Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero Recode 2014 MP4 output A/V async and glitches

Here is the link to the BBC TWO HD 2015-06-05 MPEG2-TS SOURCE FILE of a UK Weather Forecast (MPEG2-TS video, AAC-LATM audio):
http://nerobackitup.pogoplug.com/s/J6...

This is the link to the NERO RECODE 2014 MP4 OUTPUT FILE (There are glitches and pauses when playing in Windows Media Player and Nero Media Home in Windows 7):
http://nerobackitup.pogoplug.com/s/w1...

This is the link to the NERO VIDEO 2014 MP4 OUTPUT FILE (There are glitches and pauses when playing in Windows Media Player and Nero Media Home in Windows 7):
http://nerobackitup.pogoplug.com/s/Nu...

This is the link to the XMEDIA RECODE 3233 MP4 OUTPUT FILE (No glitches and pauses when playing in Windows Media Player and Nero Media Home in Windows 7):
http://nerobackitup.pogoplug.com/s/a6...

SOURCE FILE:

Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 62.6 MiB
Duration : 245ms
Overall bit rate : 5 627 Kbps

Video
ID : 101 (0x65)
Menu ID : 17472 (0x4440)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 40ms
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : Component
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Color primaries : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4, SMPTE RP177
Transfer characteristics : BT.709-5, BT.1361
Matrix coefficients : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4 709, SMPTE RP177

Audio
ID : 102 (0x66)
Menu ID : 17472 (0x4440)
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Muxing mode : LATM
Codec ID : 17
Duration : 256ms
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -752ms
Language : English

(In the other thread the source file is MPEG2-TS video and AC3 audio - above source file is MPEG2-TS and AAC-LATM).
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • btw, the source files are made with the freeware SichboPVR.
    • view 3 more comments
    • Hi OmegaTester,

Yes, I downloaded your file and reproduced your results exactly. i.e. A/V async in Windows Media Player but not in Nero HomeMedia. Your MPEG2-TS source file has AC3 audio and my MPEG2-TS source file in the other thread also has AC3 audio and has these results too.

My MPEG2-TS source file above with AAC-LATM audio converted to MP4 by Nero Recode 2014 and by Nero Video 2014 has glitches in both MP4 output files (linked above) when played in both Nero HomeMedia and in Windows Media Player (I used no HWA).

So, MPEG2-TS with AC3 converted to MP4 in Nero Recode 2014 can be played in Nero HomeMedia with no gltches and no A/V async, but has glitches and async in Windows Media Player.

MPEG2-TS with AAC-LATM source video (linked above in first post) converted to MP4 in Nero Recode 2014 (no HWA) and in Nero Video 2014 (no HWA) has glitches, etc. when played in Nero MediaHome and in Windows Media Player.
    • nbdg223,

First, I wasn't accurate above when I said, "Your files all have "glitches", etc. when played in Nero software or in PotPlayer". The source file and the XMedia file play fine in PotPlayer; the source file has video freezes in MediaHome but A/V sync is good - the Recode and Video outputs correspond, but have poor sync in WMP as you have noted.

I don't see a way to change the output format of the SichboPVR. I see long lists of decoders in advanced setup, but nothing about "saving" selections, etc. What am I missing?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Do the output MP4 videos made with Nero Recode 2014 and Nero Video 2014 (links above in first post) have pauses too when others play them in Nero Media Home (and Windows Media Player) on their computer ? Thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi nbdg223:

Also check the other thread: http://forum.nero.com/nero_eng/topics...

There is indeed a reported bug with your issue of hardware accelerated encoding with Intel and also Nvidia GFX in Nero 2014. The A/V out of sync issue with Nvidia and Intel GPGPU based encoding in Nero 2014 was fixed in Nero 2015. For a fixing history see below.

The out of sync in WMP playback only is a special issue that was not fixed so far. We need to dig deeper into that..

Regarding source files with “Delay relative to video”, the history is:
    - In N2014, with Intel and CUDA HWA, the encoded files were out of sync with any player (two reported bugs).
    - In N2014, with AMD HWA or without HWA, encoded files were in sync when played with Nero and VLC, but out of sync with WMP.
    - In N2015 we fixed the HWA related A/V out of sync issue with Intel and Nvidia GPGPUs, but did not trigger the WMP only playback out of sync. This seems to be a special problem for WMP only.

The hotfix version of Nero 2015 is not relevant for this special issue.
    • view 1 more comment
    • Hi nbdg223: that's understood. In N2014 files encoded without HWA were in sync when played with Nero and VLC, but out of sync with WMP. As said we are dealing with the problem.
    • Hi Video Doc,

If the audio is AC3 in the MPEG2-TS source file then, yes, the Nero Recode 2014 (no HWA) and Nero Video 2014 (no HWA) output MP4 files are in sync when played in Nero MediaHome but out-of-sync in Windows Media Player.

However, if the audio in the MPEG2-TS source file is AAC-LATM then the A/V is in sync in the Nero Recode 2014 (no HWA) output MP4 video and in the Nero Video 2014 (no HWA) output MP4 video when played in Nero MediaHome and in Windows Media Player BUT the video freezes in various places.

The source file in the first post of this thread freezes during playback in Nero MediaHome but it does not freeze in Windows Media Player.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Here is a new source file with MPEG2-TS video and MP2 audio of a Judge Judy_CBS Reality clip, Resolution: 544x576. This time it is non-HD unlike the previous source files.
    http://nerobackitup.pogoplug.com/s/6i...

This is the link to the NERO RECODE 2014 MP4 OUTPUT FILE. Settings in Nero Recode 2014: Aspect Ratio: Letterbox; Resolution: 720x576; Frame rate: Automatic; Resizing: Super Resolution.
    When playing in Windows Media Player and in Nero MediaHome in Windows 7 the A/V is out-of-sync.
    http://nerobackitup.pogoplug.com/s/mn...

This is the link to the XMEDIA RECODE 3233 MP4 OUTPUT FILE.
    When playing in Windows Media Player and in Nero MediaHome in Windows 7 the A/V is in sync.
    http://nerobackitup.pogoplug.com/s/wx...

SOURCE FILE:

Format : MPEG-TS
    File size : 134 MiB
    Duration : 11mn 16s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 1 660 Kbps

Video
    ID : 4352 (0x1100)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : M=2, N=37
    Codec ID : 2
    Duration : 11mn 16s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 1 448 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 15.0 Mbps
    Width : 544 pixels
    Height : 576 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Active Format Description : Full frame 16:9 image
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.185
    Stream size : 117 MiB (87%)

Audio
    ID : 4354 (0x1102)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Mode : Joint stereo
    Codec ID : 3
    Duration : 11mn 18s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Delay relative to video : -2s 36ms
    Stream size : 10.4 MiB (8%)
    • view 3 more comments
    • OmegaTester,

I downloaded your Handbrake recoding and it is in sync in Windows Media Player and in Nero MediaHome.
    • nbdg223,

tsMuxer remux [138 MB].

This is the first of your files that I've been able to import into tsMuxer! So, unlike the previous .ts files, this last one does seem to be "perfect" since tsMuxer and Handbake are able to deal with it.

Back to the formats!

So, I see AVC/AC-3, AVC/AAC, and MPEG/MPEG. Did you slip up? :--} It appears that one source has AVC with AC-3 or AAC and the other has MPEG?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hello Video Doc,

I wonder if you saw my new post above with a new (second) source file and new (second) Nero Recode 2014 MP4 output video with A/V out-of-sync ? This new source file is MPEG2-TS (MPEG2) non-HD video and MP2 audio file (The source file in the first post in this thread is MPEG2-TS (AVC) HD video and AAC-LATM audio).

Thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm