Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero platinum 2016 need help, not working properly?

I got nero platinum 2016 but it isn't working, or perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I have a file that I want to burn to a bd-re 50GB DL blu-ray disk. (I have all of the system requirements to do this) If I burn the file directly to the disk, or if I convert it to a different format then burn it, it becomes pixelated. The whole video doesn't reduce in resolution, but there are pixels that follow any movement in the video. If a head turns, it becomes pixelated. But, if I use a different program to convert the file(leawo total media converter ultimate) and then I use nero to burn it, the quality is perfect. But now the fps drops. If I import any video file except ones converted with leawo total media converter ultimate, they are all pixelated in the preview before I burn it to the disk. Can anyone help me with this. If I wasn't clear enough please ask questions.

1. I use nero to convert or I use original file, very pixelated but fps is good.
2. I use leawo total media converter ultimate to convert file then nero to burn it, quality is perfect, but fps drops a lot

I am testing the disks once they are burnt on my ps3 and ps4. Also, there are no problems with the original files. I have tried several different files and beforehand, they have high fps and resolution.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi jordon-

I assume you're selecting Blu-ray Disc when you open Nero Video.

There are two settings that might help. One is to use a 2-pass burn. The other is to select Motion Adaptive in the Recording Format options.

To test these, don't burn to a disc. Burn it to a hard drive folder and then play the BDMV or BDAV in Nero MediaHome.

What is the original resolution of your files? Are you changing that in the Recording Format Options?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Unfortunately that did not solve either of my problems. I am not changing the resolution when I burn the files to the disk. If I burn the original file to the disk, with and without the settings you recommended it is pixelated. (the original resolution of the file is 1280x720) but if I convert the file using a different program and I change the resolution to 1920x1080, it is no longer pixelated. But the fps drops a lot. Should I convert the original file with nero into something more compatable for the program, blu-ray disks or the ps3? The original file is mkv and the converted file is mp4(in the program when I convert the file I select mp4/MPEG4 but the file says (file name).mp4 btw)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• In the Recording format options, there are two selections for Motion Adaptive. Try selecting both.

Also, are you using PAL or NTSC?

I'm done for the evening. Talk to you tomorrow.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I did not select both of the Motion Adaptive. I will do that now and I will post later what the results were. I am using NTSC. Here is an image to show you what I mean by pixelated, not a drop in resolution just to clarify. The fps drop is self-explanatory.

Thank you for replying and helping me try to resolve this issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Have you tried playing the discs in Leawo instead of on your playstation?

One of the things you said earlier is that the videos are pixelated in preview. I should mention that changing the resolution of a video to a higher resolution, will often cause the problem you're seeing. Does this problem occur if you use 1280x?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm