Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero 2015 Platinum will not open in windows 10.

Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 went fine. went to use Nero and it will not open. Message says C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f. Anyone know if Nero is working on a fix for this. May have to switch back to windows 8.1 because Nero is my most used tool in CD and DVD authoring it worked fine in 8.1.HELP !!
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • If you hang in there for a while, I think Lucky Phil can answer your question since he had a similar problem with that .dll when he went to Win 10.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hi John,
    This might work for you too ... repair or re-install the:

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

Note: ONLY the 32 bit version solved the problem ... the 64 bit version did nothing to fix it.

This file:

VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe

from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downlo...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I’m thankful
    I tried for a while to get Nero 2015 to work with windows 10. After that, started having problems with windows configuration for some reason and I could not even get windows to boot. I managed to get it into automatic repair mode.It would not boot for anything so I had to reset the computer back to windows 10 and it set it to fresh windows 10 without any of my programs I had installed. The first program I installed was nero 2015 platinum. It installed with no problem and every program in the suite works great. I have fully installed all of my normal programs and Nero 2015 Platinum works flawlessly.I called what was supposed to be customer service for nero before I reset the pc and they wanted to charge me $150 to remotely fix my computer so Nero would function. I only paid $50 for the program to begin with so why would I pay those crooks $150. My way of fixing the problem may have been more drastic but it did not cost anything except a few of hours of time.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I didn't think that Nero offered remote services. At one time, they had a line you could call for a charge of $1.29 a minute but they discontinued that. I do see these websites that say there are 10 people waiting to help you with about any software you can think of. I think they're shams.

Anyhow, I'm glad you got it resolved.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• That is another reason I told them they were crazy when they told me they were not Nero but another company offering tech help for Nero. I may be crazy but who would be stupid enough to pay $150 to have someone to remote access my pc to fix Nero 2015 Platinum when I only paid $50 for the program and it is only $50 to upgrade to Nero 2016 that is supposed to be windows 10 ready.It took me about 5 hours to reset my laptop back to windows 10 without my programs and to reinstall my programs again. When you reset back to windows 10 it leaves an icon on your desktop to show all your programs you deleted during the reset.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm