Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero Burning Rom 2016 install failed when MS VC Redist would not install.

I just bought Nero Burning Rom 2016. I have a Win 8.1 HP Laptop. The installation went into a 30+min loop trying to install Microsoft VC Redist 2015 (x86). I could not Cancel; used Task Manager and after some effort; finally canceled the install; had to Restart twice.

After searching on Nero Community, I noticed others having trouble installing with this MS VC Redist 2015 and no straight forward solutions.

I am very frustrated over this failing to install.
What do you advise?

Thank you,
Ken Anderson
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Ken,
    Sometimes downloading the Microsoft VC Redist 2015 by itself and running it will help. You might have the option to "Repair" it if your system thinks it has it already. If so, try doing the "repair".

This file:

vc_redist.x86.exe

From here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/downl...

could do the trick.

You might need to restart your computer afterwards and then try the Nero Installer once again.

Also ... try right-clicking on the Nero Installer and select "Run as administrator" to see if that makes a difference.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

Hi Phil,
    Your instructions were excellent and they worked! You provided very clear instructions.

I had to uninstall VC Recdist & Nero. Then the install of both worked well. I did restarts after each of those steps just to make sure!

So then I was able to copy Office 2010 and did a test install of the copy that worked!!

Thank you so much and especially taking the time to do it on Sun,
    Ken
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited