Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m confused

Nero Platinum Suite 2019 some dubts?

Hello!
I have some doubts with Nero Video 2019 Platinum:
In the multimedia files always appear the default files and I would not appear (horse, dolphin etc ..), how can I do?
Is there a way to preview audio files? Is it possible to lower the music to hear the speech?
Is it possible to preview Video effects, Transitions etc ...? If yes, how?
Often when I start the Nero Video application, I get a window that tells me that the application is already running .. why?
In advanced mode I can not create chapter indicators: how can I do?
How does PiP Nero work? Often I remain symbol with "A" and arrow that I would not like .. how can I delete it leaving the effect?
NERO contenent Pack 1-2 as well as Nero 2019 Life themes, Nero cover design Black Wave and Nero Sound Tracks: are they gratis? Is there any particular way to install them or just start the installation file?
Opacity: where do I find it? There is in the manual but I can not find it on the screen ...
Which format to create a video file from a black project? And which format to use to bring this file to DVD and viewable correctly on TV? MPEG2 or 4 or AVC or other? I do not know the video files ...
Thanks
1 person has
this question
+1
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi NeroBLK,

sure I can help, but your questions cover quite a range, so it couldn't been done in just a minute. I have tried to answer as short as possible but hopefully as deep as you need it. Just a tip: use Nero KnowHow PLUS and Live Guide with your applications. These will cover a lot of FAQs that you might have.

I have categorized your questions into #1 installations and #2 functions.

#1 - Installations
    Q: Install Nero Content
    A: NERO Content Pack 1, 2 as well as Nero 2019 LifeThemes PRO are part of your Platinum product (no extra fee). In Nero Start click on the Content button to download and install them

Q: Install Nero CoverDesigner
    A: Nero CoverDesigner is a free product and should be installed together with the rest of the Suite programs. If not installed click on the gray button to download and install. Afterward the application start button turns from gray to red color.
    Q: Install WaveEditor & SoundTrax
    A: Nero WaveEditor and Nero SoundTracks are free tools. Just click on the gray button to download and install. Once installed the buttons turn to blue color.

#2 - Functions
    Q: In the multimedia files always appear the default files and I would not appear (horse, dolphin etc ..), how can I do?
    A: If you have installed all content packs all default files should be visible in the respective category within ‘My Media’.

Q: Is there a way to preview audio files?
    A: Yes, you can pre-listen to audio files in my ‘My Media’. Check instruction in the screenshot. Of course you can always pre-listen your Audio via the preview window if your clip is located in the timeline.

Q: Is it possible to lower the music to hear the speech?
    A: Go to advanced editing mode. If you have two tracks in parallel (one with music, one with speech). Switch to extended timeline view to see the waveforms of your clips. Select the track you want to edit. Go to effect palette and check the properties window for your clip. Click on the triangle left of ‘Audio Level’ to see the dB level. Use the dB slider for lowering or increasing the volume per track. You can also type in e.g. -6dB if you want to decrease the volume by half. You can also set keyframes (when selecting ‘Use keyframes’) allowing you to do sequences of different loudness settings over time.

Q: Is it possible to preview Video effects, Transitions etc ...? If yes, how?
    A: There is no animated preview of effects. Just drag and drop them to the clip in the timeline and check them in the preview window.

Q: Often when I start the Nero Video application, I get a window that tells me that the application is already running .. why?
    A: Because you have already started an earlier instance of the application, and there can only be one Nero Video program instance running at a time.

Q: In advanced mode I can not create chapter indicators: how can I do?
    A: Put the cursor over the time scale and right click. In the context menu select ‘Set Chapter Marker’.

Q: How does PiP Nero work? Often I remain symbol with "A" and arrow that I would not like .. how can I delete it leaving the effect?
    A: The ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’ lettering is only a placeholder graphic for the associated video track. Just drag a clip from ‘My Media’ to the PIP placeholder within the timeline or within the preview window. Afterwards the placeholder is replaced by your video or image asset. See screenshot where two placeholders out of five are yet to be filled.

Q: Opacity: where do I find it? There is in the manual but I can not find it on the screen ...
    A: Select your clip, go to Effect Palette > Properties Window > Opacity (see screenshot).

Q: Which format to create a video file from a black project?
    A: It depends on what you want to do. Go to ‘Movie Options’ and select the right format for your intended output.

Q: Which format to use to bring this file to DVD and viewable correctly on TV? MPEG2 or 4 or AVC or other? I do not know the video files ...
    A: if you want to create a DVD select ‘TV Widescreen’. If you want to export a file to your USB Stick to watch on your HD TV, select HDTV Full HD. When you have edited your project and want to create a DVD click next and follow the steps in the screenshot.

If you want to export to file click ‘Export’, or ‘Export File’ and select an AVC profile. See screenshot.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Abraxas01: thanks thanks thanks!!!
    I'm sorry but my english is not very well, but you have answered very well!
    I'll try all you have told me.
    I have not understand only some things:
    #2 Function: the default files in multimedia area:I hate them, I would like to delete them because they create confusion in organizing the files.. is it possible?
    PiP Effects: the letters also remain on video on the finish .. in practice, I remain a slide with a letter if I do not know how to delete it
    Create a DVD: I usually create the video, then I export it to a file, then I create DVD Video with Menu .. is it correct as iter? So I have to save it in AVC, right? In the save screen, in 3 drop-down menus, it gives me 2 AVC and only one selectable MPEG-4 ...
    I tried to create test videos, but once I put it in the DVD player of the DVD Recoder, it formatted the DVD! How is this possible?
    Often in a DVD Video, I insert more video options from the initial menu .. to do this I create video files that then insert in the creation of DVD Video and menu attached .. at least this is what I would like to do.
    Apologizing again for my English, thank you again very much for your help and patience !!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi NeroBLK,

great that my initial set of FAQs was useful.

Here are some answer to your remaining three questions.
    Hope that these will resolve you issues.

Again: I strongly suggest to take a look at NeroKnow PLUS and Live Guide. Many of your issues are explained there.

1. My Media showing files:
    The default clips are always in there.
    But there are a number of viewing options so that you won't see them.
    If you click on 'Show' a drop down list will open.
    Best option depends, I guess in most cases it will be 'last imported'.
    But you can also create your own favorites (screen shot 1), or only shows those clips you are using in the project (screenshot 2).

2. PiP Effects: as mentioned before, if you drag clips on to the placeholder thumbnails that have the letters, you will not have any letter/green area in your exported video. Either select a suiting template for your case from the many available (one that has less PIP fields), or you can also delete thumbnail placeholders like shown here.
    a. Go to advanced editing
    b. Insert a PIP
    c. Right click on the PIP sequence in the timeline and select 'Ungroup grouped objects'

d. Select the clip with the thumbnail letter in the track that you want to delete. Via context menu (right click) select 'remove from track'. Done.

3, Create a DVD-Video.
    As mentioned above. A DVD-Video uses MPEG-2.
    In 'Movie Options' select TV Widescreen'. Create your editing project using any clip via importing. When done, you do not need to export to file but just click 'Next' > Create Disc > DVD > DVD-Video.
    Your project will be taken over to the disc creation module. Select a menu, insert a disc, and press 'Burn'. All your clips and the menu will be encoded to the correct DVD specification (MPEG-2), that should work on any DVD player.
    Regarding the discs to be used: I suggest not to use re-writable DVD discs. Just use DVD-R or DVD+R discs. In this case you will not have any issue with disc re-formatting.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Ok, i really do not know how to thank you! You are a precious help!
    I read and I'm reading the manual and I watch LiveGuide but it's not clear to me because I'm not familiar with video programs and it's a bit difficult for me to understand everything, especially if I have little time to devote myself to it. So your help is really useful for me! Thanks a lot!!! Also my English is not very well...
    For the default clips, I had seen the favorites, but made a problem by leaving some defaults visible, and the latest imports not complete or partial .. I do not know why ..
    The DVD that I had inserted in the DVD Recorder in player mode, it was a DVD + R .. it is strange that it has formatted it .. however now I am trying to burn it again as you say.
    I would be interested to have the file to insert in the DVD with menu, for this I export it first in file and then in DVD .. so I still have the file already "converted" to be saved for future duplicates.
    I wanted to ask you two more things:
    1- I have installed the various Contenent Packs but I have not seen anything new in Nero video .. should there be no new audio, themes etc. ..?
    2- Sound Track and Wave Edition tells me that I have to confirm and register by contract .. is it free, only pro-forma or are then paid? Can I proceed with their installation?
    3- When I insert audio tracks, at the end of the track, the audio is noticeably thin until it disappears .. leaving me the last clip almost without audio.. how can i fix it?

Thanks very much for your Help!

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• EMPLOYEE
    I’m fine to support
    HI again,

1. For the content packs check this link for what's new in Nero 2019 Platinum:
    https://neroknowhow.com/2018/09/06/wh...

And you can find details about the new content here: https://neroknowhow.com/2018/09/12/wh...

Both FAQs are available in different languages: EN/DE/FR/IT/ES/PTp,

Note that all of the FAQs related to Nero 2019 are available in Italian (I guess that is your language, when looking at the Italian naming of one of your audio clips in the sample screenshot). Just click on Nero KnowHow PLUS in Nero Start and you will see. BTW, I think your English is pretty good.

2. Nero SoundTracks and Nero WaveEditior are free. Just install them via Nero Start under the button 'Tools'.

3. For the sound: in the examples you have used fade out/fade in and cross fade effects. That is why the sound goes away at the end of your clips. Click on the effect and delete it. I also suggest that you switch to advanced mode and in there to extended timeline view to see the audio waveform. In advanced mode you can also do precise audio fades via keyframes.

BTW, based on some of your questions I have created dedicated FAQs in Nero KnowHow. Not available in Italian yet, but probably useful for you anyway.

https://neroknowhow.com/2018/12/04/ho...
    https://neroknowhow.com/2018/12/05/wh...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• abraxas01: thanks very very much!!!

You are fantastic!!! Both accuracy and patience!!!

Thanks!!!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Sorry, i have created a DVD-Video... but it's not autoloadable.. i have to click on the directory of the program to start the video.
    There are 2 directory in DVD created: AUDIO_TS e VIDEO_TS...
    I don't understand how can i make it bootable..
    I'm probably wrong with some settings... but i don't know!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Ok, i'll try it and it's autoloadable on DVD rec e Playstation3.. but i cannot run it on PC... it's strange!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Hi.

I see that you mention "future duplicates". If you know that you will need to make the same DVD again the following may help.

When I have got my project as I want it I initially burn it to a DVDRW and proof watch that as there is normally still some minor adjustments required. So when it is 100% I then either burn to a DVD-R and then burn an image of that DVD to my hard drive or I burn an image (select image burner as the output device) in the first place. By doing this you have a copy (the image) which you can then burn to blank DVDs in the future.

Just a thought on the autoload problem. Are you trying to create a high definition disc (AVCHD) ?If so this might play on PlayStation 3 but only on PC if you have a BluRay player on there

Hope this helps you
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm