Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero Media Home 2016 and LG wireless speakers....

I have LG wireless speakers that are bluetooth, but also can use my hine wireless internet network to send music to multiple speakers at one time. LG provides a program called Music Flow to work with their speakers. They advise persons who have a MAC computer to use Nero Media Home 4 to stream music.

I have Nero MediaHome 2016 installed on my PC and was wondering if the option is there to stream music from my PC music library directly to the speakers? I find Nero MediaHome much more intuitive then LG Music Flow, but I cannot figure out if this can be done. HELP?

I have H7, H5 and three H3 speakers. They work great with the Apple iOS apps, but sometimes I am sitting at my computer and would rather use something installed on my computer to stream the music.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • It's strange that LG would recommend Nero MediaHome 4 since Nero software is not supported on a MAC and NMH 4 is no longer available.

Did you mean "home" instead of "hine"?

I'm trying to sort this out. If this is genuinely streaming, the speakers would have to be added as devices to your network for NMH to detect them (see Options, Streaming).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• The speakers are showing up in devices when I check (note: one speaker is currently turned off).

Do you know how I selected to send the sound to the speakers. Right now when I click to play, the sound goes to my headset (if plugged in) or my PC speakers.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• If you open the Audio options in NMH, it's probably set to use the Windows audio settings. You might try changing that to one of the other options.

Normally, the device (such as a TV) has software which is used to access a remote server such as NMH. For instance, my LG TV uses SmartShare to detect NMH and lets me make a selection to stream. I'm wondering if you have to use a setting in Music Flow to use NMH as the server.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks for the suggestion but none of the settings under audio allowed me to stream to the speakers. The speakers are definitely recognized as you can see in the screenshot I included previously.

Using my IPAD (or Ipod Itouch) allows me to stream music from those devices to the speakers using the Music Flow APP. The Music Flow program I am using on my Windows 10 PC allows me to stream also but unlike the iOS APP, I cannot select the Itunes Playlists I have already created.

Seems weird they iOS APP recognizes Itune Playlists but Music Flow for your PC doesn't.

I am back to asking - am I missing something regarding the Music Flow PC program? NMH recognizes the Itune playlists so why can't Music Flow?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• When I was looking at Music Flow, it clearly referred to the Android App for connecting to the speakers and allowing streaming. I also noticed that there is an adapter available for connecting devices. Of course, you have to pay for it. NMH might recognize such an adapter.

You can send an e-mail to tech support by filling out the contact form at nero.com, support, contact, technical support. If you do, please let me know their response. It's a fascinating question to me because of my limited knowledge of such things. Maybe someone else would benefit from your efforts.

You might also ask LG how they intended NMH 4 to facilitate streaming.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Sounds like Music Flow is intended to work with an APP (Android or iOS). I am using my IPAD AIR right now to stream music through my 6 speakers in my home right now as I type this.

The Music Flow PC Program will allow me to control volume to each individual speaker once I am connected using my IPAD AIR. I can also create my own playlists, etc. using Music Flow PC Program, but that is exactly what I am trying to avoid -- create specific playlists that work with the PC Music Flow program when I have already organized my music in Itunes.

To be honest - using my IPAD AIR or one of my 2 Ipod Touches is probably more convenient for the most part. I can carry the Ipod Touch around with me and control everything on the fly. If I was exclusively trying to use my PC, I would actually have to have the PC turned on and be sitting at the keyboard.

But since I do a lot of work from home, I am on the PC computer a lot and I thought it would be nice to be able to control my Itunes music from there on occasion.

The NMH finds the Itunes playlists but I cannot figure out how to connect to the a combination of my 6 speakers.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I think we're missing something simple here. As you noted, NMH is seeing the IP addresses for the speakers, so they're clearly on your network. I don't think changing the streaming port would make any difference. I wonder if one needs to use the Windows controls to select the speakers for playback, if not already done.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I can control the speakers within Windows. Music Flow does that just fine. What I cant do is sync my Itunes playlist with Music Flow. Meanwhile NMH can sync with the Itunes playlists, but not the speakers
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I think you should contact tech support, as I mentioned before.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Okay, got the sync to work easily with the latest updates. Now I want to stream my music to all of my speakers, but seems like I can choose 1 speaker but not all? Is there a way to stream to all speakers so I have whole house music?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Are your speakers connected to a control box of some sort? For instance, my 7 speaker set up had all the satellite speakers connected a box which also had the bass speaker. The audio signal went through the box and then to the speakers. Obviously, these weren't wireless speakers. Perhaps Music flow takes the place of the control box. Sorry about my ignorance.

Which program did you install updates for?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks for your reply. I decided to connect one of my speakers via ethernet and that seems to provide much better stability to my 6-speaker system. Before, I was using Wi-Fi to connect all the speakers together.

If you look carefully at the screenshot from my router control program, it shows LG Electronics Inc. with a small 6. I assume that 6 represents all 6 speakers. Before, all 6 speakers would show up individually and with signal fluctuations between my router and my speakers, they would get knocked offline. Only been 2 days, but this arrangement seems much more stable.

I still am wondering if Nero Media Home (NMH) 2016 has a way of casting a signal to all 6 speakers or any combination thereof like the Itunes APP for my Ipad and Itouch. As far as I can tell, i can only choose any of the 6 speakers but not a combination of the 6.

I prefer NMH over the PC Software that LG provides (Music Flow) because NMH grabs the playlist information, etc from Itunes and I can use that to play my music. Music Flow makes you index your music files and create new playlists. When you have thousands of songs, you don't want to have to do that again for a different APP.

Interestingly, the Music Flow APP for my IPAD AIR and Ipod Touch does "see" the Itunes playlists, etc. and I can easily play and control my music throughout the house with either device. Just curious why Music Flow PC program is so restricted?

NMH would be a suitable replacement for the Music Flow PC program if I could cast to more then one speaker.

Anyway, right now, I am using my Ipod Touch to play my tunes while sitting at this computer and writing this. I do have the Music Flow PC program open on my PC so I can occasionally adjust the volume from here (such as when the phone rings and I need to turn down the volume while working at my computer).

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well, the name of the game here is "wireless". Usually, a multi-speaker setup has one component which receives and converts the incoming signal to accomodate the number of speakers available. For instance, if you have 2 channel audio, it will simulate audio for the full speaker set up.

I'm really out of my league here. You're far and above more knowledgeable about those things than I am. That's why I've suggested contacting tech support about it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm