Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2016, Nero video problem.

I installed and reinstalled Nero 2016 for three times but when starting Nero video i get error that some parts can't be found "please reinstal the product". Installed it under Windows 10 pro N 64bit.
4 people have
this problem
+1
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I use Wikipedia frequently but didn't think to go there today. All I could find is that there are 7 versions of Win 10 and N wasn't mentioned for any of them. The Wiki article demolishes everything I read.

Are you in one of those countries that the N and KN were created for?

Given the long list of things a N version can't do, including many of the things that Nero Video is specifically designed for, that may be a problem.

If I remember correctly, a Nero Employee said that v2014 was not supported in a N version of 7 or 8. I'd have to research it.

Best I can tell you is to send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com. Let me know what they have to say.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yes, i live in Holland, wich is a country the N edition is created for. It doesn't have a Media Feature Pack installed. I have written to tech support. I will let you know what they say. Maybe i just have to instal the Media Feature Pack (hope it is that easy).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I didn't wait for tech support reply, but installed the Media Feature Pack.
    https://www.microsoft.com/nl-NL/downl...
    This worked, i can use Nero video now!
    I am happy. But i do think Nero should not be dependable of Microsoft software, but should build in the components it needs to run.....
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Dear Mr. Verberne,

thank you for your e-mail.

In order to analyze your problem properly, we require some additional information.

To get the installation log files, it will be necessary to manually collect them after the installation process. Start the Nero installation again.
    The installation process will be logged and saved into a MSI log file.After the installation of Nero ended, open your Windows Explorer and enter in the address field %temp%. In the temp directory should be a MSIx.log (x for installationnumber) file. Please send us this log file that we can analyze the failed installation process.

Please also create a logfile with the help of the Getsupportfile. Use the following steps:

http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id...

Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking the EXE-file.-> The “C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe” window opens.The tool may take several minutes. You can track the single steps in the displayed window.

After the tool has successfully run you will find a file named “NeroSupport.cab” on your desktop. Please send us both file as an e-mail attachment.

Additionally, we would like to point out some details of the “GetSupportFiles” tool.The following information will be gathered:

- All available log files of different Nero applications.
    - System information gathered by the Windows tool “MSInfo32.
    - Information on the installed DirectX version. For this, the Windows application “DXDiag” will be used.
    - The “SchedLgU.txt” log file. This file contains information on currently scheduled tasks (e.g. the JobScheduler in Nero BackItUp).
    - Extracts from the registry:
    a. Information on the settings with which Nero applications run.
    b. Information on how the CD/DVD drives have been installed.
    Please note:
    If the “GetSupportFiles” tool crashes then simply start it again.
    When the tool is started again it will automatically recognize the particular program that caused the crash. As a result,that diagnostics program will be omitted.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards

Gregory Fernandez
    Nero Support

Nero Development and Services GmbH
    Rueppurrer Strasse 1a
    76137 Karlsruhe
    Germany
    Fax : +49 (0)721 6272 6499
    http://www.nero.com

NERO – SIMPLY ENJOYTM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Geschaeftsfuehrer/Managing Director: Ingo Sesemann District Court/Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 706530
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ticket_category_code=InstL2
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I forgot to say thank you Wither 1, for the golden tip you gave!!:)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• You made me look at the Media pack, wich N versions don't have.
    I replied tech-support, why Nero doesn't add all features requiered in the install package.
    This is their replie:
    Unfortunately the Microsoft "Media feature Pack" is part of Windows MediaPlayer, which is not included at Windows "N" editions.

The Windows MediaPlayer or at minimum the Media feature Pack is required for several functions at our software which is also described at the minimum system requirements for our products.

This Microsoft "Media feature Pack" cannot be distributed from us due legal reasons.
    Thank your for your understanding.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm