Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

NERO 2017 - NERO Video

So I have been using NERO VIDEO in 2017 for a couple weeks. Now when I go to create a new DVD and I add the video I want. I see it is re-analyzing any video I ever put into NERO VIDEO even though each time I use it and exit I do NOT save the log file or my project. How can I get that cleared out so it only analyzes the videos I am currently working with.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • I don't think there's anything you can do about it. Normally, for any version of Nero, it will only periodically analyze a set of older files. It doesn't do it often enough for me to make a fuss about it. Of course, like you, I don't like it.

You can always bring it to the attention of tech support.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• How can I do that? I thought posting it here would have tech support look at it. Isn't there a way to tell it to disregard a video completely, when you are done with a project. FYI, shortly after I posted the initial question I did a mock, just added 2 videos to a new project in a new session and did not see it parse old videos. But the prior time I made a disc is when I saw it. I was concerned at first thinking it was trying to include videos from a disk I made a week earlier and was completely done with. Is there any kind of CLEAR ALL HISTORY in Nero Video. I use it to make DVD Videos of various TV shows I download in mp4 format. Typically 4 or 3 episodes on one disk.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• This is primarily a users forum. Nero employees have been more active in the forum lately but typically, issues inherent in the software is handled by going to tech support.

You can do that by going to nero.com, support (bottom of the page), contact, technical support. Submit the contact form

I would rather that they handle this instead of telling you some folders or files to delete which may or may not modify this behavior.

As I said, in my experience, what you're seeing doesn't happen very frequently and it's not restricted to v2017.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks, was not able to submit this to tech support, form would not work for me. Do you have a direct email address? Also, I have a few questions on settings in NERO 2017 VIDEO.

Can I change defaults of any of these?

1. Can I make it default to "create chapters automatically"? I hate having to remember to check this each time.

2. Can I change the way it creates the chapters? Right now it seems like it's about 2 mins' I'd like to change that to 5 minutes.

3. Can I change the default colors for the layout? I like to use a color that stands out from the rest of the screen for INTERACTION - HIGHLIGHT COLOR.

Thanks!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• There's no direct e-mail address. What didn't work?

There is a so called automatic chapter creation in the content screen but, in reality, it simply finds chapters that are already in the video, if there are any.

Chapters are just markers which you can move to, using your remote, during playback. If you want chapters, you have to insert the chapter markers. Where are you seeing 2 minutes?

3. If you're talking about the menu background, you can select Customize, Background, Color and specify the color.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Most of what I am recording are MP4's of various TV Shows that I was able to d/l off the net. No existing chapter markers, so I have made DVD's with the "create chapters automatically" box checked and it makes each chapter every 2 minutes (I tested this with time display). But every once in a while I forget to tick off that box, so I would like to make that the default, as well as increase that time interval it uses to 5 minutes.

As to #3, I do go in and CUSTOMIZE, the find INTERACTION and HIGHLIGHT COLOR and change them. But I would like to make it stay that way. No I am not talking about the backgroud. I usually use ORBIT menu (which is predominantly various shades of purple/pink). I change the HIGHLIGHT - INTERACTION to a very light blue which makes it MUCH EASIER to see which Menu Selection is highlighted, before I press ENTER to select a given Title.

So is there some kind of INI file or Registry Hack I could use to change these defaults to the values I would like.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• As I mentioned, the Create Chapters Automatically finds chapters that already exist in the video. They may not be visible, initially, when you import your files.

You can save a custom template for reuse. After you've customized the menu, click on the Save as Template icon on the left hand side underneath the view screen and give it a name. The next time you need it, select Template to use. The template will be available.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm