Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2019 Platinum will not install content packs

I have had problems installing Nero 2019 Platinum. I use Windows 7 Ultimate ( due to software compatibility issues ) and I got a lot of failed installations and then I realized that NERO supplies a file called Nero_Platinum2019-1.12.0.1_stub.exe and that using this as an install file seems to be a failure with any version of Windows. Once I discovered that in addition to the above, there is a file called Nero_Platinum2019-20.0.05900.exe and I used that, then my install proceeded normally. That problem solved, I then tried to install the Nero_LifeThemesPRO_2019-20.0.01600.exe pack which installed properly. Greatly heartened, I progressed but when I tried to install the 2 content packs from the Nero_ContentPack1_2019-20.0.01400.exe and Nero_ContentPack2_2019-20.0.01300.exe supplied files, all hell broke loose.
First I got a Data Error which stopped the installation and then a Blue Screen which needed the machine to be restarted for both content packs. I assumed that there had been an error in download but when I tried to re-download the files, I was advised that my download rights had expired 4 hours previously. Please advise me how to get these files to install without disabling my machine ?

1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Ouch...quite a journey. I also assume the download was broken somehow. You can download the content packs via the tsub installer right from within the Nero Launcher or from here (scroll down a bit) http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads/
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• In my case, I purchased the Nero 2019 Platinum today (Windows 7 pro). The *stub* installed the main suite without any issues. I then installed content 1 from the control start page of Nero start. When tried to install content 2 it went through download, extract, install but ended up with a box with a number 1151 or similar. The start page showed content 1 installed, but content 2 and the life themes buttons of nero contents remained uninstalled! Same sequence, same error. I wonder what is going on.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi Rb-

Open the Nero ControlCenter. In Serial Numbers, is your serial number shown and is it correct? Are there any other serial numbers such as that for the trial version. If so, you can remove it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m confused due to lack of instructions or documentation!
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did and there is only one serial number in the sub-window, the same as you sent when I purchased the nero platinum 2019 suite. I did not get any trial version and purchased the product from the get go!

Now I see a list of software some of which (executables) got installed already during the main installation. I am a little confused now as to which ones I should install/add? NO documentation about these were available, so perhaps you could suggest which ones should I install from this long list to acquire content -2 and the life themes which are not getting installed from the two executables, as mentioned by me. (5 jpegs attached)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• The suite isn't installed properly. I mean, it's saying you can install Burning Rom and that's part of every suite. However, a lot of things shown are for Content Pack 2.

The stub installer is used to download the trial and Platinum is enabled when you enter your purchased serial number. Of course, the Content Pack 2 has to installed to get those Platinum features.

I suggest that you select everything and try to install it. If you get a error message, please either get a screen shot or right down the exact error message.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Attached is the error message that I get when trying to download the files from the control centre. It does not make sense because I checked right away -- my internet was working perfectly (I did google searches, visited different sites including downloading files through different sites, including downloading from the NERO site (from my license email link) to test and all operations indicated that internet connection was working flawlessly!

And when I tried to execute the downloaded file (from the license email link) it seemed to be doing well, extracting, installing and at the end of it I got the same error box with just a number 1158 -- but nothing installed ...!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m frustrated and yes a little sad too
    So, I turned off wifi, paused all antivirus software, applied the Windows 7 compatibility options to the executable for the contents 2 as well as the Life themes PRO (both from the original downloads, a second download and a third download (antivirus off, just in case). All of those three sets had the identical file size (bytes), so it is unlikely that any of those files could be different or corrupt etc. But I still got the 1158 message. During the extraction phase of installation, I noticed that up to 99% the extraction was all right but then it never showed 100%. So, I am not sure where the problem lies, :-(

I ran each module of the Platinum suite. All programs ran without problems, so there was no installation error for the main program, in my understanding. It is just the content 2 and the life theme PRO where the installation did not work out. I have no clue what to do next.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your patience and much appreciated desire to help out.

Ranjan
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m happy and thankful!
    BINGO!
    It turned out that the *run as administrator* step was the critically-essential step! I tried again and this time the installation completed and another software "reboot validator" got installed as well and then in the NERO startup panel 2 buttons labelled NEW became visible. The day started out a bit cloudy, but sun is shining again.

Thanks for your help!

Ranjan
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm