. I shall let all know how it resolves. Fingers crossed or a refund methinks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m pi**ed off
    Still not heard from Nero. Great service eh?!!!
    • Here in Australia a consumers magazine "Choice" has an article in the Dec/Jan issue about how to apply to the credit card for a dispute transaction. The bank has just started this dispute on the payment made on 21/11/14 , if I cant get it to run, download or it affects operation of other programs on my computer ,the consumer affairs people feel Nero is not up to standard ,so if Nero wont give a refund ,maybe the bank will clawback payment made. This may be of help to others that are fed up with poor service from Nero
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't know where you live but, you can go here-

http://www.nero.com/eng/support/conta...

and access the chat line. You can ask the status of your submittal. Note that the chat line is on GMT+6 so you have to plan accordingly before making the call.

Also, check your e-mail spam folder to see if a reply may have accidently been placed there.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I should not have to contact them. They should be contacting me and everyone else that is looking for a little support after buying their product. It is all about a little respect and caring for there customers. I check my spam folders on a daily basis. Since I already got that one and only reply that Did Not go to spam I should be good. By the way, you work for Nero, right? You have too be. you have every excuse in the support book handy. You will not even acknowledge that there is a problem with Nero support and the software. Honesty goes a long way. I just don't see it here. That is why there are so many customers that are fed up.
    • view 7 more comments
    • Go away and help the ungrateful hordes !!
    • Just got out of the German forum. Will try to finish up here.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• So a "volunteer" instead of tech support is the support that Nero is offering , hence my decision to give up trying to install Nero 2015 platinum ( more
    Like a less noble tin) and just cop it on the wallet and to tell others to forget about dealing with this rip off company . I have even advised a local newspaper of my experience in dealing with this slipshod company and I am not interested in seeing what other problems manifest itself if I could get it to install , what other program would stop working
    • Nero didn't offer me as a volunteer. They had no idea who I was when I started helping in the forum. It was all my doing and continues to be that way. Being a small company, I don't think Nero has the resources to man the forum and provide help via the chat line, the "for pay" line and all the problems that are sent directly to them (which I suspect is much larger than those reported in the forum). That's just my opinion. I agree, it doesn't help their image.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• As I told in the past, Nero support isn't working well so it's necessary to leave Nero.
    I was satisfied unril one year ago but iy's quite an year that they have to solve a problem tha I'd well documented in this forum ...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Greg, I agree with you. I also will be moving on. I also will be very vocal with my experience with Nero support and their software. They will get a negative review from me from now on. So when Nero comes up in a conversation or I see some sort of article, I will be giving my opinion and it will not be flattering. They should actually reimburse everyone that has an issue with this software. Remember, this is not a $29 dollar application. If it was I would not even care and move on, but we are paying a premium for this software and with that we should be getting top notch support. At the least show that you give a crap for your customers. Show a sense of urgency. I just have not seen it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Wither1, I understand you want to help and that is great and I can appreciate what you are trying to do. But defending and making excuses for them as you do is not the best way. For one, I don't think you can classify Nero as a small company and say that is why there are problems. Most companies try to correct those problems and that is not what Nero seems to be doing. The two big boys out there for this type of product is Nero and Roxio. So I would not consider Nero small. Nero has been around for years and their product is one of the most used. Most small companies do support there clients on a more personal basis because they want to keep those customers. To me it looks like Nero does not give a crap who they loose as long as they can get new customers to bite. It's like a revolving door. If they loose 100 customers this week and gain 100 more the next, they are fine with that.No way to run a company. Maybe that is why you believe they are a small company. I just think they are a badly managed company. Changes need to start at the top. Maybe that will make the company better. Another thing that you can do as an insider is to let some of the Nero management know the support problems and how frustrating it is for Nero customers. Does not look like they are following this forum because if they were, I would expect someone from Nero to actually answer some of our questions. That is what i would do. That is what any company that cared about their customers would do.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Visto che sono molto inca...to per aver speso 49.99€ per nero video e non lo posso usare, invece di sforzarmi di scrivere in inglese, mi esprimerò in italiano: Come già detto dopo aver speso 49.99€ scarico il programma e quasi alla fine fallisco l'installazione con un messaggio che mi invita a ripeterla. Riprovo, va tutto bene fino alla fine, poi provo a caricare dei files video per creare un dvd e si apre una finestra che mi dice che il mio serial number non è valido. Capite? Come se avessi scarcato un programma craccato con un numero di serie inesistente o già utilizzato. Contatto il supporto tecnico e non ottengo risposta. Lo contatto ancora e non ottengo ancora risposta. Bell'affare a essere onesti. La prossima volta me lo faccio passare craccato almeno sono sicuro che funziona. Aggiungo che sono già convinto a rivolgermi all'associazione dei consumatori per avere indietro il denaro speso
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• In the German forum today, Jens (a Nero employee) indicated that the installation problem was caused by a Windows update and that Microsoft fixed the problem via two additional Windows updates. As a result, one should make sure that the latest Windows updates are installed.

He didn't say that the update was the cause of this problem for everyone but, judging from what some people in another thread have said, removing the problem update solved their problem. If Microsoft has fixed it by issuing additonal updates, then making sure that Windows is up to date should obviate the problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither. Firstly many thanks with trying to help us out here.

However my Windows is fully up to date and it still won't install.

I resubmitted my problem to another Nero link suggested earlier but as yet no reply.

Incidentally I put Paoblo's comments through the Google translator and even with the limitations of that piece of software I can see he's as Pi**ed off with Nero as the rest of us.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This is the actual post made by Jens. You don't have to understand German. The offending update is first mentioned. Then the subsequent updates are listed. If this doesn't work, then tech support has to get involved-

Also, das ist natürlich bereits geschehen. Laut Microsoft wurden die Fehler im KB2918614 durch das Update 3000988 und Update 3008627: behoben.
    Siehe hierzu:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2918614
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m happy
    Good Evening wither 1
    I changed to the american forum because I would tell you that in meantime I was able to install Nero 2015 Trial. I'm lucky. What'd I did?.
    I deinstall KB3000988 and KB3008627 (KB2918614 weren't install???) from my system.
    Then, in my case the installation of the Nero 2015 Trial takes no problem.
    After new start I updated actually the recommended Windows Updates (also with KB2918614 and KB3008627) and Nero 2015 Trial always works without no Problems.
    I hope, this experience would help you, and possibly employee jens to help any other customers.

Greetings from Germany and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    wishes gschroe
    Gerd Schroé
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    Don't fix for my, they have a very very BAT service not work i'am going to report to my Federal Bank
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks gschroe. That may help other people here.

I noticed you didn't post the above in the applicable thread in the German forum. Would you do that?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also. Hard to believe Christmas and 2015 are upon us.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I've been using Nero since way back. Anyway's What I did to get 2015 to install was by going to 2014 control center. Then under Serial Numbers I click Add & put in my 2015 serial num. Then clicked on updates & selected the updates & nero 2015 installed no problems.
    Hope this might work for other's!

Merry Christmas & Happy & safe New Year to all!!!!!!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

OK chaps. I wrote yesterday that I been in contact with Nero again (that post having been removed by someone) and they have responded promptly this time.

And the best thing is that I have now successfully installed 2015. The first aid kit that has been mentioned earlier in the topic was given as the way to go for my issue. It effectively removed the old registry items for Nero 2013 and allowed me to install 2015 which overwrote any remains of the old installation.

Below is the transcript of the email sent to me. I hope it of use to you all.

Merry Christmas.

"...In case you encounter a problem due an older Nero reference, download the Nero FirstAidKit from

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/tools/NeroFirstAidKit.zip

to your harddrive.

Unzip the ZIP-file with WinZip or WinRAR and save the content to your hard drive.
    Double-click on the unzipped EXE-file to start the Nero FirstAidKit.
    -> The window "Nero FirstAidKit (for test only)" will open.

Confirm the message to remove the Nero entries with YES.
    -> A status window will open.
    The execution of the tool may take several minutes.

Please wait until the progress has been completed.
    -> The message "Finished cleaning up" is displayed.

Close the window by clicking the "finish" button.
    -> Nero FirstAidKit has removed all Nero entries from your registry.

Now restart directly the Nero installation with deactivated Antivirus.
    ..."
    • view 1 more comment
    • Well written software doesn't need perseverance to install and use without interference with other programs . Other programs that I have installed don't require so called shutting down of anti virus .That's why I am I have started proceedings with my bank about a dispute with the credit card payment , they have credited payment to my credit card already
    • As stated numerous times, I haven't had a problem with the installation on two different operating systems. These problems are system specific. How many computers are out there- a billion? Six years ago, it was estimated that there were 300 million computers out there. In the third quarter of 2014, about 78 million computers were shipped. Every one of them are different in some way. Working with tech support can result in successful installation as Gary found. If they can't resolve the problem, their policy is to provide a refund.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    I have had the same problem I purchased Nero burning rom 2015 on 29/01/15 ,I sent an email with the cab file attached I have also used the nero first aid kit no joy ....still no reply !
    • view 3 more comments
    • The only reason I commented to David is because of how recent his e-mail was to tech support.

If you're referring to the blu-ray player playback problems, I have no idea where that stands right now. It's been a couple of weeks since the Nero employee said that the update was still out for external review. I understand completely the consternation that everyone has with this and I don't blame them for getting a different player.
    • David- For some reason, the automated replies to submitted e-mails was discontinued in the last 6 months (just an guesstimate).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• David, sorry to say, you will most likely get no support from Nero. This issue I had and figured it out myself. That is to say that I tried a few things and got mine to finally install. Never heard from Nero. I have another issue pending regarding not being able to play Blu-rays. It has been about 3 months. I just gave up on them. I installed a free Blu-ray player and now I am able to play movies. There support is the worst. I will never get a new version and will never recommend them again. My next version will be the new Roxio. Looks like you just purchased it, If I were you, get your money back and get Roxio. Good luck.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• thanks guys for the posts ..Salvatore sorry about your problem hope it dosent happen to me too m8,Wither thanks for that hopefully I will get reply soon ,it just does not want to install the reboot validator ive tried quite a lot ive unistalled AVG,used the first aid kit,run as administrator and cleaned registry.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m Very Sad
    I have same problem, I should not have bought it as I have had this every time I pay for Nero I have problems installing. Trouble is I like Nero but I am now very frustrated to say I have paid nearly £40.00 ou and still unable to use Nero 2015,
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If you go here-

C:\Windows\Temp

Is the MSI2015.log file there (I don't know the exact way it's numbered)? If it is, open it and paste the contents here.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Raymond, sorry to hear that. I had the same problem and got no help from Nero. i got lucky and got mine to install. I am still waiting to hear about the Blu-ray player. It's been three months and have not heard from Nero support and don't expect too. I downloaded a FREE Blu-ray player from Downloads.com and am able to play my Blu-ray discs on my computer. I for one will never buy their product again. I am done with Nero.
    • view 2 more comments
    • That is the latest version. It was updated a couple of weeks ago I think, via Nero Control Centre check for updates method.
    • Well it goes to show. They have an update that does not work for me and probably for most of you out there. It is a shame that they cannot get their issues fixed. I don't know what type of support team they have but with the experience that I have seen in the past four months, they flat out suck. I have always liked Nero but I just cannot count on the software or support any more. They have lost me for good. I will never buy their software again. Good luck to all that want to stay loyal. Hope you will never need their support.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Salvatore, you are 100% correct there I will not be with them any more, I still have not had any reply, all I got was a read receipt to say someone had looked at my email, so I know some got it
    • Raymond, I have been through it all for the past 3 plus months. I don't know how the other companies are but they cannot be this bad. Being in the IT field myself and dealing with support. If I was one of these guys, I would have been fired a long time ago and I could not blame them. To me this is unacceptable. I would be embarrassed. I always give 100% and I make sure that the client is kept in the loop and i make sure that the issue is solved. I give that type of support and I expect the same. I am not getting that type of support from Nero. So I just have to try some other company. I will not put up with it any longer. I will go back to Roxio and give them another try. I have not had any newer version than Creator 2010. I gave them up because of random issues with some of there application at that time. Had to re install over and over again. I was not happy with it at that time. They got it corrected, but at the time I had Nero on a couple of systems, so I decided to give it a go. For a while I really liked it, but with this issue and their support, that did it for me. Their support is the worst i have ever had. That is to bad. Anyway, good luck.
    • I have been using Cyberlink Power2Go v9 for about 3 Months now, Had no trouble at al, still not sure why I went back to Nero, just thought they may have improved on installation side of things. Just goes to show how wrong I was.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was removed on 2015-02-18.
    see the change log
  • This reply was removed on 2015-02-18.
    see the change log
  • I’m frustrated
    NERO 2015 - Not all UPDATES install. I am sorry that I ever purchased NERO 2015 and had a lot of problems like everyone else getting it to install.

NERO notified me of pending updates (Mandatory and Optional). I uncheck all items except the Mandatory ones and some oft hem refuse to install without generating any errors. NOE of the optional updates have installed either. I have had every version of NERO since it first came out but I can assure them than 2015 will be my last. Technical support does NOT respond to messages or phone calls.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m a frustrated old man
    I too have been using Nero since V7. I feel the same as you do now unless this is sorted. I have had a problem with the last 3 installs, (V10 V12 and V14. I just thought this time it would be better but I was totally wrong on the matter, I have now tried 32 times and still comes up with the same thing. Nero Support does not want to know, Worst customer service I have ever encountered.
    • view 6 more comments
    • I looked through this thread after your initial post. Have you ever tried a clean boot?

Also, It's strange that you can't install v10, v12 or v14. The major issue I see is that all of them used a different flavor of the C++ redistributables.

In regards to v2015, there was also an issue with having msxml4.dll Sp3 in Win 8 before installing it. I don't remember the details.
    • I've been thinking some more about your inability to install starting with v10. Keep in mind that v9 and earlier doesn't use a Windows installer and that may be the difference. If you're willing, I like you to try some things strictly with v10. Want to have a go at it? I know it's extra work on your part but it shouldn't take a huge amount of time. I'm assuming you have a v10 serial number.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m Sad
    Tried Nero 10 goes through the routine and stops and displays this message,

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Tried Nero 14. installs up to installing Kwik Themes Then this happens,

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

next » « previous