Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m very frustrated. It was a time sensitive project

Nero 2016 software won't install-without it reverting to Trial Copy

I was running the Trial version of Nero 2016 Platinum and then went ahead and bought the download. However when I load it, it still reverts to the Trial which prevents me from some functions. While I have tried uninstalling and re-installing a number of times, Nero TuneItUp remains listed in my Control Panel Program List--and says "an error occurred in uninstalling it--and it may be uninstalled". Nero support suggested downloading and using Nero FirstAidKit to remove all Nero software, which I did. But on reloading my bought download, it again defaults to the Trial version. I am assuming it is the leftover TuneItUp that may becausing this but can't seem to remove it properly. I need to use Nero Video but can't export vodeo while still in Trial Version.
Nero Support is slow to respond so I have been wrestling with this for a week now. Any help appreciated. Am using Windows 10 64 bit.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Richard,
    Can you confirm that the serial number you paid for is showing in the Nero Control Center / Serial Numbers section?

It should be 39 characters long including the hyphens.

DO NOT post it up here though, this is a public forum.

If not, try the "Add" button in there to enter it in.

If the "trial" serial number is there also ... right-click on the trial serial number and "Remove" that one.

You might need a restart of the computer for the change to take effect?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thanks. I thought I had pasted in the serial number but perhaps not so re-did it and it now works.
    However, in the Video section, I tried to export a slide show video for computer and when it played back it stuck on first two slides and stuttered back and forth. Another issue all together!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited