Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2016 won't import my video files!

My Nero 2016 will not import any videos into the editor. Nero 2015, which is still installed, does and works fine. I get no error messages, video files are selected but nothing happens. My system is a Windows 10, 64 bit.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Paul,
    It might be a case of the "cache" folders becoming corrupt. You can delete the Nero Video "Cache" folder contents, and they will be re-initiated when Nero Video starts up again.

(Substitute your Windows user name instead of "YOUR USER NAME" in the paths below ...)

Where to do the deleting:

For Nero 2016 :

(1)
    Delete the folder "Nero Vision" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Nero\Nero 2016

(2)
    Delete the folder "SharedMediaData" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Nero

(3)
    Delete the folder "Nero Vision" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 2016

Note: The above folders are usually "hidden" folders in Windows, so you might have to use the "View" Tab in Windows File Explorer to show hidden files from C:\users\YOUR USER NAME
    and below.

If the above doesn't work, it might need a reboot of your computer ... also, check that your 39 character - including the hyphens - serial number for Nero 2016 is showing correctly in the Nero ControlCenter / Serial numbers area.
    • view 3 more comments
    • The "SharedMediaData" file was deleted, found it was in Recycle bin. Assume it was a very large file and took some time to delete.
    • Good to hear that you had some luck :)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m happy
    Wow! This works fine now! Thanks so much! Of course, I never would have figured this out myself! I can't wait to use Nero 2016 now!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hello. I think I'm having the same problem. I tried everything in your reply. Is there something else I can try?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm