Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero 2018 will not play gopro HEVC audio in sync with video

I upgraded from 2017 Platinum to try and sort this out but it hasn't. I can play the files without any problems in DivX player but I use nero video for editing and it wont play the audio in sync with the video.

Do you have a new codec or can I force nero video to use the DivX codec
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Would you try importing one of your files into Recode and recoding it to mpeg-4? Then try it in Nero Video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I imported 3 files into recode, 2 were showing problems with the sound. After converting to mpeg-4 the sound was fixed where there was a problem but,

1 x file was originally 4k x 60fps which was recoded to 1920 x 1080 x 60fps.

1 x file was 2.7K x 120fps which was recoded to 1920 x 1080 x 60fps

1 x file was 1920 x 1080 x 240fps which was recoded to 1920 x 1080 x 60fps

Not sure if this correct but I've lost my high frame rate
    • The sound problem was probably due to dropped frames in the video which you can't see during playback. We see that often with AVCHD from cameras. Sometimes, Recode will fix that but sometimes, one has to use something like tsmuxer to convert it to a .ts file.

Note that there is no media for burning higher than 1920x1080 so I don't think you can get a higher resolution in Nero. Maybe Since5.5 will correct me.

Your frame rate is 60 fps in all cases so that didn't change.

Please provide a file as requested by Since5.5.
    • I could still edit a 4K or 2.7K file in Nero Video if it was in sync and play it direct to the tv. I know you cannot burn above full hd. I'll sort the file for Since 5.5
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Could you please download and run the tool MediaInfo and post the text output here? https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
    As alternative you could also provide a download link for a source file here (e.g. via OneDrive/Dropbox/Google drive etc.).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hope this is what you need:

General
    Complete name : E:\GOPRO\Imported Pictures\2017-10-25\HERO 6 BLACK 7\3. 2.7K - 120fps - NO GOOD.MP4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media / Version 1
    Codec ID : mp41 (mp41)
    File size : 171 MiB
    Duration : 21 s 312 ms
    Overall bit rate : 67.3 Mb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2017-10-25 14:59:21
    Tagged date : UTC 2017-10-25 14:59:21
    ©xyz : +55.2220-001.5609/

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main@L5.1@Main
    Codec ID : hvc1
    Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Duration : 21 s 296 ms
    Bit rate : 67.0 Mb/s
    Width : 2 704 pixels
    Height : 1 520 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 119.880 (120000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.136
    Stream size : 170 MiB (100%)
    Title : GoPro H.265
    Language : English
    Color range : Full
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
    Duration : 21 s 312 ms
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 kb/s
    Nominal bit rate : 48.0 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 492 KiB (0%)
    Title : GoPro AAC
    Language : English

Other #1
    Type : meta
    Duration : 21 s 21 ms
    Bit rate mode : VBR

Other #2
    Type : meta
    mdhd_Duration : 21296
    Bit rate mode : VBR
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• In Dropbox, click on the Share button for your file. Click on "Get Link." Then select Copy Link. Paste it here.

Honestly, I don't know why we need your file since recoding it has solved the problem. I asked you to make the file available in deference to Since5.5, a Nero employee. If you provide the link, Since5.5 and I can test it out in v2018. Since5.5 may not be available until Monday since Nero employees don't work on the weekends.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I might stand corrected here but if I import a high frame rate video into nero video it remains high rate for editing (slow Motion) until I actually save the file, then the maximum save rate is 60fps

But anyway I would prefer not to have to recode around 80GB of video footage every time I come in from filming before I can edit it in nero video.

This link should get you access to one of the files that has the audio sync problem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/brv1c1kqn6v...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• the file does not even play properly through that link. If you are still want the file I can give you temp access to the box to download it
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Dummy me. In your last screenshots, I see the fps is 120. Then, I went back through the thread and saw in an earlier post that the various files went all the way up to 240 fps. I don't know how you're getting those higher rates but standard HVEC 265 is 60 fps. I couldn't find where anyone is using those frame rates and I don't know what the benefit is.

I was able to download the file from dropbox. Just as you said, it's out of sync in Nero Video and, after recoding with Recode, it played in sync in Nero Video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• These are standard settings for the GoPro Hero 6 Black, they make for better slow motion for fast action scenes.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Please see attachments taken from the handbook for the GoPro Hero 6 Black. It shows the higher options for fps capture for slow motion. The highlighted rates are captured in h265 the rest are h264
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was removed on 2017-10-29.
    see the change log
  • Hi Mick, Thank you very much for providing the file. I also have difficulties to play it fluently on my Intel Core i5-6300 laptop. As your goal is to apply some editing and play it on the TV in Full HD afterwards I recommend you to do the following before the editing: Drag and drop all source files you want to use on the Nero Recode drop zone and to select "Home Entertainment > TV" as output profile and start the encoding. Afterwards you can use the generated files easily in Nero Video to edit your movie. I just tried this with the sample you provided and it works very well.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was removed on 2017-10-29.
    see the change log
  • Since5.5. I'm not sure this gets me what I want. Correct me if I'm wrong but If I was able to import one of the higher rate movie clips straight into nero video I would be editing a file that was captured in lets say 4K or 2.7K at the higher rate fps which uses the h265 coding. I could then introduce slow motion speeds to certain parts of that vide clip before saving the completed video in the resolution it was recorded in but with an output of 60fps. I know if I try and burn the movie clip it will be in full hd only but if I output the video as an electronic file I can keep the higher resolution which I can play on my 4k tv.

If I run the video through recode then I start with a file of reduced resolution and 60fps which gives a reduced form of slow motion of fast action shots.

Like I say, I'm not exactly sure that what I'm looking to do is correct or possible
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi, yes, this is also my understanding. However editing such files directly will be tricky if the preview is not fluent. If you still want to go that way you can maybe use the feature "background rendering". You can enable it in Options > Application Settings > Editing. It will reduce the files during the editing on -the-fly but during the final export it will utilize the original files. While is is doing the calculations a small progress indicator will appear. Just wait till it is 100% and continue editing.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi, this sounds even more complicated. I only purchased Nero Platinum 2017 earlier this year and went to the expense of upgrading to 2018 believing this would sort out my problem and it hasn't. (How can DivX Player play the files ok when Nero will not)?

I usually chop my movies up into pieces after importing them into Nero Video without deleting anything then apply slow motion to the sections that I want to view in slow motion. I was hoping to be able to do that with an original file with a high fps. I appreciate your workaround and I will try it but I think I'll end up spending even more time sitting here messing around trying to get things right.

Is it a codec problem in Nero? is there any way I can force it to use a codec outside of the application so it works?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Mick, I assume that the DivX player is using the graphics processor (GPU) for decoding while we are using the CPU. Unfortunately this cannot be changed. I hope that the "Background rendering" will provide you with the desired results.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm