Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero MediaHome 2015 Video Streaming Problem

I cannot stream video via Mediahome 2015 to TV or Blu-ray. I am receiving error message entertainment center of "invalid file format". I can stream audio and pictures - no problem. I tried with video transcoding enabled and disabled to no avail. I copied various files to a usb device and plugged directly into TV and the video played without any issue. Also video streaming works fine with Microsoft Windows Media Player without a problem. I would prefer to use your product for streaming since I have Nero Platinum 2015.
3 people have
this problem
+1
  • Bryan- Right now I don't have an answer for you but, are you using a LG SmartTV?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Well, I have a new LG Smart TV which is either smarter than me or isn't so smart. When I try to stream to it, it shows the first frame of the video and 30 seconds later tells me it's an invalid format. Doesn't matter what format I use and the LG manual is pathetic. I've drafted an e-mail to LG tech support but haven't sent it yet. I spend far too much time is this forum.

I don't know if sending an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com would help. One of the Nero employees suggested to someone else that they disable transcoding but you've already done that.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Contacted Tech Support via email. They replied back with a list of items needed for further analysis. I responded with the required data. One item that was asked for (Network Layout) I didn't understand why it was asked for since I specified in the original email that music and pictures worked fine on the media playback devices. I am assuming that these items are asked for all tech support queries. Well we will see what happens next.

Wither 1: Any luck with your LG Smart TV? Have you tried going through your Blu-ray? I know when going to TV directly via Windows Media Player to play video as DLNA server I will get an error message stating audio codec not support on my Samsung (which is not classified as a "Smart TV") but works fine through the Blu-ray.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Bryan- Thanks for the update. It's Much appreciated. If they can resolve it, please let us know the resolution.

I don't have a standalone blu-ray player so I can't try that. I haven't messed with the streaming at all. The only reason I try it is to help people here in the forum since I don't watch movies on my TV. Normally, we just go to the local theater if there's something we want to see. Gets us out of the house.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated and abandoned.
    It has been 9 days since submitting support data back to Tech Support. Am I supposed to receive confirmation from Tech Support received email and are working on the problem? Without two way communication from the corporation this customer feels abandoned.

Anyone else have a problem with video streaming? I can't believe that only myself and Mr. Barr are the only people on the planet that cannot stream video! If you can't send email to Tech Support and let your voice be heard. if you can stream video let us dummies know so we can as well.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• At one time, one would get an automated response to each e-mail submitted. They discontinued that about a year ago (time flies so I'm guessing). Like so many others, I liked the old way.

One thing you can do is to check your e-mail spam folder to see if a response accidently got placed there. It has happened to me. Originally, I had my e-mail spam controls set to automatically delete spam. I changed that after I found out from tech support that they had replied to me and that's where it must have gone. Of course, you can always send another e-mail requesting the status of your inquiry. Until they got rid of the chat line, we could always go there and ask.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Bryan,

I've just tried streaming to my Blu-ray Player via DLNA using MediaHome and Windows and both worked. When sending a 1920x1080 file, both had jerky video and stuttering audio. When I turned MediaHome's transcoding capability on, the HD content displayed at normal speed with normal audio.

I'm not sure who Mr. Barr is and I don't see any references to Wither 1 trying to stream with Windows Media Player!

Your experience with Tech Support is certainly not uncommon. I've had many such experiences and there are pretty much daily references to their "diode" behavior in this forum.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm