Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2015 Mediahome and other questions

HI
I have purchased Nero platinum 2015 in 2015, however i have not used it for a few years and i cam back now. some questions.
1) First, i can not open mediahome, it said it is unable to open it.
2) What i need to do most is Put pictures and movies, i need to put music from youtube and then burn it. I do not need the other functions.
Just put pics, music , mp4, and edit and give effect on pictures and make a family movie. I need help and advice how to do it?

I am like a new one. Thank you
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi hh-

What you're describing is best done in Nero Video. For mixed media projects, you would most likely use Make Advanced Movie to import your files, add effects, do other edits such as add your music (I don't think you want to do that for movies that already have audio). You can then burn the project to disc. We can help you with the details. For things like a slide show, you could use Make Slide Show although the number of available effects and allowable edits are much lower than in Make Advanced Movie.

Is that the exact message you're getting when you try to launch Nero MediaHome?
    • Hi again, and thank you for your reply, If i have already youtube video and it is long and i want to clip in order to be shorter, can i use nero and if so how can i make it to a shorter one in order to copy it on cd, Thanks, you said you can help us with slideshow, how thank u
    • First, do you want to "copy" it to "CD" or do you want to create a disc that will be playable, such as a DVD-Video or a Video-CD? I don't know how long your video is but the DVD will give you more space if all you want to do is copy it.

Do you want to keep the entire video or do you want to trim it just so it will fit on a disc? Most people would want the entire video.

We can provide more details after you answer the questions since the way to proceed depends on exactly on what you want to do.

To make a slide show, you would open Nero Video and select Make Slide Show. Import your slides and add them to the storyboard. There are a limited number of effects and other editing options in Make Slide Show. As mentioned, Make Advanced Movie provides more editing options and can be used to create a slide show. If Make Slide Show works for you then you would then click on Next and specify the type of disc you want. Most likely it would be DVD-Video or Video-CD, if you want to use a CD. There are other options. After making the selection, you would be in the Content screen where you can add chapters. Then, clicking on Next will take you to the menu editing screen where you can either create a menu or opt to not use a menu. Clicking on Next twice will take you to the burn screen where you can burn the disc.

Did you get Nero MediaHome to work?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• It said;    unable to open database file, In MediaHome, I can not use it. 

Another things is about differences between advanced and express editing.
     I have just put som video to prepare for editing but I can not rotate or edit pictures with animations, it is something that I believe I only can in mediahome, 
    Best

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

You can rotate pictures and video in Make Advanced Movie. After you add them to the timeline, open the effect palette. Click on one of your pieces of media and one of the options that appears in the upper right side of the palette is Rotation. That option isn't in Make Express Movie.

There are many edits you can do with media in Nero Video but I don't know exactly what type of edits you want to do.

You mentioned editing pictures with animations. I guess you're talking about a .gif.

In regards to Nero MediaHome, go here-

C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Local

Rename the Nero folder to Nero1 and the Nero_AG folder to Nero_AG1. Restart Nero MediaHome. It will generate new folders with the original names. If everything works, then you can delete the folders you renamed. Note that this will clear the Nero MediaHome library and things like faces you've named.
    • view 2 more comments
    • Wither 1,

Review:

hh said, " I have just put som video to prepare for editing but I can not rotate or edit pictures with animations, it is something that I believe I only can in mediahome,".

You said, "You mentioned editing pictures with animations. I guess you're talking about a .gif."

Now, I think it is perfectly reasonable to conclude that you meant that .gif files can be rotated in MediaHome as hh said?

In any case, you didn't mention that .gif animations are actually not usable anywhere in Nero. But, you probably didn't even know it.

No bugs for you? Even if the random corruption of Nero data files is not a bug, their recommendation to delete the folders in their entirety is irresponsible I think.
    • My comment about .gif was actually a question to hh. Accidently used a period instead of a question mark. My Bad. Still didn't address .gif in NMH.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• hi again,

I have a video camera and i tried today to import my video to the nero, i click om Import from AVCHD, i click on capture from camera or tv, it said it is not found any device as if everything is fine . What is the problem?
    I have windows 10 shall i activate any app because i have closed for many things if it is not unnecessary.
    thank u
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi hh- what is the model number for your camera?

You didn't say if you got Nero MediaHome working.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi
    No it does not work and i wrote it to you.camera model er Dcr- hc18e sony video camera
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I can't find the specs for your camera but, from looking at the manuals, it appears it doesn't record in AVCHD. It looks to me that it's capturing analog video on a tape. If that's not true, please identify the media and type of video.

Also, do you have the software that came with the camera?

Do you have the camera on when you go to the capturing screen using Capture From Camera or TV at the opening screen of Nero Video? If not, turn it on.

In regards to Nero MediaHome, I assume you tried renaming the folders.
    Please go here-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\KM

Find the MediaHome.exe file and hover your mouse over it. What is the version shown?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thank u
    it is in start menu , program, nero, the only thing is there is Nero 15, burning, express, endocd, and nero video. I can not see any nero media home, . I turn on the camera, and it said , the device is not found. I few years ago when i used Movie maker edit, 12, it could open it without any difficulty.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• You didn't confirm if you're recording to tape or if you have the software that came with the camera. From what I can find, it records in S-Video.

According to the manual, you need to turn on your camera; place the power switch in Play/Edit mode and turn SubStream on in the camera menu, all BEFORE connecting it to the computer. Are you doing that?

Did you check in the folder I mentioned? I need to know the version of that file.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi again,
    I have turned on my camera, set it to play/edit, and evn play the movie nd then put usp til my pc , it saif again no device is found.
    I do not know if my pc can not read the device when is is connected, i do not know, and how i can manage it?
    I sagde it to you again yesterday, There is no file on user, my account, There is only what i mentioned yesterday, in start, menu and i could not find the file mediahome . Irt was just nero 15 , edit and burn.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• You didn't say if you also turned on SubStream. Please confirm that you did.

You also didn't say if you have the software (Picture Package) that came with the camera. Please reply.

If you don't have this folder-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\KM

then MediaHome is not installed. It also looks like you don't have other parts of the suite installed.

If you have Win 8 or earlier, go to Control Panel, Programs and Features. If you have Win 10, go to Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features.

Uninstall Nero 2015.

Go here-

https://www.nero.com/enu/downloads/pr...&

and download the Nero 2015 installer.

Right click on the .exe file and select Properties. In the Compatibility tab, set the mode to Windows 7. Also, check the box for "Run this program as Administrator."
    Apply the changes.

Run the installation.

Does that help?
    • view 1 more comment
    • SubStream is a feature on his camera.
    • Wither 1,

Would you please give a reference? Here's what I've found:

Also, you've ignored the question I asked about how he's connecting. Do you know?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi again,
    First No, i do not have software package and that is something i found it today, i contacted sony if they have software, because i bought camera in 2004 ver old and i could remember that i had to install software and due to moving i have lost the software. on the other hand they said it just for windows xp and i do not have any longer xp, i have windows, 10 now.
    second, no i do not have suite components, i download only nero 2015 and its content, on exact the same web you showed me.
    I do not want to uninstall now, because i have some pic and movie i want o make dvd, and if i uninstall, i will lose them and i have to again put all pictures from start. I first finish my project and then i want o reinstall it again. I can not understand what you me by all these exe. files , the only thing was there , it was nero 2015 and that is all. i hover on it but nothing i could see.

The last questions, when we put pictures on bero video, can others fram nero staff could see out pictures and i mean can other have access to our privacy? just to be on the safe side i ask,
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• To answer your last question- No

Did you turn on SubStream?

When you connect your camera to your computer using USB, do you see either of these-

USB connected, MTP connected, or Mass Storage connected

on the LCD of the camera?

I assume you're connecting using the provided cable and that you're not connecting ot the HDMI connection.

I wanted you to reinstall since it's apparent that not all of the apps in the suite are installed. What are the first four characters of your serial number (don't post the whole thing here)?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• No, i can see non of them, USB connected, MTP connected, or Mass Storage connected. i just use a cable which came with camera, as you showed me one to usb, a little one, and another to my pc. It does not show anything. Again, it said that i have to download software first and i have lost it. Do you think we can find another solution for that? i contacted sony, but they said that they do not have and i have as i said windows 10 now. i have heard that sometimes windows 10 can not recognize the camera and i have to go through a process to add it, i do not know.

regarding to reinstalling, i have as i said a project and when i finish it then i will reinstall it because otherwise i would loose all my pictures and i have to start over.
    • view 4 more comments
    • If you use the Save or Save As, the project should be saved as a .nvc file here-

C:\Users\"your user name"\Documents\NeroVideo

I don't think uninstalling would empty that folder but you could move them to a different folder before uninstalling.

Since nothing is showing, you don't have a connection. You might try a different cable or different USB port. Is the USB cable the only cable you have? The camera was supposed to come with other cables.
    • Wither 1,

hh is concerned that his pictures will be lost. Saving the project does not save the pictures as you well know.

Why do you keep going on about USB when the Nero Video manual says that Firewire is required?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• So you mean if usb cable work. So i t is not necessary to have indstall cd which came with camera and i lost it . So problem is usb and i have to change it
    • view 6 more comments
    • I am abandoning this thread. Have a good time.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have sent my serial number to the feedback. However, if you read people opinion about nero, many believe nero do it sell their new product only for 1 year license and this is not good. when i tried to upgrade to the permanent, the price was high even though i have already purchase from them. I am not as other agree with the new purchase system. I have just pay so much money again only for one year , just to earn money, they do that.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm