Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero MediaHome2018 files

I am using nero mediahome 2018, I noticed that the file exists many folders, formerly it was simpler, how do I make video / image / music look all in the same folder?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hello cce porcaria-

I don't know what you mean by many folders. If you have copies of the same file in numerous folders and all those folders are in the Nero MediaHome Library, they will appear more than once. If you don't want to see the duplicates, you might adjust which folders are in the Library or delete duplicates using the Duplicate Manager.

There was no way that I know of to see videos, photos and music at the same time in the older versions. You could look at videos and photos at the same time. If that's what you're referring to, that option has been removed in Nero MediaHome 2018 (and 2019).
    • I have at the moment to test ... 1 video in the folder, it is scanned and there in the library of NeroMediaHome I removed all the adjacent folders, and even so in the navigation of my TV this video WITHOUT ANY FOLDER is generating the directory on TV: My Videos (Timeline, Places, Marked, Ranked, Recently Played, Recently Added, Smart Albums, Albums, Folder), and entering these folders, will have others and others to finally access the video.

Before you say, I'd rather access the video through the control of the TV, not send the video individually by streaming.

This is ridiculous, these folders are being generated natively from Nero and there is no way to remove them, that is the least you should do. In Nero MediaHome 4, it is old but it only generates a folder and everything together (photos, videos, music).

I'd just like to use Nero MediaHome 8 because it displays the thumbnails, but I'm seeing that I'm going to have to use Plex or SmartShare.

If you know how to remove these folders natively, I can reconsider using this program.
    • Thanks for the clarification. I didn't understand that you're trying to stream to your TV and the video you want to play is buried down in the subfolders. I haven't done this with v2018 but, I do have to use SmartShare on my LG TV to access the videos in Nero MediaHome. I wonder if it might be better to add your videos to Movies. Of course, Since5.5 has suggested a different approach which you might like.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi, we just separated Photos and Videos into two entries. "Movies" and "TV Shows" are new entries, but if you have none in your library you don't need to use them.
    • view 9 more comments
    • You didn't answer my last question.
    • Estou usando um tradutor, está difícil de compreender, no Windows exibe thumbnail mas no Nero 2018 não, é isso, esta deficiência é característica do Nero
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

I finally understand what you're saying about Smart Share. I found the Smart Share download for Windows.

In instances where NMH doesn't display the thumbnails, we usually ask people to delete some folders. Doing so, empties the NMH Library and removes faces and thumbnails. If you want to try that, I can tell you how to do it. You can copy the Library before doing so in case you want to return it back to what you had.

The other option would be for you to upload the problem file to a website such as dropbox, onedrive, etc. and share it. Then, get the link for it and post it here.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited