Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2017 platinum - Mediahome downloads files from the cloud (Onedrive)

I have an SSD with 256GB space. When MediaHome searched for media it found my pics and music on the cloud and started to download them to my SSD. How do I stop the download of the files? It appears to have triggered OneDrive to also host the content locally. I have removed the files locally but would like to still use MediaHome, without the many GB's on my SSD. Is that possible?

Many thanks

Jo
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Maz-

I can't run the latest version of Nero MediaHome so, I'll give you instructions for the old one and hopefully, you can find the option I'm talking about.

Go to Options, Library.

Remove everything from the Library. Then, manually add the folders which contain the files you most often access.

Does that help?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi Maz, it sounds to me that you are using Windows 10 and have enabled the "Files On-Demand" feature. https://support.office.com/en-us/arti...
    In this case you will see Windows Notifications showing up on the right side of your desktop saying something "Nero MediaHome started to download...." and there is also a function "Block this application from downloading". Please use it. BTW, in the next generation of the Nero Suite upcoming in fall you will be able to see the files in your local Nero MediaHome library even they are not downloaded.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thank you for the prompt responses.

Ok, Since5.5, I did what you recommended above.

I now only have some of the thumbnails of pictures from OneDrive and I can live with that for now. The new nero suite in Fall, will that be an update to 2017 or do I have to pay again for a new version? The current version is not fulfilling my needs.

Wither, I don't store any picture or music files on my SSD, they are only on OneDrive. It appears that the solution Since5.5 offered is ok for now. Still doesn't give me full access but I can see some of the picture thumbnails.

Thank you!
    Cheers, Joe
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The new suite will be v2019 and you will have to purchase it. That's an "upgrade." "Updates" to a particular version are free but only apply to that version.

It seems to me, based on another thread concerning OneDrive, that one needs to "share" files from OneDrive to see all of them.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated