Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated!

Nero 2015 Platinum Media Home Receiver and iPhone 6 not recognized.

Recently upgraded to Nero 2015 Platinum. I have the iPhone 6 and can not get the Media Home Receiver to work on my phone.

My PC is now running Win 10 Pro and all seems to work so far with the PC side.

Is the iPhone app in need of an updated firmware version?

Unable to find a reason for the app to not see my files.

*All required updates done on my PC and iPhone, but no indication why this does not work!
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Ron-

Do you have a router attached to your PC?

Are you saying that when you click on Play To in Nero MediaHome, your device is not shown? Do you have Media Sharing enabled in Control Panel, Network and Sharing? Is your iPhone shown in your Network?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I have the Media Home Server icon in my tray. Sharing is enabled.

When I open the app on my iPhone, the screen does not show any media or a connection.

I also have PLEX media server on my PC and streaming is fine.

Not sure if this problem is due to a Win 10 OS on my PC or not?

I can run all NERO 2015 Platinum applications on the PC but can not stream anything to my iPhone...however...

The NERO streamer WORKS thru my TV!

The Nero Home Media Sever app on my iPhone is the only thing that will not work!

I uninstalled and re-installed the iPhone app but no change.

iPhone 6 OS is 8.4.1
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• To stream to your iPhone, you would pick media to share in Nero MediaHome which is part of the Nero suite on your PC. Then you would click on the little computer screen and select Play To-

Here's a screenshot-

In Nero MediaHome, click on Options and Streaming. Is the box to automatically allow new devices............... checked?

Is your iPhone shown in the Devices box? If not, is it shown in Control Panel, Network and Sharing, as I mentioned before?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Ok, now I understand! Yes this way works but this is the most WORTHLESS app for streaming I've seen yet!
    I have to select each item to send to my device just to watch it?
    This app should be like VLC etc...should automatically see my PC and let me select from within the app what I want to see.

I'm deleting this...WORTHLESS!

(Thanks for the help anyhow)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I was able to select multiple videos in Nero MediaHome and select the Play to Device. However, I don't have a iPhone to stream to.

Please note that I'm not an expert on that app (or any other Nero app). In my mind, you should be able to access Nero MediaHome on your PC from within your iPhone, just like you do to stream from your TV.

Send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com. Since they don't work weekends, you won't get a response until sometime next week. Let me know what they have to say.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm