Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero 2017 Platinum and Windows 10: Burning ROM has stopped working

Burning ROM has stopped burning CDs. I install Nero 2017 Platinum early this year and have had no issues to date. I've been able to copy CDs, create CDs from .flac and.wav files. Now, after I've completed my selections and made any edits, I get this screen whether a CD is in the burner or not:

When I push the drawer into the burner, the title bar briefly changes to read (Not Responding) then returns to the above. I thought I had found a fix in a suggestion to install a Windows !0 Update KB4015438 but its for Windows 10 Version 1607 and I have Windows !0 Version 1703. I tried installing the update anyway and get a message its not suitable for my PC. I saw another suggesting setting the burn speed lower. I normally use 16X but tried 4X and it failed as before.

The last thing I had been able to do was to burn some .mp4 files to a DVD and .jpg files to a CD. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FYI, tried posting this with the Windows 10 app with no success.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • In order to install that update you would need to first set the Windows Updater to not check for updates and then reboot. Elsewise, you will get that message. However, I don't remember the problems caused in Nero by the update prior to that one being anything like yours.

It could be as simple as a bad disc or batch of discs.

It seems to me that other people have reported the same issue using the Creator version but I can't find the thread (s).

I suggest that you go here-

http://www.nero.com/enu/support/conta...

and submit the contact form.

If you do, please let us know what they have to say.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m confident
    Windows 10 identified the DVD as working but I found I couldn't play a commercial CD, DVD or play a game requiring the CD in the PC. Replaced the unit with a Samsung SH-224 and every thing is working. The original was dated Sept. 2013 so maybe I was lucky getting four years out of it but don't know why Device Manager said it was working properly.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m confident
    Problem solved. Even though Windows 10 said the burner was working, it couldn't play a commercial music CD, one I burned or read a CD to play a game.

It was a DVD Writer Model SH-216. I found a Samsung Model SH-224, swapped them out and everything is fine. I burned a CD and played another. Can't say why Windows couldn't identify the failure.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited