Nero 2015 Platinum will not install. It says it was interrupted before install was complete. Tried several times without success.

How do I get it to install?
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Richard,
    Steve had some success as he documented in this older post:

http://forum.nero.com/nero_eng/topics...

If you have not tried right-clicking on the Nero installer .exe file and selecting "Run as Administrator" that is worth a try first.

That Nero FirstAidKit mentioned, is also reference in a forum here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-8/1...

(look down the page a bit where the Nero FirstAidKit is talked about.)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi Richard,
    in case the steps recommended by Lucky Phil above won't allow to install Nero 2015 Platinum properly, the Technical Support teams requires some additional information for further analysis.

To get the installation log files, it will be necessary to manually collect them after the installation process. The installation process will be logged and saved into a MSI log file.
    Right after the installation of Nero failed, open your Windows Explorer and enter in the address field %temp%. In the temp directory should be a MSIx.log (x for installationnumber) file.
    Please send us this log file that we can analyze the failed installation process.

Please also create a logfile with the help of the Getsupportfile. Use the following steps:
    http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id...
    Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking the EXE-file.-> The C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe window opens.The tool may take several minutes. You can track the single steps in the displayed window.
    After the tool has successfully run you will find a file named NeroSupport.cab on your desktop.

Please also create a screenshot of the error message.

Please send us all these files as an e-mail attachment to nero-forum@nero.com and refer to this forum entry, thanks!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Got it to install. Went to C:\%temp%. Selected Neroinstallfiles. Selected the install file Nero2014011435550751 (yours will probably be different). Then selected nero.nero2015esd (it was at the bottom of the list) and ran it. Nero 15 installed (I have not fully tested it yet but it looks OK.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm