Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m sad and frustrated

Nero 2015 Platinum does not install

Like with Platinum 2014, now the 2015 version ends install with a locked system.
For 2014 I got off the hook by installing Windows 8.1 over 8.0. I cannot hope for such a "resolution" now.
What can I do?
5 people have
this problem
+1
    Seems like history is repeating itself. Write on a blackboard somewhere..." I must never buy software on the day of release". You'll eventually get it.

Ask for your money back unless you get it working of course.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m frustrated
    Onbe would hope that a company learns from and adjusts to the user experience.
    Two subsequent major releases of a software package with the same approach, which - going by this forum - does not work for many, projects a strange picture.
    And in case their approach is really superior I would expect to find a fool proof description on how to successfully install.
    By now I have gone through all the major pre-cautions, e.g., disabled all anti-virus and malware programs, executed the installation file as administrator, but after what feels like 10 components installed (the last one being "Disc To Device"), the installation halts, all desktop icons disappear and a message informs me that supposedly the installation was interrupted (not saying by whom or what), ended and nothing changed in the system.
    What an interface! I always wondered anyway why such a huge installation has to be done in one job, rather than sequentially and independent....
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

Juergen. I'm trying to install the trial to at least have a look at their latest offering. I've tried installing the programme under Acronis 'Try&Decide' and the programme hangs just before the end (same as you) giving me the same error massage as you. Obviously, I've then restarted my machine and restored the PC to where it was before trying to install Nero 2015 but once again this doesn't look good making my decision to hold off buying a sensible one I feel.
    This feels typical of Nero these days as I've had all sorts of problems with their software in the past but as an experienced user and having a good user forum to fall back on I've usually managed to overcome them. However, I made the decision last year; they had a snow flake on the sun's chance of getting me to part with my money early days.
    I'm also less than impressed they haven't introduced subtitles into Recode especially as this has supposed to be under consideration for a very long time. All Nero is doing these days is selling the same product time and again with a few bells and whistles thrown in for good measure. I'm not being fooled again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I am having the same problem my desktop bar also disappears. I have logged in as the local Administrator user and Run as administrator to install the program. Seems odd that I can't get it to install. I have disabled my Symantec endpoint protection with still no luck.

I am running Windows 7 Premium
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I tried install individual pieces from the program using installation settings and it fail 4 straight times.

Send a message to tech support have not heard from them.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi all,

We are sory for the problems presented during the Nero 2015 installation process.

For us to analyze the problem in detail we would need some more information on your system.
    Please contact TechSupport and send us the following information:

1. A screenshot displaying the error message in case you receive one.

2. To get the installation log files, it will be necessary to manually collect them after the installation process. Start the Nero installation again.
    The installation process will be logged and saved into a MSI log file.After the installation of Nero failed, open your Windows Explorer and enter in
    the address field %temp%. In the temp directory should be a MSIx.log (x for installationnumber) file. Please send us this log file that we can analyze the failed installation process.

3. The NeroSupport.cab log archive.
    Click the following link to download the "GetSupportFiles.zip" file to your hard drive:

http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id...

Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking the EXE-file.
    -> The "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" window opens.
    The tool may take several minutes.
    You can track the single steps in the displayed window.
    After the tool has successfully run you will find a file named "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop.
    Please send us this file as an e-mail attachment.

4. Please contact us under techsupport@nero.com. Please enter Nero Forum as the e-Mail subject and copy a link to this Forum entry so we can relate your case to this Topic.

Thanks and best regards,
    NeroUser
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m indifferent
    Well, a NERO response, finally.

However, given that all desktop icons disappear and the system goes into some unresponsive state when the installation fails, I doubt that
    1. a screenshot can be taken,
    2. the installation log files can be accessed - unless they remain in the TEMP directory after a system restart.

I have contacted NERO techsupport 5 days ago and they have asked for the NeroSupport.cab file, which I delivered within minutes (Nero ID [3348542002]). There was no mention of the log file, though, and I wonder whether I should deliver that as an addendum to my case.

I am now awaiting their response.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I sent everything they asked for several days ago...except for the screen shot as I don't see how that is possible since everything on the desktop disappears except for their installer.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Same problem and now I cannot even reinstall Nero 2014. Sent all the files to Tech Support a week ago but no answer. I guess I am going to have to do the refund but spent hours trying to get the program installed and hope my windows 8.1 files are not damaged. Had a problem with Nero 2014 installation.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Just requested refund I have better things to do with my time. It also made me loose Nero 2013. I really do not think the problem was with my computer; however, now there is a problem with my computer I guess. Expensive upgrade.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    I just purchased the upgrade to Nero Platinum 2015 (I am currently using Nero Platinum 2014). The installation keeps failing after about 10-15 minutes. I have tried three times, with my antivirus/antimalware software turned off. What is my next step? Am I supposed to uninstall Platinum 2014 and lose all of my settings and configuration?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Nero tech finally offered a refund. They reviewed all of the log files, etc. that I sent over the last few month. So, before submitting my request for a refund, I made one last attempt.

First, I spent over 30 minutes editing the Registry to remove most incidents of "Nero" (some of the items I did not remove for fear of messing up my system). Then, I deleted all "Nero" folders and subfolders in App Date, Program Files, Program Date, and Common Files. All of this I assume should have been removed by some of the programs they sent earlier to clean up my system. I finally rebooted my computer and downloaded the "Trial" version of Nero Platinum 2015.

The trial version has a February build date. The installation completed without a flaw. I then entered my registered serial number for Platinum 2015. It was accepted.

The last step was to run all of the updates the application indicated need to be made. This required two reboots to complete all of the updates.

The software seems to open OK. I have yet to try all apps within the software; and, I need to monitor it over the next two months to make sure the registration remains in effect.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m Pissed
    Please disregard my avatar, I do not know how to change it at this moment. I've been using Nero on and off for years. At least since the late 90's anyway. Its gone from a very intuitive sensible program to just bloatware, that wont even install anymore. And when It does install the method by which it installs is absolutely ridiculous, requiring up to 10 different sub installations within the main one, and that's if your lucky enough to get past the prerequisites. Why in the hell would I want to give you my money for this latest version? Most of the applications ill never use, and the ones I want like recode haven't been updated to be compatible with the latest optical media. Please get rid of this stupid install lock, adopt a more sensible install method, and update the components so they all work with the latest optical media. Off to do business with someone else. :(
    • Agreed. They keep adding all sorts of stuff such as air burn. I know at least 20 people who have smart phones and tablets who wouldn't even dream of using something like air burn to burn DVD's. Someone might use it but who? As for re-code, I'm holding off to see if they include .sub capability. Aimersoft DVD Ripper handles .subs so why can't Nero Recode?

Plus, all the problems we've had with getting the programme to actually install and this re-activation stuff just makes you want to bang your head. Message to Nero: Re-activation only effects customers who paid for the software in the first place not people who didn't. Gettit?

They're hoping for the best offering people the opportunity to purchase the new version in advance without even seeing what's on offer. Come on Nero what are you doing?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm