Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2019 Recode fails to encode audio tracks

This has been a re-occurring problem that appears to be intermittant. I import a group of flac files for encoding to wav files and they work fine. Then I import another set of flac files and the encode process fails on all files. From this point on, all encoding fails even if I use the same files that worked previously. After I do a complete shut down and reboot, Recode will often start to work again(same files) but within 2-to-3 more flac file goups it begins to fail all encoding again. It seems as if lthere is a buffer that is not removing residual files and instead just backs up causing a failure for the encoding process. Is there a setting or adjustment I can try to eliminate this problem? I am clearing the project after each attempt to get a clean start for each encoding process. What else can I do?
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • I responded to some of your other concerns in another thread of yours but didn't get into specifics about your recoding problem.

The best thing for you to do to get tech support involved (despite what you were told earlier) is to open the Live Guide in Recode and use Report Issues to identify your problem.

Do that and, if you don't get a response by next Thursday, let me know.

If you do get a solution, please let us know here.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Based on your reply today in that other thread, we'll be following your problem here.

Since you had the same problem in v14, the resolution should apply to both versions. If that's the case, you can get either get a refund for v2019 or use both versions side by side. v2014 Platinum, but not v2019 Platinum, has the blu-ray player and the ability to decode HD audio. On the other hand v2019 incorporates fixes made since v14 plus additional upgrades, primarily in Platinum. I don't know if you have a stand-alone version of Nero Recode or if you have a Platinum suites of those versions.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thanks, Wither 1. I did uninstall Nero 2014 as a effort to solve the Recode problem but I still have my install disk and Serial Number. I may re-install that if I want to use Blu-ray player or decode HD audio. But first I want to get Recode working again. I'll keep you posted when I get a response from Nero Tech support. I have been a long time customer of Nero and don't intend to give up on them as some other posts indicated. They have always found solutions to my problems every since the Windows XP days and I trust they will find the cause with Windows 10(1809). Thanks again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither 1. Just received a response from Jacky(freshdesk.com) with instructions to provide my information. I sent two screen shots of the 1) error message and the 2) encoder failures along with the Nero Support.cab log files. I also used the Live Guide tab to report my issue based on your suggestion. I hope these to reports don't confuse the issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Thanks for the information. They should be able to work it out. Let me know how it turns out.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m thankful
    Hi Wither 1, back for an update. I did make contact with Nero Tech Support and they requested several logs after the error occurred. I also sent several flac files for their testing which proved to be OK. I renamed/replaced several .dll files and ran the Recode app but got the same errors. Then I was told to download an remote access app called TeamViewer and when run, automatically got an ID and Password which I emailed back to Nero TS. They signed in to my desktop and spent several hours checking all the logs and running tests and finally determined that the problem was one folder I was using as a destination. It turns out this particular folder was some how corrupted and when I created another folder for the destination. all the encoding worked fine. I ended up creating another folder for all the sub-folders, moved them to the new folder and tested the Recode app to all these folders which all resulted in successful transcodes. Problem solved! I am still wondering how this particular folder got corrupted, but all my encoding with Recode has been working so far. Thanks for you help and getting me setup with the Nero Tech Support team, they are awesome.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Who would have thought. :D Technology is wonderful, when it works.

Glad you got a resolution. They went above and beyond on this one.

Enjoy!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm