Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero 2019 Update Fatal Error

When trying to update from the Nero 2019 Nero Control Center. I check any box for update. The update downloads but installation always ends with fatal installation error with no indication about what went wrong. What's going on?
2 people have
this question
+1
  • Nero 2019 Install Failure Error 1603 Work Around
    I recently Uninstalled/removed all Nero 2017,2018 and 2019 which was not easy as the uninstall left many folders/file I had to manually delete with Windows safe mode Command file (Dos box). I then reinstalled Nero 2019 with Nero_Platinum2019-1.12.0.0_stub.exe which installed without error with Idrive Tray exited and Norton Security disabled (both parts). Later I got a Notification Icon for a Nero update. I tried to update with the Update box which popped up. The installation failed with no reason given. I found Nero.Update.log.2 which indicate the failure code was 1603. I then found in C:\Windows\Temp\{087F2EB3-5A2D-4F6F-8BDE-901D611CE4CB}\{F942C990-9AD6-4607-9C15-1021D8D859A8}\20.1.1039 which contained the installation files for the new Nero Launcher. I right clicked on nero.launcher.msi and clicked on Install ( with iDrive exited and Norton Security disabled. What ran was an normal windows installation. During the installation when removing files I got a box to the effect of "do you own this" several times. I clicked Retry each time and the installation continued to a successful conclusion. I got the log file MSI3179a.LOG which indicated that the installation was successful. I wonder if the Nero Update failed because it couldn't handle the removal of files which the windows installer gave me a chance to Retry the removal. At any rate, it seems as if the Nero Update has some serious problems. I have had numerous failures trying to use it and once had to rename NANotify.exe to NANotify.exe.old to get to Nero Video to make a DVD. I hope this info will help someone. I also hope Nero Support will respond to this entry.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Robert, 'During the installation when removing files I got a box to the effect of "do you own this" several times.' What is the detail of the "do you own this" box? If it is possible would you please upload a screenshot?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I always get the same Dialog Box several times during installation of LibreOffice. Attached are the two dialog boxes. Again, as with the installation of Nero Launcher, clicking on Retry cleared the Dialog Box 2 each time it appeared and the program continued with a successful installation.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have the same issue. My license has no renew forever.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi sevenday4, did you have this error in Nero ControlCenter while online updating?
    Would you please go to C:\Windows\temp and find the log 'Nero.Update.log.*', upload to any Cloud e.g. OneDrive, Google Drive and provide to us?
    Thanks!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• Hi JennyW, Nero updated. What I think happened was that another app was updating at the same time that Nero was trying to update. But once the app updated, Nero was able to update without issue. I guess Nero needed all the resources by itself in order to update. Thank you for your kindness and time.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi sevenday4, glad to hear that it finally worked.
    If it is possible would you please provide the log which was created when updating failed? We can check the reason and may improve the error message later.
    Thanks!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly