Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustated

Nero burning 2015 crashes immediately after latest Win 10 3/15/2017 update

Just after auto update of Windows 10 today (3/15/2017) it is impossible to use Burning 2015 anymore. Every time I load it, when I request a current compilation, when I start a new one, or I answer the message saying I can restart an old one, Burning crashes completely.

To be certain I de-installed today Win update, and the problem does not happens any more and burning works as usual ( with the update absent.)
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • Lehmann,

I have been experiencing erratic behavior of Burning ROM 12, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 for a long time under Windows 10 Pro. It's almost impossible for me to select files for a compilation without Burning ROM crashing and restarting. Others have been reporting similar issues for years. I suspect that your problems with the latest update are related to those I've been having and are caused by Nero improperly mixing old and new code as the years pass. After yesterday's Microsoft update, my system seems no different as far as Nero Burning ROM goes.

IMO, an even more serious issue is described in topic Nero 2017 Platinum crashes Microsoft Excel every time.Any solutions to this system conflict? and elsewhere. So, even if Burning ROM is "working as usual", it is absolutely not working properly. Moreover, although they state that they have identified the cause of the problem, they apparently are unable to deal with it since over two weeks have passed since they stated that an update would be issued "in a couple of days." As I understand it, Burning ROM has been Nero's flagship product. Are they embarrassed?

You may want to review my topic, Advice: Forcibly Close Nero Burning ROM to Avoid Reported Exit Bugs.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Not very usefull answer, but a good motive NOT to buy Nero 2017 (I don't use Blue-ray, nor 4k)

Anyway, after removing the updates, and trying (not successfully) to prevent them to re-install, the problem went away. I saw another post with the same problem. I may have removed ONE of the latest Win 10 update, but I am not sure of what, as the update tool is VERY confusing. 2 DVD-R lost, though!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I’m frustated
    Hi.
    I really doubt there is any link with my 'update' problem.
    First, I never had any trouble with OTHER application while Nero (burning, video) stoped.
    2 The problem appeared right after a Win 10 update. Re-install of nero did nothing, but removing the update did. Right now, I have killed Win 10 update (I hope so!!)
    3) The syptom is also different. When I started Burning, I got either the 'new' screen, or a message saying that I could recover what failed.
    If:
    I said Ok, recover... Nero crashed out
    I canceled the 'new' screen and do nothing... Ok
    I started a new compil... Crash, Nero out
    I tryed to load an old compil. Crash; Nero Out

Nothing will correct this, no way to run a burning.

Except by removing 2 Win 10 recent updates (of the same day). Then no more problem !

It took me some time to be sure Update was killed, so I did have some more updates installed, but I don't know which one was bad.

Anyway, as it is, Nero Burning 2015 runs fine for the moment.

I will have to restart update, alas, so I just hope it will not happen again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustated
    Sorry, just another thought.

It is possible that KILLING Nero 2015 Burning just after is started may restore the problem. I cannot test it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Lehmann,

Apparently, you are not alone. See topics Nero Recode on Nero 2015 Platinum crashing after Windows 10 update on 3/15/2017. What do I do? and Nero 2017 platinum does not work after an update.

In particular, note that Since5.5 (Employee) has referenced your experience in the first of these but not the second. Moreover, he has ignored your issue.

It appears that the recent Microsoft update has exposed a problem in multiple Nero applications for some users.

Since the latest Windows updates do not appear to have affected my system, it's difficult to relate your issues with mine, but I would guess they are related. My Nero Burning ROM was essentially useless before and after the Windows updates.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Lehmann
    can you please upload a Screenshot of your Update History of Windows?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I am grateful that you consider my case, but sorry that my screen cap may not be very useful (I have a Win 10 Pro system), as the only updates that show on it are not the one that I removed (there were 3 on the morning of 15/3

I should have take note of the one I removed, that it is probably the cause of the Problem. It was gone after the removal !

There may be traces in the sytem log, but I have to find it!

Regards, Lehmann
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Here are some part of the log (I do not know how to get it full)
    Un redémarrage est nécessaire pour que le package KB4013429 puisse être basculé à l’état Installé.
    Le package KB4013418 a été basculé avec succès à l’état Installé.
    Application des modifications pour le package KB4013418. L’état actuel est Résolu. L’état cible est Installé. ID de client : WindowsUpdateAgent.
    Application des modifications pour le package KB4013429. L’état actuel est Résolu. L’état cible est Installé. ID de client : WindowsUpdateAgent.
    Le package KB4014329 a été basculé avec succès à l’état Installé.
    Application des modifications pour le package KB4014329. L’état actuel est Absent. L’état cible est Installé. ID de client : WindowsUpdateAgent.
    Échec du basculement du package KB4013429 à l’état Intermédiaire. État : 0x800f0816.
    Application des modifications pour le package KB4013429. L’état actuel est Absent. L’état cible est Intermédiaire. ID de client : WindowsUpdateAgent.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• In hope to help, here is the problme report from Win:
    ( the time stamp may be wrong, pb occured near 8:0 to 9:0, not 13:
    Description
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 2015\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe

Signature du problème
    Nom d’événement du problème : APPCRASH
    Nom de l’application: nero.exe
    Version de l’application: 16.0.23.0
    Horodatage de l’application: 548fffc8
    Nom du module par défaut: CompPkgSup.DLL
    Version du module par défaut: 10.0.14393.953
    Horodateur du module par défaut: 58ba5a1f
    Code de l’exception: c0000005
    Décalage de l’exception: 0000346b
    Version du système: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.48
    Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
    Information supplémentaire n° 1: 2beb
    Information supplémentaire n° 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
    Information supplémentaire n° 3: 9cd2
    Information supplémentaire n° 4: 9cd2e275ccb4247c4efe4926a99dfc92

Informations complémentaires sur le problème
    ID de compartiment : 7b1534663fe9de5f4e7f4d3494d31ca4 (108793254477)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• KB4013429 seems to be the culprit, removing that update made Nero happy again

Regards, Sas.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Follow up

KB4015438 supersedes KB4013429 and has resolved the problem.

Not the first (and won't be the last) time that MS publishes an update that is riddled with bugs...

Regards, Sas.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm