Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero Premium 2016 VC Redist 2010 SP1 failed to install

Trying to install Nero 2016 Premium and the installer terminates because of this error. Read some of the similar problem people had with Nero 2015, tried uploading the VC package directly from Microsoft. Running that package returns an error that there is a newer package already installed on this computer. Yet still the product won't install. Help!
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi David,
    Do you have the option to "repair" the installation directly downloaded from Microsoft? That might work.

Alternatively, if you can uninstall it via Windows Control Panel / Programs and features ...

Then reinstall directly from Microsoft ... it might work.

• (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

Good idea Phil!

There was no repair option but I did delete and reinstall that one package. After that Nero installed properly. Regrettably, it did not allow me to transfer a commercial DVD to thumb drive as hoped.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Good to hear that you got the software to install.

For the DVD to thumb-drive ... perhaps the DVD is copy-protected?

I wonder if you can just copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to a thumb-drive via normal Windows File explorer methods?

Dragging and dropping the resulting Video_TS file structure onto Nero MediaHome or the free Media player "VLC media player" can work to play a copy of the DVD in cases where there is no copy-protection issues.

I guess you tried Nero Recode to "rip" the DVD and output to a file?

(Another way could be to import the .vob files into Nero Video and "Export" out to a video file ... but again, if the content is copy-protected, it would not be possible.)

The other issue can be if the content has DTS audio ... Nero 2016 is now unable to decode DTS audio owing to the result of a lawsuit against Nero by DTS Inc. earlier this year.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm