Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2017 Video Problem When Burning Disk

I edited a 3 hour H D movie and put 8 chapters in it. The video played properly when I previewed the results before burning the Blue Ray disk. The burned disk starts playing OK, but when I reach the point that puts me beyond the first few chapters, the playing of the disk crawls to a halt. I can not advance to chapters beyond the first two chapters as the player just hangs up playing the disk. I tried fast forwarding the disk but when I got past the first two chapters, the player hung up again. I have used several different video players and got poor results on all of them. Several players do not recognize my burner as a Blue Ray player (even the Nero Player). I have also used a Sony Blue Ray portable DVD player to look at the video and got the same results. I tried playing it on another computer with the same results. I am using a jVC BD-R LTH type disk.

I suspect that the problem has to do with the one big file (18 GB) recorded on the disk. If I play just this file, I also get hangups after the first part of the file. I suspect that this is why the chapter feature will not work.

Why would the preview work, if the program has a problem with the video file (m2ts) used? Why would the DVD file have a problem when I have played the source video many times with no problem.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Jerry,
    A couple of things to try ...

Set the quality to "Automatic (fit to disk)" under the Recording Format Settings and at the burn screen stage, try changing the Recording Settings - Burn Speed to a lower speed. (2X or even 1X) for a better quality burn.

• (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• The question, to me, is whether or not the firmware for your optical drive that you're burning with the latest? Older drives need a firmware update to accommodate LTH.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• My problem turned out to have two causes: My DVD burner and my video file. I scanned the video file completely and found that a small section of the video had problems that kept the video editor from creating a good video file. Replacing the video file allowed my video editor to create a good edited video image file. However, my drive would still not properly read the disk created from this file. I tried updating the firmware on this drive, but the firmware update program did not recognize the drive (The video editor program and the Burning ROM program recognized my drive as a Blue Ray drive). I have had this problem with other programs recognizing my Blue Ray drives (including my Nero Media Home program). I replaced the drive and had the same Blue Ray drive recognizing problem. The new drive, however, did fix my problem of being able to read the burned disk. I do not know how my old drive was able to burn a good disk but was unable to read it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm