Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2016 Compatability With DTS Audio

I just bought Nero 2016 Platinum and I've been trying to burn some video to a disc, but find that the audio is absent. When I import the file to Nero Video, so I can set up menus and chapters, the program says that the audio is in an unrecognizable format. After doing some digging around the forums I've come across some references that lead me to believe that Nero does not handle DTS encoded audio. I can't seem to find a list of what audio and video types Nero is supposed to be able to handle; so I can't confirm that the problem is related to DTS audio. The video that I get is often "mkv" format, and from what I can tell, the audio is DTS. Nero seems to have no problem with the "mkv" format video, but the audio is a problem. Is there an upgrade for the audio codex to expand or correct the audio capability of Nero?

I'm running Windows 7, IE 11, if that makes any difference.
1 person has
this problem
+1
    Hello,
    Nero 2016 Platinum doesn ́t support HD audio any longer including DTS.They did this with an update??? of the Nero core components this year in the spring.There is no legal chance to get this function back.Its sad but true!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m frustrated
    Is there any other add-on or other program that can convert the DTS Audio into a format that Nero can then deal with? If not, can I get my money back, since I just bought this two days ago?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• It seems their activation routine also stops the support for DTS. I've just reinstalled the original release version of 2016 platinum which I know supported DTS audio but now after it asks for activation I got an error message saying the audio wasn't supported under the license. I think that's really naughty to cripple my software this way.
    • view 1 more comment
    • Lucky Phil. I knew they had done this in an update as I was affected by that. This left a bad taste and I've declined every offer they've come up with to upgrade as a result. However, I didn't think the original file would be affected but of course as they insist on you activating this disables the feature. For this to no longer work they must have placed something on my PC which is also very naughty. Clearly Nero is a company that respects its users. Not. This is especially annoying as I haven't updated as I installed from the original file so anybody else who declined the update from last year and who had already activated will still be using DTS audio. Nero should not be crippling people's software in this manner. It was one of the features shown on their original marketing and they've now disabled it. That surely is a breach of trade description? Maybe, I can't do anything about it apart from giving poor reviews on FB et al, and will no longer even considering them when they bring out the so called update they charge for every year.
    • Is it possible there are silly charges suddenly to license or something?
      Or started using another library for rendering - but that would be in their control at least and inexcusible.

But looked in manuals for my current hdmi monitor, used as tv, and my last bought dvd player - dts not supported.

My older dvd-player have some setting to convert to pcm or similar.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm