Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero Platinum 2018 Suite

Hi installed Nero Platinum 2018 Suite bought it brand new from Nero.com but the Nero Media Home will not work when I open it, closes right away I also have Nero 14,15 and 17 installed on my computer any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thanks in advanced
6 people have
this problem
+1
  • I too have encountered this problem. In all the years I have used this program I have never had so bugs on upgrades.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Could you please apply the following steps:

- please open Windows Explorer
    - enter %appdata% and press return
    - this will open the folder AppData, typically C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming
    - go a level up and into the folder Local and from there into Nero
    - zip the folder MHLog and the file MediaHub.1.db and send it to interview@nero.com (if it is too large to send via email please provide a link to an online storage e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive)
    - go a level up and rename the folders Nero and Nero_AG (e.g. to Nero_OLD and Nero_AG_OLD)
    - restart Nero MediaHome

Please note: Any albums, playlists, faces, other metadata you created with previous versions of Nero MediaHome will be lost in this process.

The step with sending the file to us will help us to solve the issue for other customers. Of course it is optional.
    • view 1 more comment
    • SIDE-NOTE - One suggestion to Nero : since many files would be indexed at startup (or at least scanned for this to take place), when we leave the option to search all mediums ("disks") for files at startup, there should be a little application just for configuring such things without having to open the program itself which crashes... Games do this since graphics configurations can make the game unresponsive or crash at startup; in such cases where huge heterogeneous volumes can be indexed, the same functionality should be available.
    • OK I found out how to make MediaHome work again, finally! :-) Via one supplemental manipulation, which follows your suggestion of deleting both Nero and Nero_AG (thanks btw). After writing the last post, I thought to myself that Hey, there's actually such little application for indexing the files in a database outside of MediaHome, which is MediaBrowser (I didn't think of it sooner since I'm a newbie with the Nero Suite). So I gave it a try, recreating the database from MediaBrowser rather than MediaHome after deleting the folders, and it worked! MediaHome doesn't crash to desktop anymore and I'm a happy camper.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Any news on a fix for this bug? I have similar issues where Media Home closes without warning; usually it is when I'm applying names to otherwise unnamed faces - i do have a lot of images on my PC, the mediahub.db file is nearly 200MB! Any tips greatly appreciated
    • view 2 more comments
    • Hello, did you resolve this issue ? I received the same answer as what Since5.5 wrote, but it doesn't work, the program still crashes upon indexing faces right at program startup (thus I can't modify any configuration for the matter of disabling face indexing)...
    • YES there is a solution, I found out how to make MediaHome work again, finally! :-) Via one supplemental manipulation, which has to be done right after Since5.5's suggestion of deleting both Nero and Nero_AG folders. A couple of days ago I replied to Since5.5 a "suggestion" about having an application for managing the files database outside of other Nero's production applications. Then I thought to myself that Hey, there's actually such a little app. for indexing the files in a database outside of MediaHome, which is MediaBrowser (I didn't think of it sooner since I'm a newbie with the Nero Suite). So I gave it a try, recreating the database from MediaBrowser rather than MediaHome after deleting the folders, and it worked! MediaHome doesn't crash to desktop anymore and I'm a happy camper. Please give a feedback if this also work for you.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated