Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero Platinum 2020 - Installation of Nero Core has failed

1. Used the stub installer - intalled fine but after registering shows 7-day trial.
2. Costumer support send me a standalone installer to use.
3. It fails with the subject line error.

I bought Nero Platinum 2020 Unlimited.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Since you've already been to tech support and their installer failed, there's nothing we can help you with here. You just need to go back to tech support for more guidance. I hope they asked you to check in the Nero ControlCenter to see if your purchased serial number was shown correctly and a trial serial number, if present, was removed before giving you the standalone installer. You can still do that unless you uninstalled the original installation. By the way, I've never heard of a 7 day trial. It's been at 15 days or longer for as long as I can remember and I've been in here almost everyday since 2008. Maybe I need to get updated.
    • view 7 more comments
    • Sleep tight. :D It's 1:00 PM here right now.
    • I have a similar problem. My serial number does not work, neither does their downloader. I am stuck with an update fee that does not work. I have contacted them numerous times this week and have gotten no response. When I learned that I could convert a trial version into something real with a valid lifetime serial number, the install not only destroyed my working 2019 platinum, but refused to accept my serial number. I contacted the seller about the problem and they told me to work it out with Nero. Nero has been silent. The seller could care less. I just paid to upgrade to a non-working product. I spent a day searching the web for files that would restore my Nero 2019 Platinum product and tweak things to make my old serial number work. Their old link to 2019 does not work either. This product is obviously old and broken and not worth the upgrade. Nero is milking what remains for all the money they can get with nothing but aesthetic changes. Do not make the mistake I did by trying to upgrade. It does not work.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Please update us on the customer service. Just a curiosity - what was the cost?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• For the versions that Nero still provides tech support, the support is free.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• WRONG!!

NERO DOES NOT SUPPLY SUPPORT FOR ANY PRODUCT.
    Not even just purchased updates that refuse to install. They have ignored multiple requests via their specified support email, the web form and from 2Co.com (who processed my upgrade payment) despite those reports containing detailed steps and screen shots of the failure.

AS A RESULT I AM FORCED TO INITIATE A CONSUMER FRAUD COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM. Anyone in the US in a similar position may want to contact me regarding possible class action suite against Nero for this ongoing fraud.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m wanting to keep the peace
    Hi Wayne,

I have been thinking about my interactions with Nero, what was responded to, and what was not.

I am not sure whether Nero Support "triage" on rage, as I have seen some other companies do... Basically, the more hostile or angry the tone of your e-mail / web-report / etc., the longer they will take to respond.

In some countries, you are permitted to refuse service to a person who appears aggressive, abusive or hostile - irrespective of the merit of what they are reporting.

My initial contact relating to my Nero 2020 Platinum Suite activation issues was very factual, and completely unemotional. I received a response within about 4 hours.

My subsequent responses become more cynical, and progressively more sarcastic. Tending to confirm the "rage triage" approach, none of those responses were replied to.

However, when I subsequently (the following day) returned to using purely factual, even lighthearted, reports through the Nero KnowHow application, I again received responses.

Give it a try - at the very least, you won't be making people less interested in communicating with you.
    • They got six objective, dispassionate contacts via feedback@nero.com, the web form, their "got a problem" button on the "Guide", and through the Control Center Knowledge thing, and through 2CO.com purchase account. (All Nero products now uninstalled so I can't find the exact name of the form you get from Control Center).

All communications simply referenced the PO #, steps to install, how they failed with screen shots. They have refused to respond to ANY of those, even failing to respond to 2CO.com support people!

NOW on seventh and subsequent attempts they get attitude since they are clearly BEING RUDE, PERPETRATING FRAUD, AND SHOWING THEIR TRUE CONTEMPT FOR USERS ONCE THEY HAVE TAKEN THEIR MONEY!!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m hoping this is helpful
    REPOST:

Links for downloads.

Here are the direct download links that Nero Support provided me.

Nero Platinum Suite:
    http://www.nero.com/download.php?id=n...

Nero Content Pack 1:

Nero Content Pack 2:

Nero Pro Content Pack:

Of some interest, I was unable to launch Nero Video until *AFTER* I had installed the content packs!

I was also sent a link for Nero WaveEditor, but the version it downloaded is a really old one - v15, while I already have v20 on one of my other computers, and fortunately had retained the installer for that one.

Please note that I am unable to launch almost any application from Nero Start, but can launch "most" applications from the Windows 10 Start Menu. That said, the following applications report inability to verify my subscription and won't launch:

- Nero Burning ROM
    - Nero DuplicateManager Photo
    - Nero Express

If anyone is unable to obtain the files from the above links (or would like the Nero WaveEditor v20 installer), please let me know and I will place copies on my OneDrive and share the links.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• In Nero Support Knowledge base, there is a new article about the download links of Nero offline installers:
    https://nerosupport.freshdesk.com/en/...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• I’m disappointed with Nero Support
    Thanks for that Stefanie,

That has revealed that I was sent the wrong link - I purchased a "buy once / use forever", which failed on the download.

However, when I reported the download failure to Nero Support, they sent me a link to the annual subscription installer, which I obviously used. I now suspect that this is why I am having activation issues.

I have reported this issue, and asked what is the correct path to fixing this...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• Same problem here. I purchased the perpetual version.

When I bought the software I was given a link and the file that it had me download was named Nero_2020-22.0.00900. This one failed with the error given here.

I found this support page: https://nerosupport.freshdesk.com/en/...
    Which has another download link for the perpetual version. This one gave me Nero_2020-22.0.01200 (newer version?). This one was able to install without failure.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated