Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero Platinum 2020 Download / Installation Fails at 33%

I was doubting to renew my Nero as I was not so happy on how problems were handled, and even returning (E.g. NVENC support failing again in 2018 version ) and the very limited progress on the Product itself.
In the end I did decide to give it another try with the 2020 edition . Now it seems I’m not even being able to download & Install the product make me totally disappointed before even being started...
I did get the "Nero_Platinum-2.1.1.1_stub.exe" but when running that it always fails at 33% with the message that the download did fail, That I should check my internet connection , and try later again... After several days still the same problem...
(My internet is perfectly OK (182 MB down, 16 MB Up) ...
Anyone having the same problem ? and more important a solution ?
4 people have
this problem
+1
  • Hello Jan-

That problem occasionally occurs and waiting a few days sometimes solves it.

Since you've already done that, I suggest that you send an e-mail to feedback@nero.com.

If you would, let us know what they have to say.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m frustrated
    Hi Jan,

I too had this issue and submitted an issue on the Nero web-site. A few hours later they replied, giving me a direct download link, that I was able to use to install the Nero Core software. I subsequently entered both my licence number and my activation code.

However, while Nero Start says that I have a Nero 2020 Premium licence, it also offers me almost nothing in the panel of applications. Strangely, I initially was not able to launch applications from the Windows 10 Start Menu (they would report an inability to verify my subscription), but after installing all three content packs (links again provided by Nero Support), I was able to launch at least Nero Video (I haven't tried most others) from the Windows 10 Start Menu. This is despite the fact that Nero Start is still showing all the applications grayed out! If I click any of these "gray" applications, I am taken to the Nero shop, where I am offered the opportunity "to upgrade my outdated software"!

Further, when I attempt to install Nero WaveEditor (from Nero Start, by clicking its "gray" button), it gets to 40% and fails just as your issue describes. I have sent a series of responses to Nero Support about the new issues, but haven't yet received a reply. They possibly aren't active yet - I am in UTC+8:00 (Hong Kong time-zone).

Hopefully, later this evening I will get some answers - it is roughly 23 hours since their first reply.

Let me know if you would like the direct download links I was sent - they do not appear to be person-specific.
    • view 1 more comment
    • Filed the problem also through de feedback@nero.com mail address end did get the download links back from them (As per below Post).
      This included also a tip to ensure that the log in account that you use to logon on your computer should not include any spaces, If it does they suggest to create a new Admin account without spaces and use that one to log on and then try to install... // Must say I did never had such install problems in the past -- I Did not yet try ti install so far with the new links & guidelines, Will try in the coming days. Must say I’m a bit worried it might mess up the installed older versions. (See the post of Kieth Below)
    • Install succeeded with the provided links by NERO support. They seem to be online know in the knowledge base also.... (See also comment Stefanie below).
      The NERO LAUNCHER does ignore the specified install directory en sticks to its own default one. But it seems to work en i was able to unlock the product. Did not test it out yet...
      Just started a few apps...
      Strange is that the installed Wave Editor seem still to be the old 14.0.0060 that I referred to before. See comment on Paul Adams comment. No trace of the 20.0.1002 as shown in Paul’s screen shot of the “about” info... Checking for updates is says nothing new is around...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Two Questions:
    1. How did you actually get a hold of Nero Support (for me they have REFUSED to respond to MULTIPLE requests for support via their web form, feedback@nero.com and through 2Co.com who processed the upgrade purchase)?
    2. What is the link to the full installer?

I've tried everything to install the update. Running the stub: it stops at 15% installing files, tells me a restart is required and to re-run the installer to finish after restart. However, re-running the installer leads to the same result.

I tried entering my activation code into Control Center; it won't "take". It shows the two entries of Nero Platinum 2020 with "-" for serial numbers. If I delete the Nero 2020 entries and try to install, the two no-SN entries for Nero 202 re-appear, and installation fails.

Unfortunately, since Nero refuses to talk to me about it (despite detailed reports and screen shots of the problem) I've been forced to start a Unite States consumer fraud complaint. (They took my money but refused to deliver working software AND refuse to discuss the fact that the software is not working as promised). Anyone in the US in a similar position may want to contact me regarding possible class action suite against Nero for this ongoing fraud.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I have similar problems and have waited over a week for a reply to over a dozen of inquiries. I have sent them lots and lots of information from screenshots to log files and they don't seem to care to respond.. Nero is silent, not caring that they sold me a product that does not work. My advice is to leave this product alone. Their 2020 trial version destroyed my valid 2019 install and it took me a day of searching the web to find the files to restore it. My original 2019 stub file fails like the 2020 version. Either way, we lose. Nero 2020 Platinum is not ready to be released at any level. The company cannot deliver and they do not respond to any inquires for help. This is a totally dead product that the company is milking for any last Euros they can get.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m very disappointed
    I have no idea why Nero Support have been answering me, although I know that only one of my reports was done through the web-page, and the remainder were done through the application Nero KnowHow (which clearly requires that you have successfully installed something!)

Here are the direct download links that Nero Support provided me.

Nero Platinum Suite:
    http://www.nero.com/download.php?id=n...

Nero Content Pack 1:

Nero Content Pack 2:

Nero Pro Content Pack:

Of some interest, I was unable to launch Nero Video until *AFTER* I had installed the content packs!

I was also sent a link for Nero WaveEditor, but the version it downloaded is a really old one - v15, while I already have v20 on one of my other computers, and fortunately had retained the installer for that one.

Please note that I am unable to launch almost any application from Nero Start, but can launch "most" applications from the Windows 10 Start Menu. That said, the following applications report inability to verify my subscription and won't launch:

- Nero Burning ROM
    - Nero DuplicateManager Photo
    - Nero Express

If anyone is unable to obtain the files from the above links (or would like the Nero WaveEditor v20 installer), please let me know and I will place copies on my OneDrive and share the links.

Sorry guys, I am not in the U.S., so can't join you on any class action.

However, I do still have a recourse through my credit card company - if I pay for something but can demonstrate that I have not been supplied with the agreed item of purchase (or that item is substantially not in accordance with its description - e.g. doesn't work), I can request that the credit card company reverse the charge. It takes a significant amount of time to get the money back, but it can be done.
    • view 3 more comments
    • Thanks for the links.

Unfortunately, though they install something, Control Center still contains two entries for Nero 2020 with "-" as the serial number, will not let me enter the SN from the purchase docs (claims it is already on my computer) so will only run in trial mode (soon to tap out, I suppose).

The other thing is that they have so thoroughly trashed the registry and installer directories with what appears to be several dozen small .msi programs, it is no wonder tech support refuses to talk to me. I have a feeling they will tell me to wipe the HD, do a clean OS install and then install Nero because they are too lame to remove all the trash going back to Nero 11 despite the fact that I uninstall the previous version after the new one installs successfully - which just can't seem to happen this year.
    • I would try to get you help from Nero but you don't answer my questions so I can find out if I should go the extra mile. For instance, see this-

http://forum.nero.com/nero_eng/topics...

I may have you confused with Keith but, I think I also asked you for some information about your serial number in another thread.

It does no good to post all over the forum concerning the same problem and to post unrelated problems within one thread.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• See the image that is shown from the Know How / About menu:

• view 1 more comment
    • By the way the exe Behind it is "waveedit.exe" dated from sept, 6 - 2016 ! and has Version 14.0.0.3 with copyright 2015 in the properties...
    • Checked A bit further : You can manually get the V20.0.1002 from the free apps section on the Nero download page... Not clear why they don't handle the updates properly from the Update section in the control center section of the Launcher while the apps are listed in the launcher...You think You are up te date but in the end it is not the case... It remains Messy...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• In Nero Support Knowledge base, there is a new article about the download links of Nero offline installers:
    https://nerosupport.freshdesk.com/en/...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I have gained a slight understanding of some differences in version numbers, but certainly not a complete one...

There appears to be a version increment between subscription based and permanent licence versions of the same software (at least for some applications) - apparently the permanent licence has a higher version number.

However, on my PC (which had most - I had thought all - subscription product uninstalled and then permanent licence product installed), I have both "2020" and "2021" of the Nero BackItUp Background Service installed and running.

The EXE that runs "Nero BackItUp Background Service 2020" is installed under the "Nero Platinum" folder, while the "Nero BackItUp Background Service 2021" is installed under the "Nero 2020" folder.

To my understanding, I shouldn't have anything installed still in the "Nero Platinum" folder.

I will report this issue too.
    • There is no correlation between installation file version numbers and the actual version number of the suite. The version number of the suite is the version number for Burning Rom.

Please provide the path to the "Nero Platinum" folder.

The path to the Nero 2020 files is C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 2020

There should also be a Nero 11 folder and a few other folders in the \Nero folder which are also used by Nero 2020.

The problem here is we have 3 different people describing various problems within one thread and which belong in their own thread. Since I'm the primary responder in this forum (the other volunteers also jump in once in a while), it's like chasing my tail to help.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned