Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2018 Problem

I have used the Smart Start 10 program using DVDFAB to extract the Main Movie from a movie DVD. I use the Video-Photo option, then the Convert Video option, then the Recode Main Movie to DVD option, and then I import the DVD files from the DVDFAB folder and burn the Main Movie to a 4.7G DVD without selecting the 8.5G DVD option. I purchased the Nero 2018 program a year ago and I could swear I managed to burn a DVD video the same way with Nero 2018 as I did with Nero Smart Start once or twice. But since that time I have not been able to do it again. I have tried using Nero Burning ROM, Express, Video, Recode, etc., and am apparently doing something wrong. 
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi John-

The actual problem is not clear. Please elaborate?

Note that v2018 may be detecting copy protection in your movie. The process you use is not guaranteed to remove that if your taking the movie from a commercial disc.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• DVDFAB can extract the Main Movie from the DVD and leave only the un-copy protected results.  
    With 2018 i could burn a 4.7G or 8.5G copy of the Main Movie, usually 4.7G, with the Nero Smart Start 10 program using the Video-Photo, Convert Video, then Recode Main Movie to DVD options.
    I am now trying to use Nero 2018 to do the same thing and cannot figure out how to do it.  I have tried the Nero Video, Recode, Burning Rom, & Express options but still cannot figure out how to do the same thing i could with Nero Smart Start 10.  i know i am doing something wrong, but i do not know what.
    I just need to learn how to do with Nero 2018 what i could do with Nero Smart Start 10.
    Thanks, John
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• I assume the DVD is DVD-Video. You didn't say what happens when you try to use the video in any of the apps. For instance, what happens when you try to import it into Recode using Import Video, if DVDFab provides a standard video format. Usually, one would get the vts...........vob files.

Note that copy protection detection has improved (sort of) over the years and I'm still thinking that's the issue.

Would you upload whatever it is that DVDFab gives you to a cloud service such as dropbox.com, wetransfer, etc. Share it to everyone and then get a link to it and post the link here.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• DVDFAB files are .VOB files.  The copy protection does not affect Nero Smart Start 10, so i would not expect it to affect Nero 2018. Trying to import vob files from DVDFAB into Nero 2018 Recode using the Import Video produces an error:  IMPORT FAILED--Nero Recode could not import the following files: c:\data\fabdvd\main movie\stat_trek_discovery_s2_d1\\video_ts\video_ts.ifo and the same error ending in \vts_01_0.ifo.  So apparently Nero 2018 Recode does not know what to do with the IFO files.  any other suggestions?  My email is jrcoleman502@gmail.com
    i do not use any cloud services.
    Thanks, John
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• John,

You can probably use the free XMedia Recode to recode the files.

Assuming that "i do not use any cloud services. meant that you don't subscribe to any, you can provide one of the VOBs without charge at WeTransfer.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I am not familiar with cloud services and how to use them, or with the XMedia Recode program and where to get it.  I do not subscribe to any cloud services.  I have downloade XMedia Recode and am going to try and use it.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The path you gave shows it's an ifo file. It can't import a ifo file in the absence of the other files..

Instead of selecting Import Video, select Import DVD Structure and select the Video_TS folder. Does it import that? If not, what's the error message.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm