I’m frustrated

Nero Media Home / Nero Media browser (Part of Nero 2014) Issues. Please help.

I purchased Nero 2014 sometime ago, installing all the included programs. Now when I try to use Nero Media Home that was included it tells me it's a "non-licensed" use. It gives me a popup immediately after loading saying I need to purchase a serial for the program with the options of "Remove", "Buy", and "Close". Someone please explain to my how its a "non-licensed" use when it is included in Nero 2014 and I have an authentic Nero 2014 serial number entered? Getting just a little frustrated. Also, same goes for Nero Media Browser. Its giving me the same popup. I don't understand, If I purchase something I shouldn't have to purchase again. Getting even more frustrated.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Stephen-

Sounds like you're not having any fun. :)

Did you ever have v14 installed on a different computer?

Are you sure that your purchased serial number is shown correctly in the Nero ControlCenter?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• No. This is a fresh install. And I copied and pasted the serial directly from my email.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m frustrated
    I have just encountered the same problem exactly. Nero Media Browser and Nero Media Home are both claiming I am using them unlicensed -- even though I just purchased Nero 2014! Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• As I asked above, is your purchased serial number shown correctly in the Nero ControlCenter under Licenses?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m confused and frustrated
    Yes. Let me show you the Control Panel. It has some very confusing information.

I used Snag-It to capture a picture of it, then crossed out the two serial numbers.
    The Nero 2014 Platinum line at the top shows the correct serial number. The Nero Multimedia Suite 10 shows a serial number I don't recognize. Where did it come from -- both the suite and the number? Does it have anything to do with the 800 MB "Content Pack" I installed?

Given that Multimedia Suite 10 exists though, why is Multimedia Suite 10 "Non-Licensed"? If it does relate to the "Multimedia Pack" I installed, which came with Nero 2014, why is it called Multimedia Suite 10, and why is it "unlicensed"?

Next, why are there two entries for Nero MediaHome at the bottom of this listing, and why are they followed by question marks?

Furthermore, when I press Add, in an effort to add Nero Media Home, and then enter the serial number I was given after purchase, I get a message saying "Serial Number already exists.... The Serial Number you entered is already entered on your computer." Of course it already exists; I paid for it! It's the same serial number that's listed on the first line. Someone at Nero AG must think that number isn't valid for Media Home.

Do you sometimes get the impression that Nero 2014's installation software is not very good ?

Anyway, what else do you want to know?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Simply remove both the Nero 2014 trial and Suite 10 entries by right clicking on them and selecting Remove.

It's normal for NMH to be listed twice. Don't ask me why because I don't know. If removing the entries I mentioned doesn't resolve the NMH issue, I would remove the second one. You might want to set a system restore point first for that one.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi all,

Generally an invalid Nero 10 serial number is the cause of this error message, if your Nero 2014 serial number is a vaild one.
    Please delete the Nero 10 serial number from the ControlCenter and also make sure you delete it from the registry.

Please proceed as follows:

To open the registry editor, please proceed as follows:

For Windows 7:
    In the Windows start menu click "Start".
    Enter "regedit" in the text field at the bottom of the menu.
    -> The entry “regedit.exe” will be displayed.
    Click on the entry “rededit.exe”.
    -> The Registry Editor window will open.

For Windows Vista and Windows XP:
    ->Select “Run” from the menu
    -> The Run window will open.
    Enter "regedit" in the "Open" text field and click the "OK" button.
    -> The Registry Editor window will open.

You will find your serial number on the left side in the navigation tree.

On 32bit-systems please follow the path:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nero\Shared\NL10

On 64bit-systems please follow the path:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Nero\Shared\NL10

-> The serial number is displayed next to the "Serial10" entry. It is structured as follows:
    xXxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

If you are sure that this is an invalid serial number you can delete it. If not please contact us under techsupport@nero.com.

Best regards,
    NeroUser
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm