I’m d├ęcu

nero 2015 platnum delete my DVD volume on my win 8 system

Since i have installed the new version Nero Platinum 2015 ,i had many problem with Windows 8,1 just after installation when i try to use burning rom for a files backup
,the worst one is my DVD-BR volume was wiped (delete) from my system (the famous code 19 from Device manager)
Never have this problem with 2014 version
I have tried many solutions found on internet and the only one good (was to comeback with a system backup of my c:\drive i did many weeks ago
I ask for a refound ,which it has been refused
So now i am afraid to reinstall the NERO 2015 Platinum and have the same problem

Someone have the same problem ?What the solution?

Thanks
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • If a refund was refused, either you didn't contact tech support or you didn't follow the instructions of tech support. If you contacted tech support and they provided a resolution, what was it?

What is a DVD-BR volume?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• i mean that my DVD/BR volume info (like H:\) disappear from my Pc windoes explorer
    And when i open device manager of windows 8,1 , i see my device (Asus Bw-12B1ST) but no info on detail ,nothing on volume and a message

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its
    configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code
    19)

I have tried to uninstall-reinstall my DVDBR, have tried to reinstall the DVD driver.I have tried to edit some registry lines as i have seen on internet about this code 19
    Nothing correct my problem except reinstall all my partition c:\ from a backup did before installation of Nero 2015

I am a french speaking person so i hope my poor english can be understand

I was so confuse about this that i email to CleverBridgeAg a refound and today they say to me that the editor refuse the refound

So now must i risk to reinstall again Nero Platinum 2015 and had the same problem without really have a solution if i want to reuse agin my DVD writer
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi Martial- your English is great.

Nero should have no effect on your drive. It's possible that Nero might not see it but Windows should. The only registry edits I know of to fix this kind of problem is to remove some upper filter and lower filter entries.

Create a system restore point before reinstalling v2015. That way, you can restore the system if the problem recurs.

Let us know how it turns out.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Allo
    Thanks for your reply

i have tried to remove the upper and lower filters in registry following a step by step explanation i found on internet But it wasn't working for me:same problem after reboot
    I though my problem was associated with Nero because it was there just after i have installed it and i have seen somes comments on forums mentionning the problem associated with Nero
    Not only Nero don't see my DVD Br writer (as recorder) but this device is see by Windows device manager but not see by Windows explorer like i see my hard drive s and SSD volume information

Now i have reinstalled Nero platinum 2014 ,which is working ok .I have a new backup of my c:\ system partition and create a new restore point and also i have exported my registry as backup
    May be all is ok to test and reinstall Nero 2015 but i still hesitate. I just want to research again about the problem of this code 19
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello Martial Fauteux,

I am sorry for the problems that you have been facing. Please note that Cleverbridge cannot organize a refund for you. Only Nero TechSupport/Nero Customer Service can do this.

For us to analyze the problem in detail we would need some more information on your system.
    Please contact TechSupport and send us the following information:

1. The NeroSupport.cab log archive.
    Click the following link to download the "GetSupportFiles.zip" file to your hard drive:

http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id...

Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking the EXE-file.
    -> The "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" window opens.
    The tool may take several minutes.
    You can track the single steps in the displayed window.
    After the tool has successfully run you will find a file named "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop.
    Please send us this file as an e-mail attachment.

2. A step-by-step description on how you proceeded.

3. Please contact us under techsupport@nero.com. Please enter Nero Forum as the e-Mail subject and copy a link to this Forum entry so we can relate your case to this Topic.

Thanks and best regards,
    NeroUser
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Bonjour
    Thanks for reply

Sorry to say that the link you give me a message :this web page is not available

I understand you need informations about my system Ok ,But since now i cameback to Nero platinum 2014 may be must i reinstall version 2015 before i collect the information to send you or i can collect now with your utility even the 2014 version is working correctly?

If i must uninstall Nero Platinum version 2014 now on my system, can you say me if the Nero clean tool still exist (i used it in the pass but not find it recently when i have passed from version 2014 to version 2015)

Merci de votre aide
    Martial
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The Nero General Clean Tool is only used for v9 or earlier because those versions didn't use a Windows installer. There is no similar tool for v10 and later.

Go to nero.com and select Support at the bottom of the page. Click on Nero 2015. The getsupportfiles utility will be in the Support Tools section.

In my opinion, you should install v2015 before going through the process. That way they have the best chance of seeing what the problem is.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• bonjour

I have followed your suggestion and go to
    http://www.nero.com/enu/support/#n201... Tools:

I click to download and got:
    this web page is not avilable

Sorry
    Would you verify from your side about this

I will try ,may be during the week end, to reinstall Nero Platinum 2015

And send you the file you ask if i can get the getsupportfiles utility
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I'm using Internet Explorer as my browser. I just went to the website and clicked on Download for the utility. IE asked me if I wanted to run or save it. I selected Save and it downloaded it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Allo
    I was using Chrome on Windows 8,1 system
    I have tried with Internet Explorer an d got
    this page cannot be displayed See print screen joined
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't understand. The URL shown in your screenshot is for (I think) this thread in the forum. What's that have to do with downloading the utility?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Sorry for this

If you see at the right top of the screen shot you will see Official nero software support where i see the utility and the icon where the word download was displayed , so when i click on i obtain the new window (left at the to screen shot)

I don' t understand either
    I will retry again when i will be home ( message email from my tablet outside)

I do this so many times during the 25 years i use computers and i really don, t know why i cannot downloaded this utility from Nero site
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Okay. This is some screenshots of what I see when I go to the Nero.com, Support and go to download the utility. This is IE 8 but it also works the same way in other versions of IE that I have.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• That where i find it
    Now i try something different
    I have using my Ipad and from Safari browser i have downloaded the file ( i see the exe file on my Ipad now)and i email it to my home email on Pc i will see tonight if my try was correct
    Thanks again for your help
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Ok i got it now from my email
    I execute it before new instalation of Nero 2015 ok it works and create the cab file on my desktop
    During the week end i will another install of nero 2015 and will see what happen
    If i have the same result of the first time i will create another file of system info for you
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Allo
    I finally uninstall completly all traces of Nero Platinum 2014 (Windows was unable to delete all completly)
    I have deasactivated my BitDefender total security 2015
    In msconfig i put disable all services i don't need
    AND after i have reinstalled Nero Platinum 2015
    AND Bingo: everything seems working ok now and my F:\volume (DVD_BR) is accesible and visible in windows explorer

THanks

Martial
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If 2015 is installed and updated and you've installed the Content pack satisfactorily, let tech support know that your problem is resolved.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm