Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

nero 9-unusable as of today

I am suddenly getting a message "nero product required ....."
which won't allow me to continue what I was doing.I put in a new motherboard probably about a year ago and had to reinstall nero.I paid full price for nero 9 back in the day and purchased the blu ray option as well.what gives nero?
2 people have
this question
+1
next » « previous
  • I am letting it run more than a couple if minutes and just before the progress bar type program loads.it disappears,. Here is a shot of my Task Manager:

I also deleted all programs with Nero in Windows Firewall being the pc shouldn't know it Nero was ever installed:.

There is no Nero01 file.

Here are the c:\windows\temp screenshots:

When I open any of those files,I can't make heads or tails what is in them,in case you asked.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• You want Nero to be allowed in the Windows firewall. I asked you to disable it in case it was blocking Nero during the installation.

The Nero 01 file above the nro.log file in the local\temp folder was shorthand for NERO1006167. Sorry about that. I would still like to see a screenshot of it's contents.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• -tried with anti-virus and Windows Firewall disabled.Same result-disappears when trying to set up.

NERO1006167.
    If I click on setupx it just starts loading Nero setup.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I tried something new:
    I booted into safe mode,turned off Windows Firewall,turned off my anti-virus,ran 9.4.44 as administrator and started the install and got the next two screens:

then this:

I then went into reistry and deleted any signs of Nero and Ahead in users and machine,.

I then ran General Clean Tool and got this:

I then tried the first steps all over again with the same results even rebooting into regular mode and trying to install Nero,with it just disappearing at the end.

I need to know what to delete in registry,for sure,without damaging my registry or affecting other programs.For example HKLM / etc. because my pc knows that Nero is still in there .I know Nero loads tons of different registry items when it installs and
    I can make the time to do it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Open the nro.log file in the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Copy it's contents here.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m belonging in a straight jacket
    npi2_170411_104614

npi2_170411_104617
    is about twenty pages long and so on....
    I can only upload images files not text document files.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m belonging in a straight jacket
    Why can't you do as I ask? You rather me waste time sending info that will not change a thing.
    The only way-other than you telling me what Nero regedit files to delete in registry-I, feel to fix this problem is to reload Windows 7.Which I rather not do.You saw how well it loaded in Vista-so please do as I ask.Please try to work with me-and stop dogging me-hoping I'll give up.You have connections with Nero-just ask them for me what registry files since the General Clean Tool proves to be worthless to me.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I won't ask Nero to for any support on v9 or any versions older than v2015 and later except in the case of patent activations or serial numbers, if necessary.

I asked for that file because it may identify the problem. Why don't you just upload that file to filedropper.com and post the first link it provides after the upload is complete.

I have no idea what files related to Nero you should uninstall from the registry. There are 100's of them without the name Nero attached to them. I don't even know if that's the cause of the problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Let's start off with-Filedropper will cost me money-which I don't have(obviously) and I don't believe in a trial that may charge me later(holding my card number) and Firefox flagged it as an unsecure website. I can email you them in rar files.I tried it-it works.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I don't know why some people get that page when they go to filedropper.com. There's a separate page for uploading. Perhaps you need to set up an account.

I've never used 4shared but give it a try.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I told you earlier that one is about 10 pages long.
    I also said if you have google+ (almost everybody has one of those accounts) or twitter-I'm sure you twitter since you're a forum guy-we could go that route.
    And unless you can direct me to a free filedropper-I guess we are at a standstill.

Tell Nero they may want to make this forum more friendly user for people like you and me.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m pissed I wasted an hour..l.
    npi2_170411_104614

npi2_170411_104617

npi2_170411_130443:

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m pissed I wasted my Saturday afternoon..l.
    npi2_170411_130458

nps.log -

nsi.nrd.log -

ShellManager_Log -

These are all the files from-
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't know which comment go deleted.

I asked for the logs in a effort to find out where the problem is. However, the kind of errors it's giving, aren't something that I can technically work with. If there was something there that I could have used to help resolve your problem, then it wouldn't be a waste of time.

I don't have WordPad. The files normally open in NotePad for me and one can copy the contents.

I've told you before that I'm the only person here who's going to try to help you. I'm not a Nero employee. Maybe I should ask my girl, who is basically computer illiterate, to help. It doesn't help that you keep trying to do different things when I'm trying to do things systematically using the results of one attempted installaton.

I'll take another look at the logs.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Looking at the logs again, it appears they are for v7. I don't know why they would have been created unless you tried to reinstall v7.

I'm going to suggest a general clean up before trying to reinstall v9. I suggest creating a system restore before doing these things. I'll help you with that if you don't know how to do it.

Empty C:\Windows\Temp and C:\Windows\Users\"Your user name"\AppData\Local TMP.

I think you have a 64 bit system.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the Nero folder.
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the Nero folder.
    Go to C:\ProgramData and delete the Nero folder.

Run regedit.exe.

Go here-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software

delete the Ahead and Nero subkeys.

Go here-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\

delete the Nero subkey.

Exit the registry editor.

Reboot your system.

Run the installation file I gave you.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Since you have a 32 bit system, you would delete the Nero folders I mentioned from C:\Program Files\ instead of C:\Program Files (x86).

In the registry, you wouldn't go to WOW6432node subkey. Do a search for Ahead in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\. There should be a Nero subkey wherever your find the Ahead. Let me know where you find it.

There are additional subkeys I would like you to delete. Go to

HKEY_USERS\

There will be a number of entries that start with S-1. Open each one and look in the Software subkey for Ahead and Nero. When you find it, delete the Ahead and Nero subkeys.

In regards to a system restore point, go to Control Panel, System, System Protection. In the System Protection tab, let it find all the system restore points. Then, select Local disc C:\. At the bottom, select Create and give it a descriptive name. Let it create the restore point.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• You don't need to delete those. I'm not asking you to delete all things Nero from the registry. That would be an exercise in futility and most things in the registry won't affect installation. You'ld have to reinstall Windows to do that.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• As I understand it, you did the things I recommended and it's now installed. Excellent.

Now you need to insert your serial number so its no longer a trial version. I was hoping you would do that during the installation.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

next » « previous