Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero Platinum 2019 offline use no longer possible

Hello,

I bought Nero Platinum 2019 on the 22nd of February 2019. I installed and activated this on a freshly installed Windows 7 PC. After that the PC was moved to an offline location. For a couple of weeks Nero could be used, but now it's refusing to do anything.

- Nero Start reports there's an update (how can it know? the PC is not connected).
- If you use a Nero program directly such as Burning Rom Express you can use it up until you actually want to burn the disc. Then it pops up an activation screen saying it couldn't connect to the Nero servers and I should check my firewall, or send a fax. When I choose fax nothing happens.

How to fix this? Hooking up this PC to the internet is not possible.
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • Nero has offline installers. Perhaps one of the Nero employees will see this in the morning.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi Christiaan, for the the "burning problem" I will send you a second serial number. For the Nero Start issue I am checking internally.
    • view 7 more comments
    • There's a configuration section/tool within Nero where you can add multiple serial keys (it's called Nero ControlCenter). You need to put your offline key there. Try e-mailing Nero at feedback@nero.com that's where I got an offline key from.
    • I can see my current box given serial number , will try getting something from the email you give. Thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• F.S.-

If you can't start Nero Start, go here-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero ControlCenter

Double click on NCC. You would put your serial number in the Serial Number section. If you have a trial version number in there, remove it.

Sometimes boxed versions have an activation code instead of a serial number. A serial number is 39 characters, including the hypens. An activation code is something like 11 characters and has to be converted to a serial number.
    Which do you have? Don't post either one of them here.

However, the description of your problem doesn't seem to indicate that its an activation code issue unless what you're burning is one of the video formats that requires patent activation. Those are mpeg-4, .mts and .m2ts. Also, if you're trying to do anything with DTS audio, it won't work in v2019 (Need v2015 or earlier).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• No just burning a DVD with .MP4 and other types of file that come from my camera, for filing purposes. It is inexplicable why it suddenly does it now, having already had offline activation and after that no problem. Separately, when using the video program on Nero 2019 it wouldn't export in .mpeg4, only .wmv. and wanted online activation. Surely if an old program like Adobe Premier light version 11 can still have an activation code for mpg4 which you can get by filling out a box with serial number on Adobe's site and getting the activation code by return, Nero can a number of years later do the same thing for Nero 2019.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• In your next to last post, you mentioned using the e-mail. Is that on the same system with Nero? Trying to figure out why you need off-line or can't connect to get this fixed.

Did you check the ControlCenter to make sure your serial number (as I described) is present? Was there another serial number there and did you remove it?

In the absence of internet, the only way I can think of to activate your patents is to get a new off-line serial number by sending an "e-mail" to feedback@nero.com.

The other issue is that, depending on when you bought your disc, it might not be have the updates. You would need the internet to download the latest, as mentioned by Since5.5.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm