Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2017 stopped displaying some installed fonts after upgrading from Nero 12.

When I upgraded from Nero 12 to 2017 Platinum, the Calligraph421 BT font (as well as some others) started displaying as the default Arial when I select them. All of the fonts still show up in Nero's font list, as well as the main list of Windows fonts, and I've even tried uninstalling/reinstalling them several times, but with no luck. I've tested the fonts in other programs, such as Notepad, and they all display them fine. The big problem is that the CBT font was an integral part of a large project I had to transfer from Nero 12 to 2017. I'm running Windows 7, and I've tried using Admin access to Nero as well, and I also tried just plain restarting the areas with new text, just to get those out of the way. Any suggestions?
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Don't know that I can help but want to understand the problem better. Are you saying all the fonts are listed but they all look like Arial?

Do they work right in a newly created project in 17?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• All of the fonts appear in Nero's list, but when some (NOT ALL) of them are selected, they display as if Arial was selected (even though the defective ones still appear as the selected font). I've tested every listed font individually by entering a brief text with them, then switching to Arial, and the defective ones display the same as Arial. This only happens in Nero 2017, and the fonts all work fine in other programs. Also, this also never happened in Nero 12. I've included an image of how the "Calligraph421 BT" is selected on the left, but the Arial font is what appears (even after clicking "Done"). This happens with multiple fonts.

I tried making a few new projects in 17, but still have the same results. This is such an unusual problem, and nothing like this has ever happened, so it's a little hard to explain it all. :)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Please try this edit the text. Click on the flyout of the fonts choose any font. After that choose your cbt font.
    Does this help?
    • Jbass (Employee),

Jim indicated in his topic description that he has a problem since updating from Nero 12 to Nero 2017. In other words, he is an experienced Nero Video user. Perhaps, it would be better to do a little testing yourself and thus confirm his complaint. Well, I've done it for you and the results are here in this ~90 second video on YouTube:

In other words, the issue did not exist in Nero 2104, but does exist in Nero 2015 (not shown), 2016 (not shown), and 2017.

Will you or another of the Nero employees be acknowledging this bug any time soon?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I think that's what he's been trying.

Jim, Does it still work in 2012? Whenever I've "upgraded", the old version was still there so I thought maybe it's still installed on yours.

If so, maybe use that version for your project til you can figure this out. Unless there is some feature you need from '17.

Also, that said, if the old version is still there, I think the next thing I would try is (BACKUP YOUR STUFF FIRST). deleting all Nero versions, including cleaning out any NERO related folders in c:/program files and/or program files (x86), do a registry cleanup (heck maybe even a disk defrag while I'm at it , reboot, and reinstall '17

Note; If it's working in '12, make sure you have the source in case you want to go back to it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was removed on 2017-08-16.
    see the change log
  • Actually, the only reason I upgraded to Nero 2017 is because 12 completely stopped working and eventually started crashing the entire computer when I would open it! No one could figure out why. Even when I would do a clean uninstall/reinstall of it, which I did try many times, it still crashed. I do still have my copy of 12 backed up, but I'm hesitant to try it again, because I imagine I'd just get the same result.

I also still have my copy of 2014, but I found changes in the interface and other options harder to use, so I went back to 12. 2017 works much smoother, so that's what I've been using since then.

Oh, and I already tried a clean reinstall of 17, with no luck.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Jim,

As I have indicated above, I have replicated the font issue. Since then, Bill posted that he was able to use the font, but didn't provide a screenshot. He has since deleted that post. Have you contacted Nero Tech Support?

Support Issues

Help with issues involving recent Nero versions can be obtained directly from Nero by using the email contact form at Technical Support via e-mail. This requires a valid product serial number which has the form XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX (8 groups of 4 characters/digits separated by dashes. Note: The serial number will not have the letter 'O'. Since this is a public forum, DO NOT post your serial number. If your serial number is not accepted, use the contact form at Nero Customer Service.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yeah I deleted it because I had completely misread something and responded to something that wasn't there. I don't know I might've mixed up two threads or something. But later realized my mistake.

I did get that font to work though. A difference is I am on windows 10. I had to add the font to my computer but it cane right up no problem. As far as I can tell all of them are working. So it could be an O/S related problem

Were you able to test on 7, Omega? Great handle , btw! I've felt like that with some software
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I could recreate it and I have forwarded to developer team.
    @ Omega Tester & @ Jim
    Thank you
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm