Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero Burning ROM 365 vs Nero Burning ROM in Microsoft Store

What's the difference between Nero Burning ROM 365 with 1-year subscription and the original paid version of Nero Burning ROM in the Microsoft Store? I have the original non-subscription version for $49.99. The subscription version is $19.99 per year. Why are there two versions of Nero Burning ROM in the Microsoft Store?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • I had never heard of 365 until you posted.

If the subscription for 365 is like the other offers from Nero, each year you will be billed and you will get the next version of Burning Rom. Since Burning Rom hasn't changed significantly over the years, I don't see an annual subscription to be a big deal.

On the other side, the description of 365 at the Microsoft Store doesn't mention the capability to burn video discs. You would have the capability to do that in the the non-subscription version. That assumes that you have a video structure which was authored in other software such as Nero Video. I don't know if this is an oversight in the details or it was intentional.

They also mentioned that you can copy different types of discs. That assumes that the discs that you want to copy aren't write protected. Doesn't matter which type of Burning Rom you have.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• There is now

- Nero Burning ROM on www.nero.com
    - Nero Burning ROM on Steam
    - Nero Burning ROM on the Windows Store
    - Nero Burning ROM 365 on the Windows Store

Basically they are all feature identical. Depending on the release date they can have a slightly different patch level, but that's it.

The big difference for 365 is that it will expire after one year if you don't renew, while the rest will continue to work.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned