Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero Platinum 2018 Unable to Edit Text in "Static Text".

Nero Platinum Video 2018. Unable to edit effect "static Text" to change to the text I want to appear. Windows 7 using advance editing. Drag Static Text to video 2 line. Double click on it. Shows "edit" in upper left. Can move it around but not change the "text"
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • Hi Bill-

Only click on Edit once. The Sample Text should be highlighted and the font selection menu should be shown.

If it doesn't, let it go maybe 5 minutes to see if it comes up. Sometimes the first use requires some time for the Windows fonts to be loaded.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thanks. I will try to be patient but it has not been a problem in the previous 6 years or so that I have been editing my videos. Will update later if it works. Thanks
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Ok...I was so in hopes you were right...however, I waited 7-8 minutes and nothing showed up to allow me to edit "sample text"\. I can move the window around, resize the window but not edit the text. I even tried going back to Nero 2017 which worked just fine and now does not. So what am I missing.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• In another thread, the user removed the Content Pack 2 and the problem went away. Then he did some cleaning as below, and reinstalled the content pack 2-

My problem was indeed solved from the moment I had removed ContentPack2 from my computer.

"Anyway I wanted to use ContentPack2, so I went looking for a solution and I think I found it now.

I searched on my computer where Nero stored data and I found about 14GB of data for various users on the locations "AppData/Local and Roaming". Some data was already more than 6 years old. I moved that data on a USB stick and away from my computer.Then I reinstalled ContentPack2, well I now can work without problems like before with the two ContentPacks that I originally used."

The bad thing is that I don't know what he deleted. I can imagine that deleting this folder-

C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\Nero\SharedMediaData

might be helpful.

Have you ever had a Nero version older than v2017 installed?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thanks. Yes....I have versions of Nero back to Nero9. I am not sure I downloaded the Content Pack 2. I may have been in a hurry back in September-October and not done it. Is it possible that is the issue? How do I find out.

ok...so I am moving "sharedmediadata" off the computer. Then I will install content pack 1....but the first time I tried to download it from the website ...it failed. Said the file had been moved. So, I will try again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Ok...I have offloaded the folder c:\users\name\"AppData\Local\Nero\SharedMediaData. I have installed Content Pack 1 and 2. I checked to see if I could edit the text at the end of Pack 1 and could not. I checked to see if I could edit the text at the end of Pack 2 and could not. So. I still have the same problem. Earlier we discussed previous issues of Nero and yes I have never uninstalled previous issues but it has not been a problem. So now what.

thanks

bill
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If you don't mind that all your older versions will be uninstalled, you could run this file to see if it helps-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfgtpjg2t53...

You could set a system restore point beforehand if you don't want to have to reinstall your older versions, if that doesn't work.

If you would rather not, you can go to tech support by going here-

http://www.nero.com/enu/support/conta...

and submitting the contact form.

If you do, please let us know their response.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• As you might expect....this did not work. I used the "firstaidkit" and uniinstalled all the previous Nero applications...mostly. A couple of things still show up in available programs to uninstall but that is probably another issue. I think reinstalled Nero 18 and updated Nero Video to current release. I did not install either content packs in the interest of time. And sure enough it still will not allow me to edit the effect "static text". So I will open a ticket.

thanks for your help. I will report back if I get it fixed.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have not heard from "support" since I issued my contact form yesterday but am continuing to probe my pc for clues. In this directory:

C:/users/name/AppData/roaming/nero/nero 2018/nero vision

I found a text NeroVideoLog dated 5-31-2018 that contained this:

[21:58:27] AMC [Editing][ERROR][INNEREXCEPTION] The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Media.Fonts' threw an exception.
    [21:58:27] AMC at System.Windows.Media.Fonts.get_SystemFontFamilies()
    [21:58:27] AMC at Nero.Vision.Common.FontManager.EnumerateMediaFonts()
    [21:58:27] AMC at Nero.Vision.Common.FontManager..ctor()
    [21:58:27] AMC [Editing][ERROR][INNEREXCEPTION] No FontFamily element found in FontFamilyCollection that matches current OS or greater: Windows7SP1
    [21:58:27] AMC at MS.Internal.FontFace.CompositeFontParser.Fail(String message, Exception innerException)
    [21:58:27] AMC at MS.Internal.FontFace.CompositeFontParser..ctor(Stream fileStream)
    [21:58:27] AMC at MS.Internal.FontCache.FamilyCollection.SystemCompositeFonts.GetCompositeFontFamilyAtIndex(Int32 index)
    [21:58:27] AMC at MS.Internal.FontCache.FamilyCollection.GetFontFamilies(Uri fontFamilyBaseUri, String fontFamilyLocationReference)
    [21:58:27] AMC at System.Windows.Media.Fonts.CreateFamilyCollection(Uri fontLocation, Uri fontFamilyBaseUri, String fontFamilyLocationReference)
    [21:58:27] AMC at System.Windows.Media.Fonts..cctor()

Is it a no brainer to say that this is restating the issue....Nero can not find Windows Media Fonts? and if so how do we help it do that?

thanks

bill
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This article identifies the cause of this problem in Win 7 and provides several potential fixes-

https://github.com/dotnet/announcemen...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I was finally able to get back to this today. Before I ran any of the solutions related to the "github" data, I looked at what windows updates there might be and found these two related to ".Net". These were optional Windows updates. Not sure why since they fix something that was broken. But regardless they contain some of the same things contained in your "github" find. And did these fix the issue?? Yes indeed. It is now fixed. Thanks for all your help

2018-05 Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1 on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB4103472)

Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 on Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (KB4074906) .NET Framework Fix-it tool for .NET 4.7.1 on Win7/Server 2008 R2 SP1 for KB4074906
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yeh, I don't know why they've been making some of those updates optional. They just started doing that recently.

I'm glad you're problem is now resolved.

Enjoy!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm