Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2016 video chapter volume

when selecting a chapter menu the volume is at max. I turn it down and burn a DVD and find it still plays at max volume and the saved file when reopened shows the sound back at maximum. Am unable to control the volume.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • The volume controls during preview don't change the volume on the burned disc.

Maybe it's a stupid question but, can't you turn down the volume during playback? Perhaps I'm not understanding the problem completely.

You can adjust the volume of the audio while editing your project before going to the menu editing screen.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• The volume on the video is fine it's the volume of the chapter selection that's very loud.

I have to turn the TV volume down to 3 while the chapter selection is playing then back up to the (normal setting) 2 to listen to the video.

I have been using the 3D smart chapter templates.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Interesting since the only thing that has audio is the video, unless you added an audio file.

Are you using a Titles and Chapters menu? If so, does the Title menu play as loud as the chapter menu?

Which 3D template are you using or, doesn't it matter?
    • view 1 more comment
    • Since you know so much and have so much time, why don't you routinely help these people. That's what a user forum is for. It seems that you're always late to the party to cast aspersions on me. I'm just trying to get information from him so I can test (if I have time) on the same page.
    • Wither 1,

Why don't I routinely help? Didn't I help you in this topic? I'm not here to "routinely help". Occasionally, I look in and see something that interests me or that I feel I can definitely help with. Surely you recall Jens, a Nero employee/programmer, that announced one day that he would limit his further posts only to topics he knew something about? His participation dropped significantly! (Some time later, he left Nero entirely.) I think it's a good rule for all participants. Do you agree?

Here's a quote from an interesting article that covers the pros and cons of companies spending money to provide a user community:

"The whole point of an online forum is to create a space that connects customers with companies and customers with one another," says Keith Messick, vice president of marketing for Get Satisfaction, a San Francisco-based company that offers a software-as-a-service online community solution. "It's a great way to engage customers and a great way to get people passionate about your brand or company." (https://www.inc.com/guides/2010/04/us...).

I think the entire article could be summarized by simply saying that companies spend money on user communities because they are convinced it will increase the bottom line. In another topic, you recently expressed the opinion that your participation has saved Nero a lot of money. Is that your goal?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks for everyone's help I have turned off the sound in the template custom menu and tried both turning off the sound in the predefined background menu off and changing to a audio file which helps some but it still plays the predefined when the chapter menu comes up.

I have tried a couple of the 3D smart menus with the same result. I will have to use a 2D menu for now. Funny thing is it the chapter sounds a little a little bit louder on the computer before burning but a whole lot louder once burnt. The other thing is I made a DVD using the same 3D menu a few weeks ago without this problem. pity there is no volume control for the chapter menus.
    Maybe an uninstall and reinstall will cure it.
    Thanks again everyone for your help
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm